Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:12:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: easycoin.net problems  (Read 2754 times)
drgonzo (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:11:02 PM

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with easycoin.net's services? I see it's being pushed heavily (advertising in people's signature) but no actual posts on the service itself.
I recently registered and moved some of coins there, and after 3 confirmations the balance shows 0.099BTC. I checked the transaction history and it shows an outgoing transaction which I did not make to a bitcoin address that now holds hundreds of coins.
As I see it, there are 2 options.
1) This is the result of a bug (with the mixing system perhaps)
2) easycoin.net is a scam

I sent several message to their support and have yet to receive any response. This was 2 days ago.

Can anyone confirm they are a legitimate service?
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:40:25 PM

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with easycoin.net's services? I see it's being pushed heavily (advertising in people's signature) but no actual posts on the service itself.
I recently registered and moved some of coins there, and after 3 confirmations the balance shows 0.099BTC. I checked the transaction history and it shows an outgoing transaction which I did not make to a bitcoin address that now holds hundreds of coins.
As I see it, there are 2 options.
1) This is the result of a bug (with the mixing system perhaps)
2) easycoin.net is a scam

I sent several message to their support and have yet to receive any response. This was 2 days ago.

Can anyone confirm they are a legitimate service?

I can not confirm, because I am not using their services. But online wallets work by issuing users some address to deposit and then maintaining the bitcoins of all the users centrally on one or more addresses (like the hundreds-of-coins address). They keep their own records about users, how much they owe to each one.

So the question is: Can you log in to easycoin.net? Does your balance read 0.099 BTC? Can you send/withdraw this to another address?
If all three answers are yes then you are OK. If the first two are yes then you are probably ok.

But of course there is nothing preventing then from closing the service and steal everyones bitcoins. However, this is true for most of other online wallets too.
drgonzo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:00:56 PM

Yes I can log in, and I moved out the remaining 0.099. I made another 2 accounts, one to which I moved 1 btc and succeeded in withdrawing it too. To 3rd I moved a bigger amount again (very silly of me, I know), and as in the first case, as soon as confirmations hit, a large transaction taking all my credit apart from 0.099b again to the same address. This still doesn't rule out the possibility of a bug, but the whole situation reeks. I sent messages to support from all accounts, no answers at all.
Still hopeful that I will get my coins back, but I guess the probability is not too high. Sad
ZephramC

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:21:53 PM

Yes I can log in, and I moved out the remaining 0.099. I made another 2 accounts, one to which I moved 1 btc and succeeded in withdrawing it too. To 3rd I moved a bigger amount again (very silly of me, I know), and as in the first case, as soon as confirmations hit, a large transaction taking all my credit apart from 0.099b again to the same address. This still doesn't rule out the possibility of a bug, but the whole situation reeks. I sent messages to support from all accounts, no answers at all.
Still hopeful that I will get my coins back, but I guess the probability is not too high. Sad

I might missed the important point. By: "I recently registered and moved some of coins there, and after 3 confirmations the balance shows 0.099BTC." you mean that you moved more than 0.099 BTC in the first place?
drgonzo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:31:47 PM

I might missed the important point. By: "I recently registered and moved some of coins there, and after 3 confirmations the balance shows 0.099BTC." you mean that you moved more than 0.099 BTC in the first place?

Yes I deposited over 10 BTC.
ZephramC

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:51:17 PM

Well that is bad Embarrassed.
Here might be the reason for so much advertising (it is payed): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=162636.0;all

Perhaps you should wait another day (or two) after the weekend. Then send private message to Largo at this forum (as he seems to be connected to easycoin.net). I do not think he would want negative publicity if the problems persist. 10 BTC is quite a lot money.
Artificial

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:01:58 AM

Did this get resolved at all ??
Had the same problem Sad
drgonzo (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:24:02 PM

Had the same problem Sad

Finally got an answer from their support (3 days after I messaged them frantically). They claim someone else must have had my password and PIN number, and said the transaction was done from a certain IP address. I checked the IP and it's a TOR exit node.
I replied that it's impossible my password has been compromised, as I used a very long and random password, have a lot of technical experience and take great good care of my computer so I'm sure it's not infected with any info-stealing/keylogging malware. I also raised the possibility their side has been compromised. Only 2 days later I got a message back saying they will look into it, and that I'm the only person who reported something like this.

Have you tried contacting their support already?
Artificial

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:53:01 AM

Had the same problem Sad

Finally got an answer from their support (3 days after I messaged them frantically). They claim someone else must have had my password and PIN number, and said the transaction was done from a certain IP address. I checked the IP and it's a TOR exit node.
I replied that it's impossible my password has been compromised, as I used a very long and random password, have a lot of technical experience and take great good care of my computer so I'm sure it's not infected with any info-stealing/keylogging malware. I also raised the possibility their side has been compromised. Only 2 days later I got a message back saying they will look into it, and that I'm the only person who reported something like this.

Have you tried contacting their support already?

This is pretty crap then.
I messaged them a day ago, still no answer back, I mean the only thing I could think of was that it was the mixing system working but now that you've said that :/ I'm thinking it was a scam. But still hoping for the coins to be returned.. but doubtful now.
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:48:02 PM

i had the same thing happen to me on onionwallet.  deposited 0.5 BTC to my account's wallet for mixing, but instead it was immediately transferred to this 3hjH wallet and my account still reads 0 btc after 12 hours.  I have sent messages to support.

my onionwallet: https://blockchain.info/address/1JBLBZD2b7gt8mvTMjWV7fBsdyu8QD6QTj

the address that took the funds from my onionwallet address: https://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH

i found this because the same address comes up in an easycoin scam thread when I search: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194997.0

JayKEy00

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:04:27 PM

I have never used, but I heard that they have no professional service.
mann0687

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

I just got scammed by them too, exact same situation what you are describing. Funds transferred to a random wallet without your permission. I lost close to 1.2 btc. Damn i wish i read this post before. Screw you easycoin.
watcher

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:33:54 PM

lol. look at this:

https://easycoin.net/users/YOUR_USERNAME_HERE/

as example:

https://easycoin.net/users/administrator/

pretty bad job... even for scammer..

edit:

same thing here: https://bitcoinwallet.in/