Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 Now Comes With Ubuntu  (Read 748 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 04:10:05 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 04:30:38 PM by notbatman

OK so I'm looking at my Linux box while sitting at my Windows box and thinking "fuck this DOS shell really sucks ass". So I launch my MSYS bash shell but this sucks too so I ask Google, "hey I want to upgrade my DOS box to bash". And Google is like "hey just enable developer mode and type bash in a command window with the legacy console disabled  and Windows will download Ubuntu from Microsoft and install it".

me: "WTF".

Windows: "This will install Ubuntu on Windows, distributed by Canonical and licensed under its terms available here: https://aka.ms/uowterms".

Cheesy

Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:23:41 PM

This isn't exactly new, they've had this feature in Windows for a while. But hey, you're one of todays lucky 10,000!.
I haven't really used it a lot, normally I just dual-boot to my Ubuntu OS if I need it.

who cares
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:35:39 PM

This isn't exactly new, they've had this feature in Windows for a while. But hey, you're one of todays lucky 10,000!.
I haven't really used it a lot, normally I just dual-boot to my Ubuntu OS if I need it.

It's the fact Microsoft included it as part of Windows that's got me dumbfounded.
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:09:54 AM

It's the fact Microsoft included it as part of Windows that's got me dumbfounded.
I believe it is a strategy. Windows is dying, opensource is taking over... Microsoft is just trying to keep them alive (their Internet Explorer browser has gone already, and Edge probably won't fix that).

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:21:29 PM

OK so I'm looking at my Linux box while sitting at my Windows box and thinking "fuck this DOS shell really sucks ass". So I launch my MSYS bash shell but this sucks too so I ask Google, "hey I want to upgrade my DOS box to bash". And Google is like "hey just enable developer mode and type bash in a command window with the legacy console disabled  and Windows will download Ubuntu from Microsoft and install it".

me: "WTF".

Windows: "This will install Ubuntu on Windows, distributed by Canonical and licensed under its terms available here: https://aka.ms/uowterms".

Cheesy

Wow, that's wonderful! I'll personally try this on my own box to see if it really works Grin thanks anyway!
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:05:15 PM

I tried bash on Windows before. It's included in their Anniversary update. Pretty awesome, since Windows and Ubuntu seems like they have this wall in between them. Just turn on dev mode and download bash.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:51:04 PM

lol that's like getting your apple pie with a rotten apple within the pie.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

gollygosh

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:11:55 AM

Get rid of windows and then you will have a good OS

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:21:03 PM

my PC is been using the Ubuntu, if i install windows again, wouldn't it becomes a double identical OSes? lol Tongue

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
salemon

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:08:16 AM

my PC is been using the Ubuntu, if i install windows again, wouldn't it becomes a double identical OSes? lol Tongue
It's time to throw out all the computers to the dump, quantum technology will soon be coming. You can imagine what opportunities appear for a simple user.
BitCloak

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 03:34:22 PM

Thats a very misleading title but still funny  Tongue

BitCloak Mixer - BTC & BCH Mixer - Api , Pgp proof, Fast, Trusted, The most advanced mixer, since 2016  - https://bitcloak43blmhmn.com
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:08:08 AM

I have a pure Windows 10 machine. I also have a pure Ubuntu machine. Whenever I switched my Internet hookup between machines, my ISP turned the connection on, then turned it off, then turned it back on again... like they are set up differently for Windows and Linux.

Then I activated Wine on my Ubuntu machine. Now the ISP doesn't seem to know what to do with Ubuntu. Sometimes it works fine from the getgo. Other times it turns off and on a couple of times before it becomes stable.

I have switched the Ubuntu setting to activate the connection on Ubuntu startup, and manually disconnect or reconnect (via the plug) when I want. This seems to work best, but it still isn't perfect.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:16:20 AM

Thats a very misleading title but still funny  Tongue

It's not misleading, Microsoft actually integrated Ubuntu. It has to be download from the Windows Store but the option is part of the Win 10 OS.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:46:22 AM

Get rid of windows and then you will have a good OS

Correction:

Get rid of windows 10 and install Windows 7 then you will have a good OS.

Also with my collection of customization's I'd say my "7" is better than any and all Linux distrib's i ever used.
I am the operator and it's my system and i hacked the hell out of it to work how i want it to.
I dictate how it will function because it's mine.
Windows will do as i say because i am in charge.
I use operating systems so they can serve me and my purposes.
..not the other way around.

I have seen fervent maniacal lunatics abandon Windows 10.. eventually.
They just need to drop the contrarian, argumentative, cheerleader angst bullshit
..and smarten the fuck up.

Weird topic here though.
MS is lost hurling shit at the wall hoping something sticks.
Fuck 'em .. i hope they go bankrupt and close.

EDIT:

WOW it just occurred to me that your name is "notbatman"
All this time i thought it was like "NObatman"
Like you had some personal grudge against the caped crusader  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: