Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:40:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rent space on a mining server. Mining United, Make extra bitcoins.  (Read 9495 times)
yuiotrete

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:02:19 AM

didn't think that would be a problem. They have paid me out everytime I've sent bitcoins. I'm not sure what kind of proof I could give on it.
Wed
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:03:30 AM

Sounds legit to me im in

the only ones which are saying its legit are all new here

sounds like a big huge scam
blueblade123 (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:40:51 AM

I don't think it's a scam. Their business model is different then most others. The idea behind it is solid, and makes sense if you look far enough into it. But you have to take into consideration EVERYTHING they are doing for money, not just the "loan me X and I'll give you Y" part. They are making money. No doubt about it.

They are new, and their website is pretty... basic. (At least it's not a 1990's design with a ton of gif's and moving background... Be thankful you're young.)

I think you should try it. Or not. It's all up to your personal "Acceptable Loss" threshold. I personally consider it like playing dice. I put in 0.25 BTC's, and win everytime. It's possible that they could close shop and I'll loose the next round. But as long as I don't have hundreds of BTC's in at one time, I still think I'll be ahead IF it does happen.

There are many others who claim they have received payouts. I personally have received many of them. I've also provided proof of them. The people who claim they have never received anything, have been unable to provide a single shred of evidence showing they even tried the service. No Blockchain info, nothing.
MiningUnited

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:59:08 AM

If you notice, no one on these forums (or anywhere) has came on here saying "I didn't get a payout!!!" - because everyone has.

One of our premier users, "Jimmy", just donated (in a very unique way) a lot of BitCoins which we are going to just be giving away back to our users. Anyone who recently purchased a mining service you can expect some extra BitCoins with your payout!
blueblade123 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:50:59 AM

Anyone who recently purchased a mining service you can expect some extra BitCoins with your payout!

Can I have one of those x34's I saw you giving out recently? I wouldn't mind getting an extra 34 times my 0.25 payout I'm due in a few days... 
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:09:02 AM

Can I have one of those x34's I saw you giving out recently? I wouldn't mind getting an extra 34 times my 0.25 payout I'm due in a few days...

Hey Blue get this:

One of our users (19Wfxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wanted us to 'gamble' his payouts on Satoshi Dice for him and keep the winnings. Odd request, but we did it. Checked with our legal team, and they said there was no problems granting this wish. Please note that only this specific user wanted his payouts gambled as a donation, and no other payouts or purchases are touched. If we wanted to 'hide' this we could have easily done so.

http://www.MiningUnited.com/donation.png

We won 160.17 BitCoin with his payouts he wanted us to send to Satoshi Dice to gamble as a donation. Guess what? We are going to be giving all that back to our users in bonuses.

What's your address, heck ill just toss you 0.25 right now.

Thanks!
blueblade123 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:04:58 AM

Lol! That's Awesome! PM sent.

That must have been a hell of a roll. Never played the Dice game. Might have to start. Actually, just started the SealswithClubs poker room. So far so good. Very unfinished, but looks like a good work in progress.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:14:24 AM

http://blockexplorer.com/t/AHD3k9itvq

Sent you 0.25, confirmed.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:22:53 AM

This recent burst of MiningUnited advertisements is suspicious.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:29:31 AM

Cheesy
BitCoinNewGuy

Activity: 84

'That Guy'

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:36:12 AM

A business that is doing well is suspicious hmmmm

I wonder, is anything legit in the BitCoin world? Seriously. Every single website you can look up and some people will say its a scam.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:40:21 AM

Making money for doing nothing is always suspicious.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
bigfish321

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:06:38 AM

1hhntJXUSWrLxDb2zfeFoqucBEGyqcW6E    Grin
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 05:11:38 AM

Looks interesting. However, I'll be honest with you if a system could pay you back 10% or more with just signing up after a few days of work everybody would do it. I believe that is a scam regardless of how much proof you give, unless you want to lend me .05btc to try it out:). In that case pm me and I'll try it out and report if it was a scam or not more me.
blueblade123 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:33:22 AM

In that case pm me and I'll try it out and report if it was a scam or not more me.

Because everyone is going to believe YOU over the 30+ others who have claimed that it wasn't a scam. Bottom line is different people have different risk levels they are comfortable with. Some people throw money around with no regard, some people won't part with any unless it's going to Amazon.com and they have the CEO's personal SSN, DOB, Cell Phone number, and nudie pic's for blackmail.

If you're comfortable with the possibility of loosing 0.05 BTC's, try it and see if it works for you. If 0.05 BTC's is going to break the bank for you, then keep mining yourself.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:18:06 AM

Proof that this is a scam.  First off, there is no mention anywhere on the site of mining capabilities of there servers other than the fact that they have "several" 12*7970 servers.  We’ll say for arguments sake that they can somehow pull out 750MH/s per card which yields about 10GH/s (yeah I’m really giving them some leeway here).  “Several” mining rigs corresponds to 2-3 usually but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt here and say 5.  This yields a total mining capability of 50 GH/s.  This can mine 2.5 BTC per 24 hour window.  However, it must be noted that the power costs are through the roof for 60 7970 which costs about.  Each of the cards pull 250-300W which gives power usages per day of 18KWh which reduces margins to about 2BTC per day (again giving them some leeway on electric cost).  Then I went through and calculated the payouts of a single day 5/9 investment 5/10 payout, and they equaled 7.8 BTC.  Anyone is free to do this obviously it is listed on their website unless it changes.  Additionally, there are payouts unable to be added together that were “bonuses” because they lack a date in the data.  Even if they have 15 rigs going, they still wouldn’t be breaking even.  Granted they do have the income from people investing, this is just used to give profits to the people investing, eventually the scheme will fail and everyone will lose their investments.  For people who have difficulty spotting scams, this is most definitely one. 

P.S. When websites are sketchy and there is a low population using the server, no one is going to use their real first name on the account.  Keith, Kate, and Tom are all made up names and the quotes to go with them (on the home page of the site).
centenary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:20:13 AM

Even if people get returns back, that doesn't prove that it's not a scam.  Ponzi schemes will also give you returns...until you're the last person in and all the money has dried up.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:06:46 AM

How does this fit into your 'Ponzi Scheme' claim:

We are not taking new purchases until we payout current users!

MiningUnited.com is not a Ponzi Scheme. Mining United does not need new purchases to payout prior ones.
centenary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:06:37 PM

How does this fit into your 'Ponzi Scheme' claim:

We are not taking new purchases until we payout current users!

MiningUnited.com is not a Ponzi Scheme. Mining United does not need new purchases to payout prior ones.

Where did I say it was a Ponzi scheme?  I simply mentioned Ponzi scheme as an example of a scam that gives returns for awhile, there are other types of scams that will do the same.

And stopping new purchases doesn't prove anything in terms of whether or not it's a Ponzi scheme.  For all we know, you're stopping new purchases because you've reached the point where you can no longer support a Ponzi scheme.  Again, not necessarily stating that this is a Ponzi scheme, just pointing out that you haven't said anything that would be inconsistent with one.
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:43:33 PM

MiningUnited is a SCAM!

READ THIS THREAD: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204182.0

As the topic is bumped up again and again and the first pages are very positive:
There is a high  probability of it being scam!

Reasons to believe this:
- a very high amount of new accounts praising the service
- the domain is registered anonymously
- the waiting time is getting longer (-> hint to a long con)
- the interest rate is insanely high (>30% a week?)
- There are a lot of SatoshiDice transactions from MiningUnited adresses
- The excuse for this was kinda shady (some people want to donate in a "funny way")
- we've gotten no proof that they are really running a mining service yet

Well it's been over a week. I've been withholding making this public since I know once I do I will get a payment.

Here you have it, a real long time member saying they don't pay.

https://blockchain.info/address/181n25vgaDfbUYkaynUEo4haCyutcq3v4i

I know this is a long con but now it seems it's also a short con.

And cue the payment with an excuse... 3.. 2.. 1...

To those just now realizing it is a scam ... I mean really.  37% interest for a week?  Really?  Pirate only gave 7% and that was a massive masssive warning sign.

37% weekly interest is 1,286,676,865% annually.  Anyone know a miner which makes 1 billion % profit per year.  i.e. guy a $200 GPU, spend $100 in electricity and get $3,860,030,594 in annual mining rewards.  That is the kind of gross profits they would need ... just to break even and pay all of it out as interest.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: