Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:46:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS L3+ May batch  (Read 579 times)
oawan (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:13:08 AM

Hi, I have some L3+ coming in the May batch (should ship this week) from bitmain.  Looking to sell 4 of them. 

Obviously I'm new here and I'm fine with using escrow.  Have plenty of feedback on ebay as well. 

Price is 2.3 BTC each.  Buyer pays escrow fee.  I'm located in Southern California so shipping will depend on where you are.  If you're close I can do ground for $20.  Otherwise 2 day will be about $60 each. 
a29654

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:15:58 AM

What area?
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:52:25 AM

Hi, I have some L3+ coming in the May batch (should ship this week) from bitmain.  Looking to sell 4 of them. 

Obviously I'm new here and I'm fine with using escrow.  Have plenty of feedback on ebay as well. 

Price is 2.3 BTC each.  Buyer pays escrow fee.  I'm located in Southern California so shipping will depend on where you are.  If you're close I can do ground for $20.  Otherwise 2 day will be about $60 each. 

WOW! thats a decent ~$2000 markup per miner you dont have yet! I hope they ship on time for this batch.

Good luck with your sales!

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
oawan (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:59:55 AM

WOW! thats a decent ~$2000 markup per miner you dont have yet!

I think the price is quite fair.  Keep in mind at current prices these units will produce ~$900 a month.  The May batch has been selling ~$4000 on ebay. 

I also hope they ship on time, although I expect they will since it appears the issue that caused the delays of the previous batch (segwit) has been resolved.

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:32:34 AM

WOW! thats a decent ~$2000 markup per miner you dont have yet!

I think the price is quite fair.  Keep in mind at current prices these units will produce ~$900 a month.  The May batch has been selling ~$4000 on ebay. 

I also hope they ship on time, although I expect they will since it appears the issue that caused the delays of the previous batch (segwit) has been resolved.

"Keep in mind at current prices these units will produce ~$900 a month."

What current prices are you referring to? you mean before the next jump in net hashrate happens with the may batch of thousands of miners?

Or do you mean the current price that if you had one in your hands right now will produce? can you show me some info graphics, i may be wrong...thanks!

Oh and we dont use ebay or other sites for comparison here, if you want to sell on ebay then by all means pay the 10% + in fees and hope you dont get a chargeback, also as far as i know you can't sell items for bitcoin on ebay Smiley

---"although I expect they will since it appears the issue that caused the delays of the previous batch (segwit) has been resolved." you really believe that was the issue? was in customs, the firmware or politics? you decide... lol

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
a29654

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:47:39 AM

Yeah, these miners will make what 30%(?) less once the May batches are connected.

$3000 is a huge mark up
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:21:11 AM

Not counting reability of any Bitmain's gear, espeically previous L3. Can read forum posts here of some notable miners.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:18:34 PM

There are several things still missing from this "ad".

1) As of now 2.3 BTC is about $3,270 USD. Do you really believe that you are going to ship a $3k+ piece of electronics around the US for $20? This is not in the buyer's interest. There is probably an additional $30+ for insurance with signature required additional.

Most shippers are pretty cagey these days and may want to open up the package and may even want to see the original invoice. If the original invoice is $2k less, then they will insure for the invoice value, $1400. This means the purchaser assumes further risk.

2) Your post is also missing something that should be made explicit, who is warranting this miner? I could envision the angle that BITMAIN could claim that they have no authorized US resellers, therefore the L3 miner is not under warranty.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:04:02 PM

1) As of now 2.3 BTC is about $3,270 USD. Do you really believe that you are going to ship a $3k+ piece of electronics around the US for $20? This is not in the buyer's interest. There is probably an additional $30+ for insurance with signature required additional.

Most shippers are pretty cagey these days and may want to open up the package and may even want to see the original invoice. If the original invoice is $2k less, then they will insure for the invoice value, $1400. This means the purchaser assumes further risk.

2) Your post is also missing something that should be made explicit, who is warranting this miner? I could envision the angle that BITMAIN could claim that they have no authorized US resellers, therefore the L3 miner is not under warranty.

oawan (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:34:38 AM

1.  Ground shipping was only intended for buyers geographically close to me.  And yes $20 should be roughly the cost.  I get discounted rates.  If it ends up costing $25 I don't mind.  As for insurance, I ship alot and I self insure.  If FedEx loses it, I'll ship you another (keep in mind with escrow funds wouldn't be released until tracking shows delivered so this is really my risk, not buyer's).  Properly packaged/labeled boxes almost never go missing.  Like 1 in thousands.

2.  Warranty is through bitmain.  People sell miners all the time and I've never heard of any issues with them not honoring warranty.  If it comes to it and Bitmain refuses warranty service (highly doubt they would) then buyer can send miner to me, I can send it out for service and send it back to buyer. 
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:11:17 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 03:25:20 PM by isoneguy

yeah, once you ship it then the warranty expires...read the fine print :p

not that it matters because the warranty sucks ass and they make you pay a crap load for them to honor it.

I think the warranty is the smallest issue here, the biggest issue is that you are selling something you don't currently have...

So everyone fuck off until they arrive yeah?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: