Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASX Project  (Read 8208 times)
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:00:21 AM

All signs point to probable scam, their image fake has earned them red status on the vendor database. Fishy

what i don't get is why people still might think kncminer is legit

KNCMiner is active on the board and have taken funds from no one so far. The proof is in the pudding but their guys seem legit to do it.

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:12:17 AM

Well they are now down to 7 units as of 8pm 5/19/2013

Unlike KNCminer  the ASXProject admins still do not have SSL verification cert on their site however they claim to be working towards it.

Last I checked they are no longer processing payments with Bitpay.

I along with others truly hope that these claims are real.

However caution is needed here.
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:13:44 AM

Unlike KNCminer  the ASXProject admins still do not have SSL verification cert on their site however they claim to be working towards it.

This means nothing without direct proof that their devices actually exist and work. It would take me about 20 minutes to set up a cart with a "product" with an inventory counter.

Dont send your money until there is proof

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:06:05 AM

This means nothing without direct proof that their devices actually exist and work. It would take me about 20 minutes to set up a cart with a "product" with an inventory counter.

Dont send your money until there is proof

What you say is true however how does one get proof? In the end it all comes down to trust.

At this stage I personally consider it a step of good faith for them to validate their identity at least to a 3rd party like Bitpay.

Then in good faith they can deal with the vendor directly in a private way and be a liaison for the customer. If they validate their location and control of the project domain and other things then this would instill confidence with those involved are making a real effort to gain trust of their potential customers.

Who knows maybe the gentlemen behind the “ASXproject” directly may be 100% sincere, however the people who they are getting to build the unit is not upfront with them about the difficulty associated with such projects.

Consider the similarities to Avalon's first batch order of 300, they claim that they are past the prototype stage and now need funding for the actual product.

They claim to have taken steps to help expedite the project with the goal of getting a working device out to a 3rd party; they reduced their initial batch down to 100 Modules from the 100-250 units.

I can understand the need for anonymity associated with these projects.

However there is also another option available. A potential project could start of by having someone like “ckolivas” connect remotely to a laptop with nothing but ubuntu installed along with their software drivers and have the unit plugged into the laptop usb port.

Then give them root access on the laptop to get the thing running with the projects instructions. Also grant them power on off control of the device via a web power control switch.

Then have “ckolivas” update the community on the results.

When you consider what was said at this weekend’s conference by the team behind the Avalon ASIC, They have to deal with staff security and the need to exercise a measure of privacy for safety sake.

To meet these two objectives should be a priority for any company expecting customers to “finance” their projects.

Factor in the lack of community involvement, identity validation by 3rd party, only adds to skepticism regarding any claims they have of delivering a finished working product to the preorder clients in the end.
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:24:12 PM

Not to revive a long dead thread... but...

I was dumb enough to send them BTCs when they first started taking pre-orders.
I asked for a refund, but was ignored.
They recently sent out a newsletter promising to send out prototype units to "selected" individuals.

link to newsletter: http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d662ef68c80d58fb9c19f87ff&id=08a887abdd

My Account page currently shows me on that "selected" list.  I'm curious if anyone else who has an ordered there is also on that list.  My guess is everyone but wanted some confirmations.  Please feel free to PM me to avoid embarrassment Wink

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:25:18 PM

Not to revive a long dead thread... but...

I was dumb enough to send them BTCs when they first started taking pre-orders.
I asked for a refund, but was ignored.
They recently sent out a newsletter promising to send out prototype units to "selected" individuals.

link to newsletter: http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d662ef68c80d58fb9c19f87ff&id=08a887abdd

My Account page currently shows me on that "selected" list.  I'm curious if anyone else who has an ordered there is also on that list.  My guess is everyone but wanted some confirmations.  Please feel free to PM me to avoid embarrassment Wink

Please keep us updated.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:52:15 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 04:05:21 AM by dwdoc

Latest email below. Who here got prototypes?

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d662ef68c80d58fb9c19f87ff&id=cb8b77922d&e=831dce13c8
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:09:20 AM

All I care about is that the miner is "superfast".  Roll Eyes
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:53:11 AM

All I care about is that the miner is "superfast".  Roll Eyes

They never reply your emails what kind of support do they have? and payment is only bitcoin? how legitimate are they?
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:31:53 AM

FWIW...

I know of 3 people that have placed pre-orders.  Two of them were on the prototype list.  Obviously none of us have received anything yet else we'd be posting something much different.  On our order page it says

"Your system will be shipped on tuesday June 24th."

(And yes i realize that June 24th wasn't a tuesday)

That's the info i know of so far.  Still doubtful its legit, but at this point, either something shows up at my doorstep, or they are done with the scam cause there's no more lies to tell since they have committed to having something shipped.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
MJGrae

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Sold.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:34:26 AM

i am the head of asx. feel free to send your payment to the address in my signature.

No! I am the head of asx, you scammer! Pay me!

I am Spartacus! Oh, wait...
dben428

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:19:17 AM

FWIW...

I know of 3 people that have placed pre-orders.  Two of them were on the prototype list.  Obviously none of us have received anything yet else we'd be posting something much different.  On our order page it says

"Your system will be shipped on tuesday June 24th."

(And yes i realize that June 24th wasn't a tuesday)

That's the info i know of so far.  Still doubtful its legit, but at this point, either something shows up at my doorstep, or they are done with the scam cause there's no more lies to tell since they have committed to having something shipped.

June 24, 2014 is a Tuesday...
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:22:26 AM

Obviously it makes total sense to ship out prototypes without taking pictures.. Ha ha ha.. What idiots.
burlow

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:37:28 PM

do you still think KnC isn't legit?
cycloid

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:14:48 AM