Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:12:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tried modding extralaunch parametters still overheat shutting down  (Read 205 times)
LuxBellum (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:53:26 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 09:08:21 PM by LuxBellum

1; i know it is a waste of time but i want to learn for further ocasions
2; 3 days ago i started mining with CPU/GPU (i know its futile save any comment about it im just testing for learning) so DONT go out of topic like Haggs did please
3; ive search on internet about whats the problem (nicehash miner) and ive been linked to a guide sugesting "lowering the intensity" but it doesnt explain at all how to "lower the intensity"
4; in miner settings  there is no "intensity" value, only "minimum idle, minimum restart, minimum fixed, minimum amd, minimum dynamic, api bind port, miner api query interval,ethminer block height, profitability treshold, dag load mode", "benchmark time limits" which one of those is intensity value?
5.- I went to miner folder, configs folder, opened all "json" files with notepad, lowered all "xintensity" and "intensity" values and still overheated and shut down.

can anyone tell me how to super lower the miner intensity please?

This post wasnt about altcoins and it was moved from Mining Support to altcoins NO i am asking about BTC not altcoins
Golku

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:06:10 PM

Lowering the intensity wont help so much. You can try to undervolt and also underclocking it, undervolting will lower the temperature if its still not in the safe zone you can also try to underclock it.

Or you can buy a couple of fans to get a better airflow if you use a atx case.
LuxBellum (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:07:54 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1898497.msg18843348#msg18843348

This post wasnt about altcoins and it was moved to altcoins NO i am asking about BTC not altcoins

Thank you Golku i will search a guide to underclocking and undervolting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: