Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:06:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 90% Junk Silver for BTC  (Read 1061 times)
btc-bullion (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 07:49:28 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 01:39:06 AM by btc-bullion

I have listed some of my junk silver for sale on bitmit.  It looks like there has been a big run on junk silver and my prices are very competitive.  I also have some walking liberty and franklin halves as well as liberty dollars that I will be posting later this evening or tomorrow.

link to my bitmit listings

link to imgur photos

$3       Franklin Halves
$3.5    Walking Liberty Half
$9       Liberty Dollars
$9       Morgan Dollars
$9.75  Walking Liberty Quarter
$10     Washington Quartes
$30     Roosevelt / Mercury Dimes (mixed)

$74.25 face value of 90%

I would not mind taking more photos of the Quarters or Dimes for any one that is seriously interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:01:49 AM

Not verified, no rankings, not even actual photos of "your product"... Are you just reselling others actual products as if you own them?

Junk silver is just that, junk... No-one will give you anything more than the price of aluminum for it, until it has been smelted and had its contents confirmed to determine the actual silver content within. You are admitting they are 90% junk, so they are worth less than 2% the weight of silver. (Would take more to melt them down, and process them, than they are worth, in silver.) You offering some publication, of tested material, since you "claim" they are 90% junk, or are you just guessing they are 90% junk? Or did you just copy that off of another person's webpage, so you could make a sale, and seem like you actually know the content-level?

You do realize that silver (coins), are a future-sale, which won't be worth the price of silver-content within, for well over 20 years. (Unless silver triples early.)

What "proof", since you don't have "credentials", are you offering as "trust" for these transactions? Are you allowing the use of an escrow service, or offering some additional "personally identifiable, and prosecutable, information" beyond the posted sale-page?
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 04:45:56 AM

I contacted the seller and heard nothing back.   No seller feedback and jr. member.  Be cautious, please use escrow.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:20:54 AM

Not verified, no rankings, not even actual photos of "your product"... Are you just reselling others actual products as if you own them?

Junk silver is just that, junk... No-one will give you anything more than the price of aluminum for it, until it has been smelted and had its contents confirmed to determine the actual silver content within. You are admitting they are 90% junk, so they are worth less than 2% the weight of silver. (Would take more to melt them down, and process them, than they are worth, in silver.) You offering some publication, of tested material, since you "claim" they are 90% junk, or are you just guessing they are 90% junk? Or did you just copy that off of another person's webpage, so you could make a sale, and seem like you actually know the content-level?

You do realize that silver (coins), are a future-sale, which won't be worth the price of silver-content within, for well over 20 years. (Unless silver triples early.)

What "proof", since you don't have "credentials", are you offering as "trust" for these transactions? Are you allowing the use of an escrow service, or offering some additional "personally identifiable, and prosecutable, information" beyond the posted sale-page?

Sorry, I didn't read your whole post-just to the part where you said silver coins are worth nothing, that they're just like a piece of aluminum. You are DEAD wrong. You therefore do not know WHAT you are talking about. So why is it your duty to confirm this guy's credentials and put him on blast before he has a chance to prove himself?

P.S. If YOU were a member of the forum for a long enough time, odds are you would know that pre-65 US coinage is "junk" 90% Silver. It is an extremely popular form of bullion because purity does not have to be confirmed, it facilitates smaller transactions, etc. Oh, and check this out

http://www.apmex.com/Category/17/90_Silver_Generic_Bags.aspx
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:16:11 AM

He didn't say "90% silver, junk coins"... He said 90% junk silver...

Coin silver is still junk, as the blunt name it has "earned", implies.

Value of a dime is $1.7682663719 is the total melt value for the 1946-1964 silver dime on April 29, 2013.
http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1946-1964-Silver-Roosevelt-Dime-Value.html

If it is not a counterfeit... Most being sold are aluminum and steel or mixes useless metals. All fail a simple magnet-slide test, and sonic-depth test, and acid test. If you "were in the know", you would also be aware of that. And thus, most people provide credentials. China has flooded the markets with fake silver "tokens", in the last three years. A futile attempt for them to regain the losses they have from overselling "paper silver". Ebay alone is about 80% fake silver listings. The only ones not being pulled are ones listing it as "tokens", or "plated", or "artistic representation of", or some other listing with "hidden fine print", to hide the fact that the "implied" content is not actually there.

"Tokens", value as an item is $0.001 per "dime". (Counterfeit coins are "tokens".)

Again, I don't see anything on the listing provided, or reputation of the seller, or anything, that would encourage anyone to make a purchase.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:23:18 AM

If it is not a counterfeit... Most being sold are aluminum and steel or mixes useless metals. All fail a simple magnet-slide test, and sonic-depth test, and acid test. If you "were in the know", you would also be aware of that.

Whiskey boy isn't big on tests. He "can see" how pure the silver is. No really, he really does believe that.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:28:08 AM

http://coins.about.com/od/worldcoins/ig/Chinese-Counterfeiting-Ring/

That is one of the thousands of "recent warnings"... and that is older...

I buy silver, real silver, not tokens, not "numismatic value" (baseball-card coins)... Actual valuable silver, that others can use and sell and trade. I was almost interested... then I saw the prices, the lack of info, and lack of response, and his "growing" fake collection on his NEW unverified account. Serious sellers don't hide.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:36:44 PM

Value of a dime is $1.7682663719 is the total melt value for the 1946-1964 silver dime on April 29, 2013.

If it is not a counterfeit... Most being sold are aluminum and steel or mixes useless metals. All fail a simple magnet-slide test, and sonic-depth test, and acid test. If you "were in the know", you would also be aware of that. And thus, most people provide credentials. China has flooded the markets with fake silver "tokens", in the last three years. A futile attempt for them to regain the losses they have from overselling "paper silver". Ebay alone is about 80% fake silver listings. The only ones not being pulled are ones listing it as "tokens", or "plated", or "artistic representation of", or some other listing with "hidden fine print", to hide the fact that the "implied" content is not actually there.

"Tokens", value as an item is $0.001 per "dime". (Counterfeit coins are "tokens".)

Again, I don't see anything on the listing provided, or reputation of the seller, or anything, that would encourage anyone to make a purchase.
Well I bet you a 90% Silver quarter that he was referring to 90% junk silver US coins-maybe because he MENTIONED 90% silver coins in his post. I would LOVE to see where you pull the 80% figure from, too. And last time I checked $1.76 is more than 10 cents. Greyhawk-you're just embarrassing yourself by being on the same thread as this guy.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:40:30 PM

Well I bet you a 90% Silver quarter that he was referring to 90% junk silver US coins-maybe because he MENTIONED 90% silver coins in his post. I would LOVE to see where you pull the 80% figure from, too. And last time I checked $1.76 is more than 10 cents. If I was in the know? LOL I can just see you on your end feverishly looking for data to back up your ridiculous first post. Also, 90% junk silver (even if its not in coins) is worth....90% junk silver. Silver is more expensive than aluminum, if you didn't know. Greyhawk-you're just embarrassing yourself by being on the same thread as this guy.
btc-bullion (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 12:44:17 AM

I contacted the seller and heard nothing back.   No seller feedback and jr. member.  Be cautious, please use escrow.

Jr Member is because of post count only.  I will get a list together shortly with images of the coins themselves.  Are you also interested in more modern silver quarter proof sets? In fact, I believe we had tried to work a deal ourselves in the past that never materialized.  Maybe this time will work out  Smiley

btc-bullion (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 12:47:09 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 01:39:47 AM by btc-bullion

The link was for a listing on bitmit and clearly states that escrow is accepted.  I have done several trades here on the forums If you had looked into any of my post history.  A lot of questions and doubt from a 7 day old account.

I have updated the original post with the link to the photos
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:51:41 AM

Questions answered, related to escrow... But no others.

As for my "member age", of "this account"... That is irrelevant to anything stated above, as is your "previous postings", with your membership here.
(I only signed-up here, again, because of the ASIC's coming-out. Sad to hear they are a total flop. The few produced are failing to function.)

However, the "silver", captured my eye, because I normally trade "silver", (real 99.99% pure silver "0.9999" and "0.999"). For a minute, I thought I may have found a potential source of BTC to SILVER, SILVER to BTC... But all I found was junk silver, with a heavy markup greater than 200% of actual value, from an untrustworthy source. (Untrustworthy to me.)

Sorry for the intrusion. The last thing I wanted to do, was make people cautious of buying junk from a stranger, at premium prices. You are right, no-one should question the lack of information, before spending hard earned money on things that (even if real and honest), are not worth the money spent on them. After all, isn't that how the rich get rich, and the banks and governments operate!

Good luck with your junk silver sales. The more you sell, the more bitcoins are converted into "physical value", so I will shut my pie-hole. Tongue
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:25:36 AM

Questions answered, related to escrow... But no others.

As for my "member age", of "this account"... That is irrelevant to anything stated above, as is your "previous postings", with your membership here.
(I only signed-up here, again, because of the ASIC's coming-out. Sad to hear they are a total flop. The few produced are failing to function.)

However, the "silver", captured my eye, because I normally trade "silver", (real 99.99% pure silver "0.9999" and "0.999"). For a minute, I thought I may have found a potential source of BTC to SILVER, SILVER to BTC... But all I found was junk silver, with a heavy markup greater than 200% of actual value, from an untrustworthy source. (Untrustworthy to me.)

Sorry for the intrusion. The last thing I wanted to do, was make people cautious of buying junk from a stranger, at premium prices. You are right, no-one should question the lack of information, before spending hard earned money on things that (even if real and honest), are not worth the money spent on them. After all, isn't that how the rich get rich, and the banks and governments operate!

Good luck with your junk silver sales. The more you sell, the more bitcoins are converted into "physical value", so I will shut my pie-hole. Tongue

You shouldn't. There is so much homebrew going on with people who have no idea about what they're doing anyone who could supply an actually valid opinon would be a boon never seen before.
phishken

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:54:04 AM

Serious lulz in this thread.  90% junk silver is as every bit as good as 999.  Maybe you aren't aware of the serious shortages of 90% in the market right now... well 999 too.. .but previously really cheap 90% has been seeing increased premiums to the point people are selling 90% to put the money in cheaper 999.   The 22x face isn't a horrible price considering the shortages, it could be better though.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:58:26 AM

Serious lulz in this thread.  90% junk silver is as every bit as good as 999.  Maybe you aren't aware of the serious shortages of 90% in the market right now... well 999 too.. .but previously really cheap 90% has been seeing increased premiums to the point people are selling 90% to put the money in cheaper 999.   The 22x face isn't a horrible price considering the shortages, it could be better though.
I thought the argument was less "90% is inherently worthless" and more "there's a lot of counterfeit 90% running around so it's worthless unless you trust the dealer".

Don't have any opinion on this particular offer, just trying to understand people's contentions.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:34:47 AM

Serious lulz in this thread.  90% junk silver is as every bit as good as 999.  Maybe you aren't aware of the serious shortages of 90% in the market right now... well 999 too.. .but previously really cheap 90% has been seeing increased premiums to the point people are selling 90% to put the money in cheaper 999.   The 22x face isn't a horrible price considering the shortages, it could be better though.
I thought the argument was less "90% is inherently worthless" and more "there's a lot of counterfeit 90% running around so it's worthless unless you trust the dealer".

Don't have any opinion on this particular offer, just trying to understand people's contentions.
The initial response to OP was about how 90% silver is worth nothing because of the work required to refined it (Huh). Then the poster tried to defend himself by bringing up "counterfeit silver" and trying to change the conversation so he didn't look like as much of an idiot.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:40:44 AM

Serious lulz in this thread.  90% junk silver is as every bit as good as 999.  Maybe you aren't aware of the serious shortages of 90% in the market right now... well 999 too.. .but previously really cheap 90% has been seeing increased premiums to the point people are selling 90% to put the money in cheaper 999.   The 22x face isn't a horrible price considering the shortages, it could be better though.
For real. If you have a "junk" (Yeah, I said JUNK) 90% Silver Quarter, standard markup is 20x face value. Know why? because it contains 90% Silver. The only reason "junk" is associated with 90% silver US coins is because they are non-key date/mint-mark coins, and therefore have no numismatic value...hence the JUNK. Know what you're talking about before you try to play policeman. Your idiocy seriously is incredible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: