Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:54:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal Charge Back From BTC Sale To Coinman1  (Read 1331 times)
PontiacGTX (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:18:12 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 03:46:22 PM by PontiacGTX

Original post

I had been selling 0.346btc (Proof / Proof) for paypal, and like I saw he had a thread with good rep , I decided to sell him, and I had asked him what was the rate he used,I agreed with the rate, and I sent first the BTC, It took a couple of hours him to reply back and paid the quantity we agreed at 1372usd/btc

after 2 days I saw that the payment was charged back, due claiming the transaction wasnt done by the owner of the account, I asked coinman1 about why he made the charge back and said his affiliated/partner decided to become a scammer, but said that my money was safe and if the sender didnt cancel the dispute in paypal i would get again the payment.

it has been about 1 day since I have talked to him on PM and said he said he was trying to solve my issue.

still waiting

I am disposed to recieve same amount in btc to my wallet or at leats 0,3007

1A4vFmjAuKgdeH8D68db98mcZbXt6ZhHMp

Edit  5/4

he had sent me the first agreed part to my address of value 0,06331BTC ($100), then there is a remaining of $375 in BTC (0,23739BTC)  refund which is pending until he can send  as late as Tuesday or Wesneday

Edit  5/9

0.01743000+0.09487741BTC  has been sent my way,there is a remaining of 0,12508259BTC

Edit  5/14

still awaiting for the remaining

Edit  5/21

still awaiting for the remaining payment

Edit  5/22

refuses to refund the same at leats 90% of the mney I have sent him in BTC value (0.307)

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:25:23 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 12:02:16 AM by Pearls Before Swine

You ought to open up a formal scam accusation thread and also leave him a negative.   And this is why PayPal is the absolute worst way to sell bitcoins.  I'm sure you were aware of the risk, and it sucks that you got scammed.   Hopefully he won't risk his rep over this and will return your money.  But that was a lot, certainly more than his account is worth.   But he does have a lot of positive feedback,  which gives the account added value.

Edited to add:  what are you waiting for?  Give him a neg and start up a scam thread.  That's why DT hasn't painted him red yet. 
PontiacGTX (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:47:10 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 01:51:41 PM by PontiacGTX

Well I didnt exptec this could happen.

Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread
COINMAN1

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

FOR BUYING AND SELLING BTC PLEASE VISIT MY THREAD

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 01:29:55 PM

i am trying to resolve this issue with PontiacGTX
i will post some proof of refund and details in next some time just waiting a reply from PontiacGTX once he replied i will send some refund and post the proof with full details that why this problem start

FOR BUYING AND SELLING BTC AT BEST RATES WITH DIFFERENT KIND OF PAYMENT METHODS LIKE PAYPAL, SKRILL, NETLLER, PERFECTMONEY, AND MANY MORE MORE PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1746893.0
PontiacGTX (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:34:45 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 07:47:55 PM by PontiacGTX

coinman1 proposed to cover the payment of $475(0,31151) refunding me $100 USD(0,06331 BTC) in BTC value today, and the rest  of the money: $375 in BTC (0,2482 BTC) as late as Tuesday or Wednesday to my wallet  , which I accepted, and I am waiting for the the transfer of the first 0,06331 to my wallet 1A4vFmjAuKgdeH8D68db98mcZbXt6ZhHMp

Coinman1 had sent me the first agreed part to my address of value ($100), then there is a remaining of $275 in BTC (0,23739 BTC)  refund which is pending until he can send  as late as Tuesday or Wesneday

Silverzz1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

i am trying to resolve this issue with PontiacGTX
i will post some proof of refund and details in next some time just waiting a reply from PontiacGTX once he replied i will send some refund and post the proof with full details that why this problem start

You are DavidXXX. you are big scammer.
cashfairy

Activity: 430
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:11:13 PM

hi just curious
was it like snowball effect between 3 paypal accounts or it was involved 2 accounts and "partner" sent directly to your paypal?

PontiacGTX (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:16:30 AM

hi just curious
was it like snowball effect between 3 paypal accounts or it was involved 2 accounts and "partner" sent directly to your paypal?

his partner sent to my paypal address

PontiacGTX (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:09:29 PM

still awaiting for the $182..

Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:34:55 PM

Scam accusations are really big in the digital world, thus we have to be really careful in parting with our hard earned pennies.

I think you have to report the scammer and start a thread to vividly inform everyone in the community about this. This has to stop. Otherwise, it will be riskier for future investors to deal with Bitcoin given its added risks as compared to a usual sum of money. Although it is not fair to compare both in one stance, it is safe to say that we should altogether protect the integrity of Bitcoin for it to dominate the market thereby benefiting our shareholdings.   
mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:50:32 PM

still awaiting for the $182..

He does deal each day, as you can see in his topic/activity and he still not refunded you the 182$ he is scamming you or will scam you, this situation is not ok and you should tag him negative, till he refund you the money, open a new proper scam accusation and default trusted members will tag him for you!

COINMAN1

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 06:06:08 PM

i am sorry for not reply here properly but i am still in touch with victim via PM you can ask to him to confirm that am lying or not
let me tell you a little bit about this problem
some days ago he traded with me and someone open big dispute on paypal and all the payments are refunded
the guy who open the dispute was one of my truted buyer and we are dealing for more then 3 years but now i think he decided to turn into scammer
so i got scammed also but this guy got scammed because of me so i decided to pay him back i dont have that much money at that time so i paid him back 100$ and ask for some time and at the time i was not able to pay him 375$  but i pay him back 170$ but he said he receive 163$ because when he see the BTC rate was down and when i send the BTC rate was up so i said ok so total i send him 100+163 +30$ so total i pay him 293 so remaining is 182$ so i just need time to pay him back that amount this is because 475$ is a big amount for me to pay from my own pocket and i already pay him 70% amount back and for remaining payment i need some time like some days not asking for much days

FOR BUYING AND SELLING BTC AT BEST RATES WITH DIFFERENT KIND OF PAYMENT METHODS LIKE PAYPAL, SKRILL, NETLLER, PERFECTMONEY, AND MANY MORE MORE PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK
PontiacGTX (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:46:04 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 03:05:55 PM by PontiacGTX

Dont you think I should get the money refunded in BTC at the same quantity since I paid in BTC  I didnt receive any USD payment since $475 BTC now isnt the same Amount when BTC price reach same level as before and I get the quantity coinman proposes (0,28061741) ?

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:05:39 PM

Dont you think I should get the money refunded in BTC at the same quantity since I paid in BTC and I am getting the money back in BTC I didnt receive any USD payment

You have to ask yourself whether you'd like him to refund you the same quantity of BTC (0.346) if it had gone down (for example $900/BTC).

Maybe the best way could be to ask the refund in PayPal? I understand if you don't want any other PayPal payment from COINMAN1 so an option would be for him to refund in BTC at current value plus he finds you a trusted member willing to buy those BTC from you at the current value so you get the original USD value ($475).

PontiacGTX (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:07:14 PM

Dont you think I should get the money refunded in BTC at the same quantity since I paid in BTC and I am getting the money back in BTC I didnt receive any USD payment

You have to ask yourself whether you'd like him to refund you the same quantity of BTC (0.346) if it had gone down (for example $900/BTC).

Maybe the best way could be to ask the refund in PayPal? I understand if you don't want any other PayPal payment from COINMAN1 so an option would be for him to refund in BTC at current value plus he finds you a trusted member willing to buy those BTC from you at the current value so you get the original USD value ($475).
I gave 0.346BTC I didnt give $475. the trade never was done because his partner charged back with a disputed on paypal,so that is what I wonder if I getting refunded in BTC, am I getting refunded by the amount I gave?

COINMAN1

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:48:06 PM

I gave 0.346BTC I didnt give $475. the trade never was done because his partner charged back with a disputed on paypal,so that is what I wonder if I getting refunded in BTC, am I getting refunded by the amount I gave?
Here is your answer hope you remember this MSG and i have many others too we will talk on it in details once you came online just send me PM
if you can fulfill completely the refund of  0.3007btc,giving me the 100usd in BTC value to my wallet (1A4vFmjAuKgdeH8D68db98mcZbXt6ZhHMp)  and the rest by wednesday I am fine with that  

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

Okay enough of coinman1 threads.Multiple open scam accusations just boils down to one thing :- User isn't reliable for trades.Please avoid trading with them or trade at your own risk.
Left a negative feedback because I consider this behavior untrustworthy.They need a scam accusation open for them to resolve the issue.
Please don't message me for removing the feedback,I'll do when I feel you can handle trades professionally.
PontiacGTX (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:42:30 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 11:57:09 PM by PontiacGTX

Here is your answer hope you remember this MSG and i have many others too we will talk on it in details once you came online just send me PM
if you can fulfill completely the refund of  0.3007btc,giving me the 100usd in BTC value to my wallet (1A4vFmjAuKgdeH8D68db98mcZbXt6ZhHMp)  and the rest by wednesday I am fine with that  

im ok with 0,03007 if you can do it.(remaining  0,12508259BTC)

I am fine with the time you said you can send the remaining before 7days

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:58:32 AM

no news

Hopefully he pays you back in full.

Seems like though that he has been running a fractional reserve currency exchange to be honest. His lack of liquidity seems to tell the story no matter what excuses he has every single time. Also he seems to not be using his own personal paypal account but rather stealth accounts that he have bought(I have no proof but in my opinion this is the case) causing problems on the paypal end.

Either way, if you really want to deal with this guy, at least use escrow. Otherwise there are plenty of options out there.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:47:07 AM

You deserve it.. read the TOS which was posted here in 2012 and since endlessly.

Google it ?

Read the sticky ?

Anyone that uses PP + Crypto should get a punch in the head for being an idiot.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: