Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Double Trouble - Double your btc investment  (Read 3108 times)
officialsavage (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:19:08 PM

Hi Newbies,

NothinG has started a successful double trouble game in the marketplace forum.   This is a great way to turn a few bitcoins into more.  I have played three times in this game alone and have gained 7.5 btc.  Try investing 1 btc and watch it turn into 2.  Yes it's a ponzi, but NothinG has added a nice twist to it to bring confidence to the game.

Here is the link to the thread:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18350.0;all

here is the link directly to the game:
http://zombietoday.com/bitdouble

Here is the faq:
http://zombietoday.com/bitdouble/faq.php

Full credit for the game goes to NothinG, I am just promoting his game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:28:17 PM

This is actually the first time anyone has ever promoted something I coded.
I'm feeling good about this game!

Thank you for letting others know. Smiley

arizona85011

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 02:35:16 PM

So:

I see this has been busy, even in the wee-hours of the night.

I like how the beginers can still play the Bit Double, as it's the total amount that doubles, not having to place in 8 bitcoins cuz someone placed 4. So I put in my "two coins" and I will have someone else likely help out as well.

I figure the lottery odds are a joke, but this is pretty interesting.
NothinG

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:40:00 PM

So:

I see this has been busy, even in the wee-hours of the night.

I like how the beginers can still play the Bit Double, as it's the total amount that doubles, not having to place in 8 bitcoins cuz someone placed 4. So I put in my "two coins" and I will have someone else likely help out as well.

I figure the lottery odds are a joke, but this is pretty interesting.
[Edit]: I have no idea what I just read (sorry about that post).
Yeah..I've been away for too long.

arizona85011

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 02:43:25 PM

Everything went through flawlessly.

Thanks for the help though.

Might I suggest, now that there is a newbie thread, could a link to this thread be placed on the bit double website too? Right next to the other forum link, I mean.

Thanks again, these dev's are getting very creative, and overall, fair.
NothinG

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:46:31 PM

Everything went through flawlessly.

Thanks for the help though.

Might I suggest, now that there is a newbie thread, could a link to this thread be placed on the bit double website too? Right next to the other forum link, I mean.

Thanks again, these dev's are getting very creative, and overall, fair.
*cough* Dev. Grin

Yeah, I'll throw a link up on the site.

[Edit]:

=)

arizona85011

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 03:05:40 PM

Thanks!  Wink

I noticed another BitCoin doubler, but it doesn't say whether the coins are ever returned in a loss, instead of your method "give lost money back, but take a punishment %"

So I think there are only two....
NothinG

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:11:21 PM

Thanks!  Wink

I noticed another BitCoin doubler, but it doesn't say whether the coins are ever returned in a loss, instead of your method "give lost money back, but take a punishment %"

So I think there are only two....
The default game was:
If no more players (entries) come in 7 days, the game is over and no one gets any money back (if they didn't get doubled yet).
My game is:
At the end of the round (midnight) it will take what the bank has left and split it between each entry that hasn't gotten paid (which is weighed by how much that entry put in), minus 2% per user as in the FAQ.

NothinG

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:14:40 PM

My buddy on the phone is saying you should submit a "slashdot" article on your game.

Since everyone in that community hates it so much, maybe they would enjoy this, and give BitCoin it's good name back.

So sick of bashers....
I'm actually about to go to sleep, but feel free to submit it via slashdot.

arizona85011

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 04:05:13 PM

Couldn't submit the story to slashdot....perhaps someone else could?

I had a typed desciption, links, everything, but it got deleted, due to a typo....

Anyone else want to take a crack.
de_bert

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:30:38 PM

Could somebody please close down this shameless self-enrichment thread? Thanks.
arizona85011

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 05:09:55 PM

Wow....can some mod delete this guy above-me's unfounded post?

Anyways, someone had mentioned getting rid of ".2" bitcoin deposites and such, saying they are too small. The point of these projects is that ANYONE, regardless of wealth, can get in.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:16:48 PM

Could somebody please close down this shameless self-enrichment thread? Thanks.

Why is this a shameless self-enriched thread? Or, maybe, HOW is it?
de_bert

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:38:03 PM

Because this "Double Trouble", as already mentioned, is a ponzi scheme in its purest nature. Those entering earlier are paid off by those entering late, and those entering late lose everything.
And while most of the posters in here may not have any direct relation to the developer, some of them have admitted to having a stake in this "game".
And a short analysis of the mechanisms shows that most probably anyone entering now will not get any payout before it is reset.

I know, maybe my morals are a little strong here, but those people advertising here have a _direct_ stake in this website and are hoping to find people dumb enough to still enter.
NothinG

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:43:22 PM

Because this "Double Trouble", as already mentioned, is a ponzi scheme in its purest nature. Those entering earlier are paid off by those entering late, and those entering late lose everything.
And while most of the posters in here may not have any direct relation to the developer, some of them have admitted to having a stake in this "game".
And a short analysis of the mechanisms shows that most probably anyone entering now will not get any payout before it is reset.

I know, maybe my morals are a little strong here, but those people advertising here have a _direct_ stake in this website and are hoping to find people dumb enough to still enter.
If you can prove that anyone has a "direct stake" (yum yum) in this game, then I will close my game.
Everyone has the same chance as everyone else.
Rules have been set (read the FAQ), and they will be followed through for each player; no exceptions!

preparation

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:45:16 PM

false information!

users entering and not winning in the round will get most of their bitcoins back. there is an additional 'gameover fee' which will be kept, but more than 80% should be returned.
de_bert

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:56:49 PM

false information!

users entering and not winning in the round will get most of their bitcoins back. there is an additional 'gameover fee' which will be kept, but more than 80% should be returned.

Well yes, it says "Anyone left unpaid will split what's left of the bank over everyone who has been un-paid (this is weighted by how much you entered in to be doubled) - the 2% fee per person [(1% hosting fee) + (1% game restart) = 2% fee] (to their address)!"

At the moment, this would be 0.15084 BTC, divided by some 25 entries -> nothing.

Or how do you think everyone that "wins" gets double his investment, and everybody else gets 80% back?
lemonginger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:13:52 PM

yes you are correct that towards the end of the game those left "holding the bag" lose their bet. It is a classic game of fear and greed. You want to put more money in to get it doubled vs you are scared you will lose it. The game resets every 24 hours at a known time, so everyone knows how far we are out.

(Personally I like the games better when they reset XX hours after the last bet, as that encourages people to keep them going, but this works fine as well)

preparation

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:15:16 PM

false information!

Well yes, it says "Anyone left unpaid will split what's left of the bank over everyone who has been un-paid (this is weighted by how much you entered in to be doubled) - the 2% fee per person [(1% hosting fee) + (1% game restart) = 2% fee] (to their address)!"

At the moment, this would be 0.15084 BTC, divided by some 25 entries -> nothing.

Or how do you think everyone that "wins" gets double his investment, and everybody else gets 80% back?

ooh I'm sorry Sad

This was clearly my fault. must have mixed it with sth. else
fujiwara

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:04:56 PM

sounds interesting, gonna have a look at it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: