Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else HAVE most or maybe ALL of their money in btc/crypto?  (Read 5590 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:08:01 AM

Differentiation is always the key. Differentiate you crypto investments as well as your non crypto ones. Putting all eggs in the same basket is never a good solution.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:14:40 AM

Maybe. But not advisable to put all your money to cryptocurrencies. Me, i put half of my earnings on cryptos and the other half is going to my wallet. Bitcoin and other cryptos are volatile. You know how risky it is. But crypto is a form of investment. Only if you manage it right. Also only few people are succeeded on crypto.
CoinCidental (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:17:17 AM

Differentiation is always the key. Differentiate you crypto investments as well as your non crypto ones. Putting all eggs in the same basket is never a good solution.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cuban-on-investing-diversification-is-for-idiots-2011-8

If you are confident in a certain area of the market, it makes sense for professionals to focus on that.. Ordinary people should have a mixed basket but if got know what you're doing you can make a lot more by focusing on your speciality

MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:59:16 AM

Well just like folks diversify in stock, I diversify in cybercurrencies; spreading out over 10 different ones.
Kevin77
Legendary

Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:10:25 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/cuban-on-investing-diversification-is-for-idiots-2011-8

If you are confident in a certain area of the market, it makes sense for professionals to focus on that.. Ordinary people should have a mixed basket but if got know what you're doing you can make a lot more by focusing on your speciality
But being just confidence will not guarantee no-losses. Do or die is not a philosophy of a good investors, they want to do even some are dying. Probably bitcoin is an lone opportunity you may go with 100%, if you are not believing into diversification, could you get me any other investment opportunity except bitcoins where I may go 100% for better returns.

Even I am already saving only bitcoins, I am not suggesting anyone to go 100%, we should not break the basics. The prime principle of investment must be diversification. When we are sticking with basics, we are having minimum guarantee.
CoinCidental (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:22:33 PM

Well just like folks diversify in stock, I diversify in cybercurrencies; spreading out over 10 different ones.

i agree with this 100%  ,the results speak for themselves
i have friends who keep investing in  property and other assets  because thats what they know
but nothing and i mean nothing produces  returns like crypto .... Grin

apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 01:37:08 PM

I have about all of my earnings in bitcoins, as I earn them online directly and let them stay there till the right time. Offline I don't have a job, so yes all my earnings are in bitcoin as I haven't cashed out for a long time. Yea !

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 01:40:46 PM

I'm not 100% in Bitcoin, not even 100% in crypto in general. It's just too volatile at the moment to be used as storage of value, even if the prices are just going up mostly.
Plus I still rely on my bankaccount for day to day transactions.

Nahl
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:16:55 PM

for those who all in with buying bitcoin they are certainly happy with the current price because finally it was reach the highest price on the history but unfortunately i wasn't part of them because i personally not dare to go all in and the volatile always be the main cause for me
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:44:07 PM

Most don't have a large amount of their money on BTC because it is too new and too risky. Who has a lot of coins was a super early adopter that kept his/her coins "forgotten".
The new altcoins that are been created in these days has attracted much attention, with investors trying to figure out which can be the next BTC... maybe this one way to earn a lot... or lose all:Smiley

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
CoinCidental (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:11:22 PM

Most don't have a large amount of their money on BTC because it is too new and too risky. Who has a lot of coins was a super early adopter that kept his/her coins "forgotten".
The new altcoins that are been created in these days has attracted much attention, with investors trying to figure out which can be the next BTC... maybe this one way to earn a lot... or lose all:Smiley

Btc IS the next Btc.... Get it or regret it folks
Ethereum is growing alongside it but they are not the same animal , differently designed for different purposes but that's not to say anything necessarily  bad about the altcoins..

You can't really go wrong with top. 5 coins over the long term imo, the only one I would not buy is dash
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:25:55 AM

I do not put all my money on cryptocurrency since majority of it are being used for family budget and bills payment.  I only allocate the free fund (excess after budgeting the money) and not 100% of it.  I allocate 50% as savings in cryptocurrency and 50% as savings in fiat money. This is to make sure that I won't be touching my BTC for a very long time..
That is a very high percentage, just remember to be responsible and don’t take many chances since bitcoin price can change very quickly and in that way you could profit from bitcoin but you could also lose money if you are not attentive about the price.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:26:30 AM

I think doing it is risky big enough because all your money is in cryptocurrency and if that's crypto has a decreasing in price the auto you will experience big loss. eventhough if price up you get bigger profit it's better to have in safe zone with half your money in crypto.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:36:28 AM

I think doing it is risky big enough because all your money is in cryptocurrency and if that's crypto has a decreasing in price the auto you will experience big loss. eventhough if price up you get bigger profit it's better to have in safe zone with half your money in crypto.

I agree with you that investing or putting all your money will become a very risky move because we can't be sure what is the next move of the market so it is best to just invest a few amounts of our money and do the safe method to minimize the risk which is buying regularly so we will not be stuck at a single price and we can buy to the average price as much as possible.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:36:23 AM

for those who all in with buying bitcoin they are certainly happy with the current price because finally it was reach the highest price on the history but unfortunately i wasn't part of them because i personally not dare to go all in and the volatile always be the main cause for me

yes you are right that it will be good for those who have all the money in bitcoin because of the high price of bitcoin, but i think it is much risky to keep all the money in bitcoin as at this time the price is very high and more profitable but if the price of bitcoin decrease to great extend then i think their all money will be gone. So in my opinion we have to keep half money in bitcoin or crypto and half in fiat.

naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:09:35 PM

yes you are right that it will be good for those who have all the money in bitcoin because of the high price of bitcoin, but i think it is much risky to keep all the money in bitcoin as at this time the price is very high and more profitable but if the price of bitcoin decrease to great extend then i think their all money will be gone. So in my opinion we have to keep half money in bitcoin or crypto and half in fiat.

I can not understand any reason that can make the value of bitcoin suddenly increase dramatically in a short time. It made me so surprised. No event of great magnitude can make the value of bitcoin change fast. It makes me feel confused, and meanwhile, why are people still buying bitcoin continuously while its value is too high, I really do not understand.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:58:55 PM

I can not understand any reason that can make the value of bitcoin suddenly increase dramatically in a short time. It made me so surprised. No event of great magnitude can make the value of bitcoin change fast. It makes me feel confused, and meanwhile, why are people still buying bitcoin continuously while its value is too high, I really do not understand.

Bitcoin price changed fast because of the demand. Many investors got interested on it because it is now well known. As for the reason why many people are still buying it even though the price is high is because they are hoping that the increase in value will continue and by that time, they can sell their Bitcoin on a higher price.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:42:12 PM

Japan has embraced Bitcoin and they are promoting it heavily there. Also institutional investors don't want to miss out and are throwing some cash it's way. It only takes an extra $3 Million a day to push it's price higher. Also Russia and India are starting to be less harsh towards bitcoin and may allow it soon.
tincan2

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:52:07 PM

If you are saying the truth, then you have to be really happy with current market situation.
To be honest, I was dreaming about having at least the bigger part of my wealth stacked in cryptocurrencies, but i have only few % of it Sad
It is also not worth for me to obtain more ( convert ) because the bitcoin price is waaay to high for an investment not on long-term.
I'm going to wait a little bit longer to see more attractive price, and probably I will try making my supply even bigger than it was before.

It's really hard to call the top or bottom in Bitcoin in this environment with Japan becoming a heavy buyer now. I dollar cost average by buying a small amount of Bitcoin daily. $5 daily is a good start. Don't think about the price rather how many micro-Bitcoins you can stack. $1500 per Bitcoin is a pretty high and it costs $300 more than an  ounce of GOLD! Don't think it will get much cheaper, but I do suspect a drop to $1000 to $1200, but we don't know for sure. Better to buy a small amount daily to keep your savings in Bitcoin. Of course diversify in a little Gold and Silver, Real Estate/Land and/or small amount in conventional stocks like REIT's, Mining Companies and other industries.

David BTC Silverspoon  Shocked
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:59:11 PM

If you have 1.000$ total and you do have it in bitcoin, there is nothing to be surprised about. But If you have 100.000$ total and have it in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, this is extremely risky.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: