Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Release fails to build.  (Read 3496 times)
farmer_boy (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 05:05:03 PM

I downloaded both the release as the svn version, but they both have the same problem:

I installed wx-2.9 and I verified that I can build and run the demos that come with wx. I have also not been able to find a setup.h file anywhere, so why it refers to that is a mystery to me.

Platform: Ubuntu 10.10 x86-64

make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/util.o util.cpp
In file included from /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/defs.h:26,
                 from /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/wx.h:15,
                 from headers.h:30,
                 from util.cpp:5:
/usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/platform.h:174: fatal error: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/util.o] Error 1

Can you fix the release?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 11:48:32 AM

On Fedora Linux I get that error if I build wxWidgets 2.9.1, but the error goes away if I build wxWidgets 2.9.0 which is available here:
http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/pub/2.9.0/

I don't know whether that will solve the problem on Ubuntu also.
farmer_boy (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 03:14:08 AM

On Fedora Linux I get that error if I build wxWidgets 2.9.1, but the error goes away if I build wxWidgets 2.9.0 which is available here:
http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/pub/2.9.0/

I don't know whether that will solve the problem on Ubuntu also.
I got my 2.9.0 now from wxwidgets.org, removed the old installation in the correct way, but I still get the same error. From my point of view it is simply not correct C++ code in combination with the makefile.unix for Ubuntu, and I don't think Ubuntu is doing anything non-standard, that is outside of the Linux Standard Base.
zipslack

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 04:25:06 AM

You may have to edit makefile.unix to fix the include paths for wx. They are hard-coded and probably wrong for your system.
farmer_boy (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 04:29:08 PM

You may have to edit makefile.unix to fix the include paths for wx. They are hard-coded and probably wrong for your system.
That should have given a different error message. The problem is that there is no such thing as setup.h below /usr/local/include/wx-*.
wumpus
qt

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 04:31:22 PM

setup.h is in another location, in my case I installed wx in /opt/wx, and they were here:
INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"/opt/wx/include/wx-2.9" \
 -I"/opt/wx/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-2.9"
For you it is probably:
INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" \
 -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-2.9"

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 04:38:34 PM

The problem is that there is no such thing as setup.h below /usr/local/include/wx-*.

For what it's worth, on Fedora the makefile puts setup.h in /usr/local/lib, not in /usr/local/include:

Code:
/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9/wx/setup.h
/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-static-2.9/wx/setup.h
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: