Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:33:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin creator just as lazy as the other alt-coin devs.  (Read 1811 times)
Remember remember the 5th of November (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:49:49 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2013, 03:45:53 PM by Remember remember the 5th of November

Just saying, there are like around 10 commits in the past year and this guy hasn't even pulled the recent Bitcoin changes into Litecoin, as the code is similar. In fact, the Terracoin dev was waay more productive than this guy.

I guess he(coblee) is looking to disappear like Satoshi, so he doesn't plan to update the UI, add more features, optimization, nothing??

And just for reference, have a look see at the only change in the last 2 months https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/commit/3aaa7ba5d05ff7ec35e2cd704e1e1b3da58b70b4

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:54:53 AM

A newer release of Litecoin is actually be prepared. Coblee and other devs are working away but not as fast as we'd like. I mailed Coblee and asked him if he could let the community know his intentions but got no reply.

MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:01:40 AM

Just saying, there are like around 10 commits in the past year and this guy hasn't even pulled the recent Bitcoin changes into Litecoin, as the code is similar. In fact, the Terracoin dev was waay more productive than this guy.

I guess he(coblee) is looking to disappear like Satoshi, so he doesn't plan to update the UI, add more features, optimization, nothing??

And just for reference, have a look see at the only change in the last 2 months https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/commit/3aaa7ba5d05ff7ec35e2cd704e1e1b3da58b70b4

Not to change the subject here but I would like the p2pool changed to payout in larger lumps so not to incur massive transaction fees. That to me would be a more welcomed update. I believe more people would start to use p2pool for litecoin.

Is this p2pool issue impart of what your lamenting about? or should I create a thread about this?
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:03:46 AM

There is actually a massive litecoin update coming up soon. You probably should not rely on git as the universal authority.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:24:36 AM

He will be at the conference, on the alt-coin panel along with myself. Why don't you come by and talk to him yourself?

more or less retired.
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:39:33 AM

I live in Europe, thats why.

mubit

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 11:16:56 AM

there is a plan  to release an updated version in may.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:18:56 AM

Me too.  I'm spending my own money and taking my own time off work to go to the conference. I don't know where Coblee is based, but he's taking time, effort, travel (unless he lives there) to go too.

So maybe it's not the Litecoin creator and "others" who are the lazy ones?

more or less retired.
megablue

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 11:46:52 AM

you do understand the meaning of an open source project right? or do you?

LTC: LQx367oQtbwsc7Ygf9S1B6E1d9LuGk7v11
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:16:36 PM

Me too.  I'm spending my own money and taking my own time off work to go to the conference. I don't know where Coblee is based, but he's taking time, effort, travel (unless he lives there) to go too.

Good for you, you have money and can make time, I do not have money and even more so making time for travel.

you do understand the meaning of an open source project right? or do you?
Yes, I do. Bitcoin is open-source and is actively developed, especially because people believe in it and are investing in it. Litecoin uses the Bitcoin source so it's not like it was written from scratch.

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:32:36 PM

So when person A volunteers their time and effort into a project and doesnt fulfill it to the satisfaction of person B, who has volunteered NOTHING, person A is the lazy one?

You want to move Litecoin forward? Get your coding skills up to a fraction of what Coblee has, and start improving Litecoin-qt YOURSELF. Its open source.

There is an old saying that goes like this:

Lead, Follow, or Get The Fuck Out of The Way.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:03:53 PM

Me too.  I'm spending my own money and taking my own time off work to go to the conference. I don't know where Coblee is based, but he's taking time, effort, travel (unless he lives there) to go too.

Good for you, you have money and can make time, I do not have money and even more so making time for travel.

I'm not boasting, I'm saying that some people are willing to make sacrifices to get things done that they believe in. I'm sure you have solid reasons why you can't go.

What you don't have is any justification for calling the rest of us lazy.

more or less retired.
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:09:09 PM

I'm not boasting, I'm saying that some people are willing to make sacrifices to get things done that they believe in. I'm sure you have solid reasons why you can't go.

Now where did I say that? I name only a single entity.

Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 03:12:35 PM

Can you code?
yes?...then fix it yourself.
No?....Then shut the F-up!

If you understood the litecoin source code you would know how uninformed you are in calling it 'similar' to bitcoin or terracoin.  They may share some foundation code but that's it.  Just because a bus and a car have wheels does not make them 'similar' when they run you over.  You have better odds of surviving one over the other.

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:13:53 PM

Can you code?

If you understood the litecoin source code you would know how uninformed you are in calling it 'similar' to bitcoin or terracoin.  They may share some foundation code but that's it.  Just because a bus and a car have wheels does not make them 'similar' when they run you over.  You have better odds of surviving one over the other.
Ok, let me rephrase and I will stand behind it firmly, Litecoin is JUST a copy of Bitcoin's source code with scrypt added for PoW and changes to the difficulty. Saying it's using the same "foundation" is just pure denial.

Shad3dOne

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 03:14:24 PM

Me too.  I'm spending my own money and taking my own time off work to go to the conference. I don't know where Coblee is based, but he's taking time, effort, travel (unless he lives there) to go too.

In your title...jeeez...too lazy to comprehend what you wrote as well and need us to point it out for you too?

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:16:08 PM

Way to cite a commit that coblee replied to within the last 24 hours.

If you want to discuss litecoin dev, come to #litecoin-dev on freenode.  Coblee, pooler, and the rest of the gang are all there.

http://webchat.freenode.net/

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Shad3dOne

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 03:17:08 PM

Can you code?

Ok, let me rephrase and I will stand behind it firmly, Litecoin is JUST a copy of Bitcoin's source code with scrypt added for PoW and changes to the difficulty. Saying it's using the same "foundation" is just pure denial.

Like saying a bus is a copy of a car....just with more windows and seats and maybe 10 more tons of metal added for PoW???

Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:17:51 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2013, 03:46:09 PM by Remember remember the 5th of November

In your title...jeeez...too lazy to comprehend what you wrote as well and need us to point it out for you too?
Re-read my post again, I have named only one person, a single entity, and the "others" refers to the other altcoin creators if you couldn't comprehend it. It is you who can't read. Pooler is in fact a very good friend of mine, he has put a lot of work into Litecoin.

Changed title for better readability.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: