Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:19:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin eventually kill Altcoin?  (Read 5457 times)
Hafas Rama

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:08:52 PM

It is difficult to predict the price of coins in the crypto world.
Either bitcoin or altcoin is just as difficult to guess.
I think their price competition is very interesting.
But for now both are very useful in the world of cripto although bitcoin is still the most expensive coin.
And altcoin can still survive to compete with bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 05:28:27 PM

Altcoins actually help Bitcoin and VICE VERSA. Think about it, so many speculators enter the crypto currency markets and they first purchase Bitcoin to buy other altcoins. I think both work in synergy with each other. Good altcoins and blockchain platforms and tokens will evolve and this competition to grow Blockchain technology is healty for Bitcoin in the long run also. I do not think Bitcoin will kill other altcoins, only bad and useless altcoins will commit suicide and die because they will be useless by themselves.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
speaktome

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:47:18 PM

Altcoins actually help Bitcoin and VICE VERSA. Think about it, so many speculators enter the crypto currency markets and they first purchase Bitcoin to buy other altcoins. I think both work in synergy with each other. Good altcoins and blockchain platforms and tokens will evolve and this competition to grow Blockchain technology is healty for Bitcoin in the long run also. I do not think Bitcoin will kill other altcoins, only bad and useless altcoins will commit suicide and die because they will be useless by themselves.
I'm agree with your opinion in some measure,is as if for example each altcoin aimed at attracting a very particular niche of users that in some other way they would not be very interested in cryptocurrencies  or it would take them longer to know and that way comes what you mention in your comment and can be rephrased as follows at some point they must do the conversion between BTC and altcoin forming a kind of synergy with each other,maybe the biggest challenge for users is to detect which ones have a future and which ones do not.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
que91

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:56:43 PM

In my own opinion,not really,because their are still many uses altcoins,Cause altcoins are small amount of bitcoins it is still used.For many people using altcoins ther are using it to sell it in to higher value and to become bitcoins.Thats why altcoins are not easily disappear in cryptocurrencies.
Example: Monero have a huge community Underground and Business using, although the price of Bitcoin increasing or decreasing, it just slowly growth or falldown in short time, but stable and safe, not as other altcoin on market
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:04:14 PM

BTC are actually benefiting them (most of them)

Only the strongest survives! Lots of alts with similar features, we would see dominance by certain cryptocurrencies, some would just dies off

makulo123

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:19:25 PM

Well, I don't think so... There is so much to implement in other altcoins and eventually cryptos such as Ethereum will take over Bitcoin... Bitcoin doesn't have much to offer than Ethereum

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
jzone23

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:24:46 PM

If you are observing altcoin price on exchangers where btc is used as main currency you will really find it easy to conclude that way because altcoin price are all over btc price but if you will observe bitcoin and other altcoin price against usd or other cold cash currency you can observe that its not neccessary that alts would go low once btc pumps up. Another reason why it looks like alts become lesser in value is because btc volume grows faster than them btc price increase rapidly while others are pumping slower.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:53:52 PM

I don't think this might happen. coz i see altcoin as an element which preserves balance to the crypto world. just how you observe in the real world. the bitcoin act as the usd for the universal currency and the
altcoin are those other currencies. it maybe simple but i guess it's a concrete explanation to sum things up.
Me too i dont think or i dont see that it might happen as i can see bitcoin would never kill altcoin i agree for what you observe and thats how i observe too that altcoin short term for alternative coin is for those other currencies. While bitcoin is universalist.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:55:38 PM

Well, I don't think so... There is so much to implement in other altcoins and eventually cryptos such as Ethereum will take over Bitcoin... Bitcoin doesn't have much to offer than Ethereum

That was a fun post,Ethereum taking over bitcoin , Cheesy do you really think that Ethereum is a real coin or a token creating platform,never in a million years we would see that happening because Ethereum is having its problems and look at the scaling issue it has right now with all the tokens coming out,if they do not do something about it,it will fade out eventually with the rest of the tokens created with it. Tongue
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:05:30 PM

The new ones will replace them

ghostunicorn

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:08:13 PM

This is more true, the reverse can happen. Promising altcoins can damage bitcoin's throne and they all can kill bitcoin eventually, maybe in decades.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:14:20 PM

I think the revised is the case from the historical data from most of the popular exchangers platform when ever bitcoin go up most of the popular altcoins also go up and when it go than there also go down. For example last week that bitcoin fell below $1800 Ethereum fell to $160 and litecoin $37 and now that bitcoin is up you can see that there are all up again. Bitcoin is serving as central bank to all the altcoins! Bitcoin is there boss and a good boss that carries it subordinates along.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:03:15 PM

Bitcoin and alt coins has good collaboration and it has a domino effect when it comes to the market of both chains. We know that if bitcoin is increasing there is something happening with the market of alt coins and the same thing with alt coins in other situations. Alt coins are become stronger today and it won't be killed easily anyway by bitcoin. But people will always prefer to bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MCMXCVI

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:11:19 PM

Every time bitcoin price goes up,Altcoin price take a dip.No doubt bitcoin rule the crypto world and sooner or later it will become mainstream.
Once it happens, btc will be worth million dollar.Will then all Altcoin be died?Seems Altcoin price are inversely proportional to btc price, if btc keep rising, will Altcoin keep falling? .

I think that Decentralized crypto cant be killed.Logically, when BTC  price go up, altcoin price will rise. There is one moment : If bitcoin price goes down , altcoin price will go down olso, because everyone will change altcoints to bitcoin.I believe nobody will buy Altcoins and prefer btc instead.Even big holders of bitcoin will give up eventually and sell their coins for bitcoin.This will render Altcoins useless and mean death for them.altcoin will help people to buy bitcoin by simply buying altcoin first at the cheap price amount then once the value increase at x10 or more it can be sold as more than the capital they invest.If the value of bitcoin triples, it wont automatically triples the altcoin. More so, a lot of this coins are dumping, which most people will like to hold their coin until it stabilize a little.

xsim27x

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:14:02 PM

I believe in the future no only one but between 4-5 coins exist. Every coin has its own niche.

But most altcoins will fail longterm.
espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:46:21 PM

I believe in the future no only one but between 4-5 coins exist. Every coin has its own niche.

But most altcoins will fail longterm.

I agree on your first statement with regards to actual blockchains and pure coins. I think tokens with their own apps that link to the real world can be plentiful and very diverse in their utility. This is where every niche products will come in to play and I can easily see there being dozens of successful apps linked to tokens that operate on the blockchain.
Raven91

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:34:17 PM

Every time bitcoin price goes up,Altcoin price take a dip.No doubt bitcoin rule the crypto world and sooner or later it will become mainstream.
Once it happens, btc will be worth million dollar.Will then all Altcoin be died?Seems Altcoin price are inversely proportional to btc price, if btc keep rising, will Altcoin keep falling? .
When im looking on them and watching the cryptocurrency i guess they are not killing each other dumping and pumping in the market and circulation of supply and demand of someone i guess they are just regulating in the market and i guess it is looking fine for the investors.
Slimcoin Community

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

First Proof of Burn currency / Community account

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:43:56 PM

The big challenge for altcoins will be when pegged sidechains will arrive. They could integrate smart contracts (Rootstock etc.), privacy, and other nice functions - almost everything where altcoins today excel and Bitcoin does not. Then I expect many altcoins to fall into irrelevancy.

But what Bitcoin's sidechain won't be able to copy are better and more efficient consensus methods like Proof of Stake and Proof of Burn. Because sidechains can be merged-mined but there would still be a lot of energy waste and therefore, also the transaction fees would be substantial. So coins like Peercoin, Slimcoin, or Burst whose "selling point" is their efficiency and are able to offer minimal fees should not be in danger.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 02:58:33 AM

When bitcoin prices rise the altcoin prices don't always go down, and actually bitcoin users also need altcoin for trading, traders will not let altcoin die and new altcoins will be born every time. When the pump there will be a dump when the bitcoin decline and make altcoin demand rise.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:32:14 AM

This is not true, the opposite happens historically - when BTC goes up ALTS follow.

were you living under a rock this past December?  They eventually do, but there is always a lag, btc price rise has always hurt alt prices in the short term.
When bitcoin price rises,immediately it has a negative impact on altcoins prices but temporarily.Then slowly,altcoins start to recover from price fall.We could not say that altcoins survival is entirely dependent on bitcoin.Altcoins do have some features not provided by bitcoin,So altcoins would still exist even if bitcoin price goes to million dollar.
I disagree with the part of altcoins not being dependent on bitcoin, altcoins depend a lot on bitcoin, if bitcoin were to disappear I  predict that more than 80% of the altcoins will disappear too, only the altcoins that have some market and are not pure speculation will survive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: