Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Staking Coins never returned after being staked out? .05 BTC Bounty!  (Read 503 times)
mimagneto (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:53:01 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 08:57:55 AM by mimagneto

Good Evening Everyone,

I have a problem with staking, I'm offering .05 BTC to whoever can help me solve this issue and recover my lost coins.  On two separate computers & wallets of the same coin, I've lost coins while staking them.  For instance, it'll stake and take out 10,000 coins out of the wallet, but then I never receive the mined coins nor my staked out coins either back.  I get an error message on each of these mined transactions, and my wallet is now missing the staked coins as well as the block reward for staking.  The computers/wallets may have gone offline during the time period, but why wouldn't they show back up once the wallet is synced again?  I've tried contacting their founder/team to no avail.  Does anyone know if there's a way for me to get these coins back, or any feedback?  I truly appreciate it.

Thank you,
mimagneto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mimagneto (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:58:43 AM

I'm now offering a .05 BTC Bounty for helping me solve this issue and recovery of my lost coins.
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:28:31 AM

Good Evening Everyone,

I have a problem with staking, I'm offering .05 BTC to whoever can help me solve this issue and recover my lost coins.  On two separate computers & wallets of the same coin, I've lost coins while staking them.  For instance, it'll stake and take out 10,000 coins out of the wallet, but then I never receive the mined coins nor my staked out coins either back.  I get an error message on each of these mined transactions, and my wallet is now missing the staked coins as well as the block reward for staking.  The computers/wallets may have gone offline during the time period, but why wouldn't they show back up once the wallet is synced again?  I've tried contacting their founder/team to no avail.  Does anyone know if there's a way for me to get these coins back, or any feedback?  I truly appreciate it.

Thank you,
mimagneto

Check your address on the coins block explorer and see if the coins are in the address. 

BTW - What is the coin?

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
mimagneto (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:59:57 AM

Good Evening Everyone,

Thank you,
mimagneto

Check your address on the coins block explorer and see if the coins are in the address. 

BTW - What is the coin?

Good Morning kilo17,

Thank you for the reply!  I checked the addresses on the block explorer and they have the correct amounts, but the wallets show fewer coins.  They also no longer show them as staked out either, and it's been a few days.  How would I be able to get them back?  I'd rather not say the coin.   Smiley 

Thank you,
mimagneto
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:17:22 AM

you are going to want to back up your wallet.dat and remove all traces of your old wallet.

then reinstall a completely new wallet and replace the saved wallet.dat before you fire it up for the first time.

some old pos implementations were really buggy and i have had to do this with many coins in the past.

sometimes even had to completely resync with a new/fresh wallet.dat and import keys from all addresses in the old wallet.

let me know if you need help getting all the old address privkeys, hopefully it wont come to that it's pretty time consuming.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
mimagneto (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:35:54 AM

Good Evening Everyone,

Thank you,
mimagneto

BTW - What is the coin?

Good Morning kilo17,

Thank you for your help, you helped me locate the coins, and I was able to see that they were still where they were supposed to be.  Please send me your BTC address.

mimagneto
mimagneto (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:37:59 AM

you are going to want to back up your wallet.dat and remove all traces of your old wallet.

then reinstall a completely new wallet and replace the saved wallet.dat before you fire it up for the first time.

some old pos implementations were really buggy and i have had to do this with many coins in the past.

sometimes even had to completely resync with a new/fresh wallet.dat and import keys from all addresses in the old wallet.

let me know if you need help getting all the old address privkeys, hopefully it wont come to that it's pretty time consuming.

Good Morning smaxz,

Thank you so much!  I followed your directions and I was able to re-download the blockchain & wallet with my old wallet.dat file and the coins reappeared!  Please send me your BTC address.

Thanks again,
mimagneto
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:09:06 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 11:29:14 PM by smaxz

pm'd. good to hear it worked out. did you get all the coins you expected?

rep this guy followed through.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: