Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:03:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needs help with NiceHash Household PC Mining (Micromining :))  (Read 356 times)
LostWords (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:50:50 AM

Guys, I am very new to the bitcoinbusiness. On advice of one of the gentlemen on this forum I have started micromining with NiceHash. These are my stats:

My PC does this:
CPU Intel Core i5 4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
99.000 H/s CryptoNight
0.19 EUR/day

Now...on the website of NiceHash I can see that there are other algorithms with more value. At least, that's how I read it, don't know if its true but this:
NeoScrypt currently paying:   1.8874 *
CryptoNight currently paying: 1.3426 *

Now, if how I read it is true...shouldn't I do NeoScrypt more then CryptoNight? Or am I totally mistaken? If I'm not, how can I change? And seeing my stats, is there an better option for mining? Different program? Different thing with better value? Forgive my noobness, I am willing to learn Smiley. TY in advance.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:03:18 AM

You'll learn more by figuring it out for yourself with your own experimentation.
Try mining neocrypt and see how it goes.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
LostWords (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:13:02 AM

You'll learn more by figuring it out for yourself with your own experimentation.

Thanks for your response, hombre. But uhm, I can't see how the change the algorithm? There are a few buttons: benchmark, settings and start/stop basically. I assumed I could change it at benchmark but there is nothing I can add or change there neither. Is there something I need to download? Like an addon or something?
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:52:51 AM

Thanks for your response, hombre. But uhm, I can't see how the change the algorithm? There are a few buttons: benchmark, settings and start/stop basically. I assumed I could change it at benchmark but there is nothing I can add or change there neither. Is there something I need to download? Like an addon or something?

Been a while since I used nicehash, but IIRC, you can selectively check different algos on/off in the benchmarking screen.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:58:32 AM

Try to download nicehash program and there is all algo suport.
onlineportal

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:45:39 AM

NiceHash paid or no.
Please ask me..
simpleminerteam

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:11:42 PM

Why don't you mine any altcoin into an online wallet? I think it would be more profitable. Mine a lot from a new coin, hold and sell them higher price.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:17:17 PM

Guys, I am very new to the bitcoinbusiness. On advice of one of the gentlemen on this forum I have started micromining with NiceHash. These are my stats:

My PC does this:
CPU Intel Core i5 4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
99.000 H/s CryptoNight
0.19 EUR/day

Now...on the website of NiceHash I can see that there are other algorithms with more value. At least, that's how I read it, don't know if its true but this:
NeoScrypt currently paying:   1.8874 *
CryptoNight currently paying: 1.3426 *

Now, if how I read it is true...shouldn't I do NeoScrypt more then CryptoNight? Or am I totally mistaken? If I'm not, how can I change? And seeing my stats, is there an better option for mining? Different program? Different thing with better value? Forgive my noobness, I am willing to learn Smiley. TY in advance.

you want to do some real mining, get a dedicated mining rig instead of using your home PC which is crap. furthermore you need to do your own research instead of coming here like some hand pecked self entitled noob that's too lazy to research stuff on there own and wants information handed to them on a silver platter. there already enough noob that post the same kinda questions ALL the danm time, take the time do your do diligence and research

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: