Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback request on our new live ticker web application  (Read 586 times)
andreynech (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:34:04 PM

Hi Folks,

Recently, my friend told me that he decide to trade BTC on mtgox. He quickly realize that sitting in front of live ticker and trying to catch certain conditions (to buy or sell coins) is tedious and rather boring. Since I am a software developer, he ask me whether I can quickly build something which will satisfy the following requirements:
  • Show live ticker
  • Show history data
  • Provide the possibility to enter certain conditions (for example: "average price is larger then $100") and get notifications:
    • as a message on the screen when he is watching the ticker
    • per email if computer is turned off, but certain conditions are met and require some action from him
  • Being able to store these conditions between sessions (not necessary to enter conditions every time he started the application)

I am aware of Clark Moody's work, but as I understand, not all of the topics mentioned above are addressed. Spending not too much time googling does not reveal any suitable applications either. So I decide to build quick prototype on my own. Here is the result. You can also take a look at the screenshot (do not know why, but img tag does not work here for me).

On the screenshot you can see the live chart and values. At the bottom of the screen, there is a form to define conditions. All user defined conditions are checked every time the new data arrives and corresponding actions are taken. On this particular screenshot, there is a red message on top "Sell coins" which is resulted by defined condition "avg > 100".

So what I would like to ask the community here is the feedback about this application. In particular, I am wondering whether you think that it is useful for traders and worth to continue developing it (except of not yet implemented email notifications and history data collection)? I would really appreciate positive as well as negative feedback Wink .

Please note, that it is just a quick prototype and I did not spend any time on visual design or other fine tuning. This is exactly the reason why I would like to hear the feedback - to decide whether it worth to invest the time for further development.

Thank you very much!
Andrey.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andreynech (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:58:45 AM

Just become a Jr. Member and moved the topic from Newbies forum. Hope the post will catch some more attention here  Smiley
zrgf

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:27:13 PM

Requiring users to register before they can get any value from your site will very likely limit your audience dramatically. You might want to consider allowing users to see what your site offers and not push them to register. Right now, all that I have to go on is your screenshot. That's not really enough.

Also, there's a typo: "less then" should be "less than" ;-)
andreynech (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:16:36 PM

Requiring users to register before they can get any value from your site will very likely limit your audience dramatically. You might want to consider allowing users to see what your site offers and not push them to register. Right now, all that I have to go on is your screenshot. That's not really enough.

Thanks zrgf for your feedback! Well, I was also thinking about it. Since the possibility to store custom rules is one of the main "selling points" Smiley , I was not sure whether the version without this functionality would look attractive enough. But probably you are right, so here is a mock-up I've made using JavaScript only. It offers similar functionality but defined rules, obviously, could not be saved and will disappear after refreshing the page. I've also add the link to this mock-up from the registration page.

Also, there's a typo: "less then" should be "less than" ;-)
Good catch! Smiley Thanks! Fixed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: