Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:56:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Bitcoin owners?  (Read 3242 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:04:35 AM

How many celebrities or high profile individuals do you know of that owns and support Bitcoin? I think if we can get some high profile users, we might get some good exposure going forward.
Personally, I don't think attaching faces of celebrities/personalities to bitcoin will give it a boost. It's good the way it is already that no particular person controls it. This was a reason I so hated what John McAfee was doing with his pump and dump group because of his status a lot of people trusted his judgement and followed him sheepishly. Attaching a known face to bitcoin will make investing in it a personality controlled investment and that's not going to be good.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:12:47 AM

How many celebrities or high profile individuals do you know of that owns and support Bitcoin? I think if we can get some high profile users, we

might get some good exposure going forward. When Playboy started out, they realized that they should start the magazine with a BANG, so they

bought nude pictures of the most well known person in the world at the time and put her on the front page. <--- Marilyn Monroe ... This put them

on the map and they built a global empire.

Who will be our Marilyn Monroe?

So far we have had some high profile users like Mike Tyson and Ashton Kutcher, but we need a globally recognized ambassador for Bitcoin... our

very own, Marilyn Monroe.  Grin

Source : http://www.coindesk.com/10-celebrities-investing-using-talking-bitcoin/

And why do you need to know who has a large number of bitcoins? This is an anonymous currency and there is no need to give publicity to what famous people they own and most importantly how many bitcoins have. I think it violates their privacy. It's only media YouTube bloggers can brag about.
chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:08:27 PM

I don't think that bitcoin need celebrity to promote and to be come popular, celebrity and non celebrity don't want to talk how many bitcoin they have.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:20:20 PM

Bitcoin are more likely chosen by many because of the discretion in it. So i don’t think big fish will come out and acknowledge themselves that they are proud to be a bitcoin holder. And be the focus on governments interest for taxation. So i never expect it anymore that there is one famous personality who will come out just to promote cryptocurrency.
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:26:59 PM

How many celebrities or high profile individuals do you know of that owns and support Bitcoin? I think if we can get some high profile users, we

might get some good exposure going forward. When Playboy started out, they realized that they should start the magazine with a BANG, so they

bought nude pictures of the most well known person in the world at the time and put her on the front page. <--- Marilyn Monroe ... This put them

So far we have had some high profile users like Mike Tyson and Ashton Kutcher, but we need a globally recognized ambassador for Bitcoin... our

Source : http://www.coindesk.com/10-celebrities-investing-using-talking-bitcoin/
Those high profile and peoples's icon will be the good ambassadors for bitcoin. They are famous so if they support bitcoin then bitcoin will become more famous.
bitcoineverything

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:31:11 PM

Katy Perry can be a good fit for a Marilyn Monroe type ambassador. I just watched Ant Man and the Wasp today...

Spoiler alert - Sonny Burch mentions cryptocurrency.  Grin

We are here to give you all the latest from the Cryptocurrency space!
railyako

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:02:12 AM

We can't really know though. unless they publicly announce that they are bitcoin owners. We know that bitcoin users are anonymous and in no way we could know who can they be. I think there are some celebrities that exposed themselves though. Googling it will probably a good way to know
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:34:15 AM

It is hard to identify those celebrities who owned bitcoin because not everyone are very vocal with their investments and even us an ordinary people we do not broadcast our own investments.
petubtc

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:40:38 PM

All owners of btc are anonymous. and probably want to stay that way,. with no way of knowing unless they publicly annouce that they are btc users.
cruzinghard

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:42:38 PM

I've read somewhere that Kim Kardashian is a big Bitcoin lover. I'm her ass lover as well so it's a nice circle of love!
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:56:58 PM

very own, Marilyn Monroe.  Grin

As far as I understand the big Bitcoin owner does not want to be famous. They always hide and even make purchases anonymously, because what then is the meaning of the advantages of crypto currency. And at the same time, bitcoins are not yet everywhere real, so everyone keeps information about their possession in secret.
That is one aspect what you are saying. And this is because the respective countries of such celebrities are not really favoring the crypto market and the bitcoin. This results in the people hiding behind the veils instead of coming out and sharing their bitcoin experiences. Well in my country India, the legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan was in highlights a few months back for investing huge bucks into the bitcoin. But now there are no such headlines. Maybe because country is not supporting the market. But everyone knows there are many people who have been secretly holding bitcoin and advocating the use of the same.
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:58:21 PM

I think that even if celebrities invest in bitcoin, and if they smart they do not say about it. It's just an asset that grows, and which is not so easy to detect, unlike buying a new home or an luxery car.
Yes, bitcoin is for all people that wanted to join in bitcoin for investing. Even celebrities are interested to join here cause they know that bitcoin is good asset for them. But celebrities joining here secretly cause you not detect who's and who joining here for there security purposes. Celebrities and me are same cause I want to protect my investment to be safe.
gladydark

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:01:54 PM

Celebrities have some promotional effects on encrypted publicity, but this effect may be temporary. I think it is more important for the community to continue to develop.
ClubXman

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:33:55 PM

What about Steve Wozniak?
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/06/12/apples-steve-wozniak-bought-bitcoin-at-700.html
Or John McAfee? Wink
Never heard of Donald Trump owning BTC, though.
Ghypatt

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:41:59 PM

I think Btc not for any single organisation and so promoting it in that way looks quite impossible. I think the best way to promote Btc is for individuals who are into it to spread the good news to as many as possible. Letting people know it is not a scam as many have been made to understand will go a long way to promote Btc

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
UniQue7

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:02:00 PM

Not that I know any celebrity that uses bitcoin but they have noticed the Bitcoin is gonna be powerful in years to come.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:26:29 AM

In the country I live very privacy for the ownership of Bitcoin, and also for local celebrities who have Bitcoin. Except in the government in the State I live and it is also still confusing, says his chief finance minister in my country has nearly 1000 Bitcoin in his wallet.

I hope that way because with 1000 Bitcoin he can create a new coin and even a new Exchange in the country I live to simplify the Bitcoin transaction where I live.
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:29:35 AM

I think that there aren't many of them at the moment, and most of those guys were paid shills that were trying to shill bitcoin or any other crypto, just like those who were saying in which ICO to invest, it happened a few months ago, and it was a disappointment.

dario.93

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:34:24 AM

Probably most of them are just not familiar with the cryptocurrency strategies, and also I am thinking the most of celebrities just don't have time to be involved in cryptocurrency also, they have enough money that they need in order not to be involved here. Celebrities are not always the businessman.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:37:29 AM

Truly, bitcoin is for all individuals that needed to join in bitcoin for contributing. Indeed, even big names are intrigued to join here reason they realize that bitcoin is great resource for them. Be that as it may, VIPs joining here covertly cause you not recognize who's and who joining here for there security purposes. Big names and me are same reason I need to secure my venture to be protected.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: