Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC vendors  (Read 1395 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:26:13 PM

Over the last few months I have been swamped in Bitcoin related projects (& UNI work), most of my projects have been focused around design solutions and the application of design to push forward new concepts within Bitcoin technologies. After creating the 'BitPhantom' design concept I have been contacted numerous times by hardware companies & developers asking about designs for new ASIC and mining rig devices and services that they have planned (capital/resources in place). In order to approach these companies with a more informed understanding of hardware devices such as ASIC chips I thought I would get some input, this information could lead to new devices perhaps at more competitive rates relative to current products.

At the moment my thoughts are predominantly centered around ASIC vendors as this keeps cropping up in contact, I need to find more information on vendors who can provide the boards in particular. If I can find a reputable selection of manufactures that can supply custom boards/chips then everything else will fit in place. Perhaps some members have direct experience in the relevant industries and would like to impart some wisdom? I should add that ASIC's are in the works regardless, I am just looking for options to help in the development to enhance existing ideas. I am also interested in manufacturers of hardware cases/electronics too.

As a side note, if you cannot really add anything in relation to the above then feel free to share your thoughts on what is needed to expand Cryptocurrency technologies(hardware/services) into the future regardless, that might bring about some new innovative ideas. Also If you feel you have relevant technical expertise and can offer specialized hardware/components then feel free to send me a message and I can liaise with those I am in contact with to see what we can come up with. Sorry if this thread is a little broad however I am trying to kill 10 birds with this 1 thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:42:21 PM

board manufacturers
i PM'ed you a company worth looking into.

expanding crypto.
in the UK if you want bitcoin dont think about putting your fiat into a american gateway to then buy coin. google search "drop shippers" find a product that would sel and start a bitcoin shop. you receive bitcoin and you send your FIAT and the customers delivery address to the dropshipper.

the drop shipper deals with the packaging delivery etc, thus you now have bitcoin and customers have products delivered to them bought with bitcoin.

this is how i see entrepreneurs of the future expanding bitcoin in the UK.

its not all about mining or centralised exchanges

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:28:04 PM

board manufacturers

expanding crypto.
in the UK if you want bitcoin dont think about putting your fiat into a american gateway to then buy coin. google search "drop shippers" find a product that would sel and start a bitcoin shop. you receive bitcoin and you send your FIAT and the customers delivery address to the dropshipper.

the drop shipper deals with the packaging delivery etc, thus you now have bitcoin and customers have products delivered to them bought with bitcoin.

Thanks for the reply, as far as general commerce goes I already have the stock for producing and selling a variety of different items. I have not considered drop shippers though so perhaps they will be a good option for selling initial products while I stock up on my own products.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:07:50 PM

board manufacturers

expanding crypto.

Thanks for the reply, as far as general commerce goes I already have the stock for producing and selling a variety of different items. I have not considered drop shippers though so perhaps they will be a good option for selling initial products while I stock up on my own products.

looking at your website about the phantom.. it looks like you are doing a BFL.

putting a lot of effort into doing nice CAD drawings of chassis and cases before having a prototype board. please please please. get in contact with board manufacturers get some working boards and then design a chassis around that.

after all we dont want a matchbox size chassis turning into a toaster.

i like the images but a empty chassis is not exactly a functioning ASIC

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:25:17 PM

board manufacturers

expanding crypto.

looking at your website about the phantom.. it looks like you are doing a BFL.

putting a lot of effort into doing nice CAD drawings of chassis and cases before having a prototype board. please please please. get in contact with board manufacturers get some working boards and then design a chassis around that.

after all we dont want a matchbox size chassis turning into a toaster.

i like the images but a empty chassis is not exactly a functioning ASIC

The BitPhantom concept was just a non commercial idea, I had no plans of making it into a commercial product hence why it is a large step ahead of the design process that would typically factor into the end result. Once I have specs and dimensions for the components etc I will design a realistic case that efficiently uses space. BitPhantom was just for fun, BitPhantom 2.0 will be for your home. Believe me BFL is good basis for everything that I will avoid lol. Tongue
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:23:53 PM

good to hear.

learn to avoid the mistakes from the worse to become the best

Prefinem

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:42:33 PM

XoreaX and Owen,

I have some EE / prototype background and would love to get together with you guys about a couple of things.  I posted on the G+ group aswell.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:18:54 PM

XoreaX and Owen,

I have some EE / prototype background and would love to get together with you guys about a couple of things.  I posted on the G+ group aswell.

Thanks, I have replies to both G+ messages. It seems as though a good team is coming together and things are starting to fall into place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: