Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else HAVE most or maybe ALL of their money in btc/crypto?  (Read 5590 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:16:06 PM

I have 30% of my money invested to cryptocurrency.  I can see that there is a lot to profit in venturing in this industry but I am still a bit cautious to not put all my eggs in one basket so I only invested part of my money to crypto and others to investment outside cryptocurrency.  At least if one fails, the other can redeem it.

Even thirty percent seems like too much dude, I hope and pray that the amount of money that is in crypto is in less volatile coins such as Bitcoin, as the others are disgustingly more volatile and could show that 30 percent of your money can vanish in one day if the crypto bubble blew or something along those lines occur.

Also, if I may ask the people that have a large portion of their money in cryptos do you store the coins in a wallet or on some sort of exchange for long term holding? Also, long term or day traders when it comes to the cryptocurrency that you own.

Risky but it could pan out well if ya get lucky.
It depends on the amount of risk you are willing to take, if you are not comfortable taking too many risks then  diversifying seems like a good choice, but you must understand that the average people is not that diversified either most of their money is in their houses, cars, and bank accounts.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemonade09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:06:19 PM

No way ur gonna take that risk even we can see the success of cryptocurrency and we are earning a lot of bitcoin or alt coins in investing there's no way yout gonna invest all your money 👎 in just a split second the bitcoin price can go down and when that happened all your investment is gonna and when you invest your gonna your really done so investing all your money is not a good idea at all💡💡.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:35:47 PM

I invested 3% of my savings in BTC in 2013. Best investment I've ever made. The sum makes nearly 30% of my savings right now...

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:44:11 PM

I haven't put lots of money into bitcoin. Most of my investments came from signature campaign and some easy tasks. But I'm planning to consistently put some amount of money for my investments. I'm looking for a long term goal here in bitcoin community. I'm pretty sire that I'm on the right track.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 05:25:00 AM

Or is it just me lol?

Can't complain thesedays, fat stacks just getting fatter  Grin

I mean, how much are we talking about here? Couple Thousand? Tens of thousands? More?

For me, not most or all of my money...and not quite enough at the same time, ya know?
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:14:05 AM

Or is it just me lol?

Some people like you and they are quite successful with it but I still haven't dared to do that and now still thinking about it for off all money in crypto for just in case, because the government has not legalized the bitcoin and had to wait some time to sell the bitcoin to the fiat.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:45:15 AM

Or is it just me lol?

Can't complain thesedays, fat stacks just getting fatter  Grin
Some people like you and they are quite successful with it but I still haven't dared to do that and now still thinking about it for off all money in crypto for just in case, because the government has not legalized the bitcoin and had to wait some time to sell the bitcoin to the fiat.
Yes do not put all your money in cryptocurrencies because the future is still not that clear so it will be a high risk for you to put all your money there. If you want to invest in cryptocurrencies then just put a little bit of your money for long term and i think that is enough for you to earn money because bitcoin price are pumping high and soon it will get a very high price like 5000 USD.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:43:21 AM

I put most all of my money in btc/crypto because I beleive it will grow my savings. And, now Im happy as what you can see btc price is increasing and I earn of it. Btc saves for the future I know I can earn big profit.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:37:27 AM

Or is it just me lol?

I mean, how much are we talking about here? Couple Thousand? Tens of thousands? More?

For me, not most or all of my money...and not quite enough at the same time, ya know?
It doesn't really matter how much money, it is what you can afford to lose that matters. If you are young or it is play money then it could be worth the risk. But of course these coins are highly volatile so the risks should be known.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:43:03 AM

Or is it just me lol?

Yeah I would agree there, there is still a lot of risk with putting all money I'm BTC, other than legality there also is the price risk we never know if BTC drops dead. With that said even if someone puts 'all'  his money in Btc it would not be practical as how is he supposed to pay to someone who doesn't accept bitcoin, as bitcoin isn't accepted in A LOT of places.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:44:06 PM

I put most all of my money in btc/crypto because I beleive it will grow my savings. And, now Im happy as what you can see btc price is increasing and I earn of it. Btc saves for the future I know I can earn big profit.

It seems you are right on what you believe in at this moment.  Though the question is, until when we are right with our prediction that bitcoin price will go up?  Bitcoin price won't forever increase, once the market reach its maximum saturation, price will either be stable or worst decline.  I hope you can cash out your bitcoin at its peak.
CoinCidental (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:19:08 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 01:47:06 PM by CoinCidental

Or is it just me lol?

[/quote

This is the extent of my investments in pie chart (87% crypto based):

69.6% BTC
14.8% ETH
13.1% GOLD
1.2%   LITECOIN
1.0%   MONERO
0.5%   RIPPLE

Afterall , This is Gentlemen  Cool Cool Cool

BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 01:31:02 PM

I do not put all my money on cryptocurrency since majority of it are being used for family budget and bills payment.  I only allocate the free fund (excess after budgeting the money) and not 100% of it.  I allocate 50% as savings in cryptocurrency and 50% as savings in fiat money. This is to make sure that I won't be touching my BTC for a very long time..
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:00:44 PM

No, I have only ~20% of my money in btc. I'm still prefer to keep biggest part of my savings in fiat. Not because that I don't believe in bitcoin future or something else. Fiat is just more convenient. I just need to go to ATM and withdraw my cash if I need. If I would keep my money in bitcoin - I would need to deposit it to exchange, then withdraw fiat. It requires more time and also it costs some fees.
I don't have plans to keep al my money in bitcoins, but probably I will increase part of my money which I keep in bitcoins to bigger percentage.

well, it is basically a fiat is still very dominate in every activity we do. Because fiat direct deals about the Government, where the Government has always set all things in the transaction or the rotation of their wealth. But at least you have a chance to get an advantage in the bitcoin, as if seen from all the data that is in the future of the bitcoin has a pretty good potential. Though perhaps there will be some changes, but I believe they are saving some of the bTC will get many advantages

posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:37:43 AM

I invested 3% of my savings in BTC in 2013. Best investment I've ever made. The sum makes nearly 30% of my savings right now...

Wow. That is great, you made good investment even it is just small at first now you are gaining high profit from that for sure.
At OP, I guess you made good investment too that is why you have good amount of money in bitcoin value. Things in bitcoin is good so far, no doubt why people are continue getting into it.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:50:11 AM

I do not put all my money on cryptocurrency since majority of it are being used for family budget and bills payment.  I only allocate the free fund (excess after budgeting the money) and not 100% of it.  I allocate 50% as savings in cryptocurrency and 50% as savings in fiat money. This is to make sure that I won't be touching my BTC for a very long time..
Great diversification. That is a good money management because you are not risky and you don't invested all your money savings into bitcoin because there is a chance if you put all your money in bitcoin then when you need money for emergency, you need to sell your bitcoins first for a not high price which is not a good one to sell. Keep diversifying your money and at the end of the day you will be satisfied Grin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:58:38 AM

Or is it just me lol?

Well, since I am only earning money through signature campaign and from some few sources I think I can consider that most of my money are in bitcoin or cryptocurrency. But it seems you are infering or asking if we put most of our money in to bitcoin then I'm not and I am not even planning to put my money into bitcoin if ever I am earning it from a job outside this forum .
ztalker

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:05:24 AM

As from 2015 i'm living only having bitcoins - sometimes its pain in the ass, when you need to pay rent, like now. Still have some bank accounts around the world for recieving fiat from some clients but converting them always almost instantly to BTC. Considered this long time before but after selling my startup, went to traveling and dont ever looking back - feels cool.

Some holdings - in DCR, STR - something like less than 1%
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:02:04 AM

I sexually identify as a pansexual bitcoin so technically I am all bitcoin, 100%.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
CoinCidental (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:04:27 AM

I sexually identify as a pansexual bitcoin so technically I am all bitcoin, 100%.

Get  the fuck off our thread you weirdo...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: