Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:55:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fincen registration of bitcoin businesses  (Read 556 times)
dareminator (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:13:15 PM

I was looking up Fincen registrations of bitcoin businesses.

Some (like coinbase, bitinstant) are registered. But I could not find a registration for MtGox (including under their corporate name of Tibanne) or BTC-E. Could it be that they are registered under different names? Or is it possible for a bitcoin business not located in the US to still transact with US residents without registration.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:17:21 AM

Both are outside the U.S. and not subject to Fincen regulation. Mt. Gox is having a different company deal with their U.S. customers for transfers into/out of the U.S. and they will handle Fincen.

I doubt BTC-e will ever register. There is not even stated actual physical address for that business or the domain registration. The registration contains what appear to be fake phone numbers.
zerodrama

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:42:09 AM

it's time we did this on our own without their help.

self organize before they force us to do business in methods from half a century ago.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
spoorancher

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:49:59 AM

Or is it possible for a bitcoin business not located in the US to still transact with US residents without registration.

Heh. I think that's kind of the point.
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:57:19 AM

Both are outside the U.S. and not subject to Fincen regulation. Mt. Gox is having a different company deal with their U.S. customers for transfers into/out of the U.S. and they will handle Fincen.

I doubt BTC-e will ever register. There is not even stated actual physical address for that business or the domain registration. The registration contains what appear to be fake phone numbers.

That's interesting to know. Wonder if any CNN anchors would care to interview the kind folks at btc-e?

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: