Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of bitcoin hostile banks. [edit] New thread see first line.  (Read 30695 times)
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:15:50 AM

LibertyBit, A Canadian exchange has had its Royal Bank of Canada business Account closed:

Announcement: https://www.libertybit.com/news
Discussion: https://coinforum.ca/discussion/96/libertybit-rbc-bank-account-closure

Royal Bank of Canada = Bankster-Complex scum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stampbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:50:18 AM

banks arent hostile to bitcoin, theyre hostile to multilevel marketing scams.
crumbcake

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:56:34 AM

The answer to which banks are hostile to Bitcoin?  Same as the answer to how many people are dead in that cemetery:  All of them.  
Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:41:00 PM

The answer to which banks are hostile to Bitcoin?  Same as the answer to how many people are dead in that cemetery:  All of them.  

Why should they?

Banks can easily control BItcoin that are stored at their accounts.
They could even offer interest rate in Bitcoin accounts.

As long as governments will have a Fiat currency in place, Bitcoin might be an interesting solution, but banks have no need for controlling them. They don't need the control at all.

crumbcake

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:49:26 PM

Why should they?

Banks can easily control BItcoin that are stored at their accounts.
They could even offer interest rate in Bitcoin accounts.

As long as governments will have a Fiat currency in place, Bitcoin might be an interesting solution, but banks have no need for controlling them. They don't need the control at all.

I'm not saying they should, simply (at this point) they do.  Of course banks could control Bitcoin in their accounts, and could create an economic model under which lending etc. would be feasible & profitable.  As of now, no (government sanctioned) Bitcoin banks exist, and until a bank starts dealing in Bitcoin, it's safe to say all banks are hostile to Bitcoin.  Bitcoin encroaches upon the fiat economy, and thus on the banks (unless Bitcoin's widespread acceptance becomes inevitable & the banks are forced to accept/incorporate it).  Satoshi was not being overly cautious when he wanted to shield Bitcoin from premature public attention. 
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:15:52 PM

Updated BMO status.

CANADA (5 banks by law)

Royal Bank of Canada - Closed CaVirtex and "Canadian Bitcoins" trading accounts.

Toronto-Dominion Bank - Closed "CADBitcoin" trading account

Bank of Nova Scotia - Closed "CaVirtex" cash account

Bank of Montreal - Closed "CaVirtex" cash deposit account

Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - No information
bitbybit2

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:05:37 AM

What are banks anyway? Does banking system really exist which is at par with bitcoin standard? Fiat money is overrated. I say instead of exchanging. Wait.
Isokivi (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 05:57:14 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 05:55:30 PM by Isokivi

Op updated with This seems like a more robust tool for the same purpose: http://bankblacklist.com/

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:21:19 PM

Amagi Metals said Bank of the West shut down their account so I guess you can add them to the list.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
St.Bit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:31:57 PM

Nope.
Bitcoin.de is currently negotiating with Fidor Bank AG for some sort of partnership far beyond than just operating heir account.

Fidor will handle the customers accounts and they will be protected by the 100k deposit insurance of german gov. At the moment bitcoin.de has problems with people refusing to pay settled trades,but this partnership allows no chargebacks then.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1197313/bitcoin-de-and-fidor-bank-ag-agree-on-large-scale-partnership

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:16:53 AM

This thread is even more inaccurate than the "List of ongoing scams" thread.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:46:19 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2013, 02:32:34 PM by J603

My friends use TD Bank in the US for all bitcoin purchases and they've never had problems. Also, I use Citizen's Bank (the subsidiary of Royal Bank of Scotland) and I haven't had many problems. I don't really have proof that either is "bitcoin friendly", but could they go under unconfirmed?
Isokivi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:01:43 PM

This thread is even more inaccurate than the "List of ongoing scams" thread.
Thank you for your valuable input. You must feel useful.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:22:04 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 10:39:26 AM by freedomno1

Adding Comerica
The bank, Comerica, gave “no reason” for the closure
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/07/iafcu

Isokivi

According to James Canadian Banks do not ask for AYL/KYC and assume they don't have it
Direct Source Canadianbitcoins
No update from the post in June on status assume status quo is the same

For the record I remember cash deposit at TD BMO and CIBC heck Western Union was on there at one time but they were asshats Smiley
July 31th 2012   Removed Western Union. They are a bunch of asshats and have been 'returning' a lot of transactions for 'security reasons' and wont give any more details.
https://www.canadianbitcoins.com/messages.php
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135035.msg2545770#msg2545770

I'm aware that canadianbitcoins and cavirtex are always on top of regulations that's why I trust these exhanges, so if your not allowed to disclose information at this time that's fine.

My question is regarding Canadianbitcoins
Can you explain the reason canadianbitcoins has temporarily disabled cash deposit and if this is related to mtgox and TAYPE
Also will this be a similar update to the one on cavirtex
Thanks

To be honest was thinking of posting this question in Canadianbitcoins but it would be a 2 year necro  
Was not sure on whether to revive it or ask here maybe next time to show how far bitcoin has gone Wink

As a side-comment
"I've been involved with Bitcoins since the CPU mining days, and double digit difficulty (man, when it jumped to 43, that was rough!)"
Love that post  
Two year anniversary to a hangover incoming  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27087.msg341290#msg341290

Lol i just went back and read that thread, so nostalgic.  Bitcoin has come a long way since then.

We have disabled cash deposits due to potential issues that we are working out with the banks.  I'm assuming its pretty much the same issue as with cavirtex -- banks dont like anonymous cash deposits from third parties into accounts... even if we have KYC docs for all them, the banks dont know that (because they dont ask, they just assume that we dont for some reason)  

It is NOT related at all to whats going on with mtgox (that i know of at least)

We are working with TAYPE closely and with the BANKS to find the right solutions that keeps everyone happy. For the most part, it comes down to AML/KYC.

Almost time for another Canada Day aimlessly tackling the crowds around Parliament hill spreading the rambling drunk truth about bitcoins!

Cheers
 James

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Isokivi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 11:36:35 AM

I am nolonger maintaining the op, I reccomend any new and or old submissions to go to:
http://bankblacklist.com/

If someone wants to take over maintaining the thread:
1. Should the mods allow it & transfer the thread under another op.
2. Or just make a new thread and start with the little info that was accumulated here.

I'd be fine with it, actually encourage it.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 12:16:36 PM

... there weren't any banks listed on bankblacklist.com. Just comics. It's a shame, because the community needs this. The problem is bad here in Canada, where the government is relatively fine with Bitcoin, and we are locked in a battle in the private sector with Canada's banks. Ever since the financial crisis in the States, these Canadian banks that never defaulted are too powerful, and do as they please. So far, we don't think any of the Bitcoin business or Bitcoin-accepting businesses in Vancouver have had problems, although we're concerned about the status of one restaurant who uses TD. The current operator of Bitcoin Co-op's account is ashamed to say he still uses RBC, but would like to cancel soon and explain to them why he did so in great detail.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 12:42:29 PM

please add this info:

1. Commerzbank is a german bank, so u are right

2. another bitcoin friendly bank is Fidor Bank  (https://www.fidor.de/)
that company works together with bitcoin.de , a germany bitcoin exchange.

http://www.coindesk.com/germanys-bitcoin-de-and-fidor-bank-ag-form-partnership/

they are even promote this on their website, so i guess its one of the bitcoin friendly bank that exists at the moment ;-)

thanks for making the list.

AceCoin

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:07:06 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 09:23:30 AM by AceCoin

UNICREDIT works with BITSTAMP, i sent a sepa (dollars) to an account in europe (unicredit too) and all goes well
Isokivi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:28:51 PM

... there weren't any banks listed on bankblacklist.com. Just comics. It's a shame, because the community needs this. The problem is bad here in Canada, where the government is relatively fine with Bitcoin, and we are locked in a battle in the private sector with Canada's banks. Ever since the financial crisis in the States, these Canadian banks that never defaulted are too powerful, and do as they please. So far, we don't think any of the Bitcoin business or Bitcoin-accepting businesses in Vancouver have had problems, although we're concerned about the status of one restaurant who uses TD. The current operator of Bitcoin Co-op's account is ashamed to say he still uses RBC, but would like to cancel soon and explain to them why he did so in great detail.

I believe the site is a few days old.
Oh, there used to be a tool for submitting info Sad

Isokivi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:05:59 AM

[edit]I am nolonger maintaining this thread, but joesmoe2012 has kindly promised to do so, the new thread can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264679.new#new

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: