Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:42:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC has to correct before it rises  (Read 1601 times)
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

I don't believe the rise will be sustained. We are going back to 0.009 before the price consolidates and finds a solid floor above 0.01. There's also the risk of investors selling the news again just like what we saw with segwit getting locked in. One last dip before the rocket ignites.

It's also going to need continued good news otherwise the price will tend to stagnate until we see solid LN usage.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:41:09 PM

I don't believe the rise will be sustained. We are going back to 0.009 before the price consolidates and finds a solid floor above 0.01. There's also the risk of investors selling the news again just like what we saw with segwit getting locked in. One last dip before the rocket ignites. It's also going to need continued good news otherwise the price will tend to stagnate until we see solid LN usage.

You can be right with this analysis though personally I would wish that soon LTC can reach the $50 level though as what I said it is only just a wishing well. Litecoin is now one of the top coin and is now a shining star so far. Maybe the next question is this: Does it have a nice future playing like a small brother to Bitcoin?
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:00:43 PM

I don't believe the rise will be sustained. We are going back to 0.009 before the price consolidates and finds a solid floor above 0.01. There's also the risk of investors selling the news again just like what we saw with segwit getting locked in. One last dip before the rocket ignites. It's also going to need continued good news otherwise the price will tend to stagnate until we see solid LN usage.

You can be right with this analysis though personally I would wish that soon LTC can reach the $50 level though as what I said it is only just a wishing well. Litecoin is now one of the top coin and is now a shining star so far. Maybe the next question is this: Does it have a nice future playing like a small brother to Bitcoin?

I also believe also that some people are pushing Litecoin to $50 and I expect the price to hit $50 soon, for me is just a matter of when, value now is all about crowd wisdom, if Dash can hit $100 then $50 for Litecoin is not big deal
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:04:26 PM

The only reason LTC rose to such prices was because of SegWit, but SegWit provides no tangible benefits to LTC whatsoever.
Y'all should be cautious, because even a crash is not unlikely.
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:12:41 PM

I do expect a sell the news upon activation, but ...

... just like when people sold the news after SegWit was locked in ...

... it still has LNs, Coinbase, MAST, and CT all planned after activation. That's just too much good news to keep the hype train going after activation. Smiley

John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:37:03 PM

but SegWit provides no tangible benefits to LTC whatsoever.
Sorry but that is not true, SegWit has a lot more to it than just being a scaling solution.
Read more here: https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:55:27 PM

The only reason LTC rose to such prices was because of SegWit, but SegWit provides no tangible benefits to LTC whatsoever.

If you don't consider fixing transaction malleability, atomic cross-chain transactions, the Lightning Network (not completely necessary for LN; but every designed version required it) and sidechains of any benefit, then you might be right. I'm under the impression that it also helps with the upcoming release that includes the ability to do confidential transactions.
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:56:42 PM

but SegWit provides no tangible benefits to LTC whatsoever.
Sorry but that is not true, SegWit has a lot more to it than just being a scaling solution.
Read more here: https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/

And here: https://segwit.org/my-vision-for-segwit-and-lightning-networks-on-litecoin-and-bitcoin-cf95a7ab656b
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:42:39 PM

Unexpected Coinbase addition made the price pump. Anyway, doesn't matter, LTC will correct after the hype is over. We can eventually buy back cheaper. No way im buying LTC at $20. For the price hype to continue it's going to need more than this. Remember that ETH crashed after it got added in that other big exchange.
TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 10:31:57 PM

Sounds to me like these hoping for a "correction" are just wanting to buy in at cheaper prices than current. In actuality if we're talking "correction", the correction is upward after Litecoin has been at such low prices for so long.

Forget "sell the news" by the way. Doesn't work well for stocks and this is crypto which is a different animal and works even worse.  Buy on positive actuality, ie news, but beware on rumour on many coins as there's a lot of promises from some coins, particularly new ones, which never come to fruition.

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:50:03 AM

Y'all should be cautious, because even a crash is not unlikely.
This is only an example for Bitcoin to see, what can happen. Whales investing much in this hype this makes me little suspicious. I hope this is not a trap for Bitcoin. On the other side LTC was in range 0.01 long time ago, and this restoring was expected.
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:59:38 AM

When Ethereum raised back, it raised a lot before correction taken place. many who sell during the raise, cant even buy them back with a profit.
Looks the same for Litecoin, question is when will it correct?

pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:26:53 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 01:42:52 PM by pereira4

There you go, it's already correcting. I think it peaked at 0.0153 and now we'll go back to 0.012 to test support line. Maybe that is a good entry point, assuming it pumps before segwit is activated and the news get sold to hopefully fall down to a bigger price than the 0.012 entry point.

Who else is waiting for that dip?
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:25:57 PM

i was waiting for the dip the whole day, and i finally bought now, i might be wrong tho

Im not sure, I think I will keep waiting for at least 0.012. By looking at the past LTC rises, it tends to go up, then spend 3-7 days correcting. Of course we have the segwit hype, which is a gamble in either thinking people will sell the news or buy them after it officially activates. I think a big dip will happen, but we can't know if it's going to happen before this event or not.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:40:27 PM

Maybe dip will happen but I do not believe that the dip will be a big one. I think that it will continue to raise as with activating SegWIt + coinbase, ltc, said "hey, we are still here" considering the markets raise of ETH and Dash it is looking promising for LTC as well.

I might be wrong, but I just think that market overall is unstable (or it is stable?) as you look of the sudden raise of btc followed by eth and dash with ltc at end, some other cryptos are becoming higher as well - this is a wild west you never know for sure.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe not - only time will tell.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:30:25 PM

I don't believe the rise will be sustained. We are going back to 0.009 before the price consolidates and finds a solid floor above 0.01. There's also the risk of investors selling the news again just like what we saw with segwit getting locked in. One last dip before the rocket ignites.

It's also going to need continued good news otherwise the price will tend to stagnate until we see solid LN usage.

You know, price does not rise because of shorters, that do not give a shit about product, rather than earn a single satoshi. Despite that everything is possible, it will not go to 0.009, forget.  It was correcting for a month or so, now only up.

Fuck you shorters, lets prove LTC value! Smiley
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:44:20 PM

You know, price does not rise because of shorters, that do not give a shit about product, rather than earn a single satoshi. Despite that everything is possible, it will not go to 0.009, forget.  It was correcting for a month or so, now only up.

Fuck you shorters, lets prove LTC value! Smiley

I want LTC to rise, but it's looking to sharp of a rise. Also let's see how serious community is about LTC after segwit, because "sell the news" can happen, and we are going to see a big dip if that is the case.

I hope everything is good for the long term, but sharp rises have sharp falls and I will be there to buy cheap, sooner or later the good moment to buy will arrive, and no im not shorting.
TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 02:25:29 AM

Forget waiting, you may as well buy now as things are on the up both short and long term for a plethora of positive reasons, and the current price will look cheap later. If you'd bought at the time of the first post in this thread you could have bought at even lower. Don't make the same mistake. Just a bit of friendly advice.

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
OrangeP

Activity: 358

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:55:57 AM

Ltc has been at $45 before. A rise is fundamentally reasonable and was long overdue. Compare it to the 2016 Monero runaway market. Ltc above 25 seems rock solid. Of course it'll fall when the whole market declines, which is about to happen.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
SpectivVR

Activity: 364

Spectiv Crowdsale: December 8th

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:16:46 AM

LTC will eventually trace back down, but it may not retrace before the next rise. BTC has been on a run since $1200, with little retracing at all.

SpectivVR                                                           Crowdsale: 12/08 - 12/29
VR Streaming Platform & Attention Markets                    [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk   |   Slack   |   Twitter   |   LinkedIn   |   Medium   |   Facebook   |   Instagram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: