Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:05:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin - Largest Development Team Out Of All Alt-Currencies  (Read 947 times)
twelph (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:37:36 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2013, 10:50:40 PM by twelph

Benefits of Bytecoins:
  • Because Bytecoins has the exact same development team as the original Bitcoin, you can feel safe in knowing that all issues will be resolved in a timely fashion, and that development will never slow down or cease.
  • Proven against double spending. Are you aware that all of these other alternate crypto-currencies with faster confirmation times are not necessarily any more secure? Notice how exchanges require more confirmations from LTC than BTC. Much of the perceived quickness of the coins have nothing to do with security.
  • ASIC Proof is not a long term benefit. Sure it allows gamers to get in on the mining action, but you would be fooling yourself if you believe this will last forever. FPGAs are already being developed for Litecoins, and once LTC is traded on MTGOX, you can be assured that ASICs with larger memory capabilities will start being built to mine them.
  • Bytecoins are infinitely divisible. Having more of currency in circulation is not a benefit unless you are afraid of long numbers. mBTC and uBTC will soon be common terms in the bitcoin/bytecoin community.
  • Because BTE shares the same code as BTC, porting software and hardware applications from one to the other couldn't be any easier.
  • Bytecoins are the only current answer to the chain bloat being experienced by Bitcoins. Having an identical trusted currency that can take some of the weight off of the Bitcoin network will benefit both currencies in the long run.
  • You can start mining them now! The network difficulty is still low, early adopters are still welcome.
  • Yes there is an exhange! Head on over to http://bteex.com/

The perceived benefits of these other alt crypto-currencies are starting to worry me. If you have an argument for or against any of these points, feel free to post here! Yes I have a large holding of BTE, and yes this is my attempt to get this alt-currency back into the spotlight Tongue

Trustworthy Buyers: TTBit
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:40:49 PM

I was hoping this would have died already. Stop promoting shitcoins, thanks.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
twelph (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:43:21 PM

Out of curiosity, what would you consider not a shit-coin?

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:45:49 PM

Out of curiosity, what would you consider not a shit-coin?

Seeing how things are on here.... nothing outside of LTC and BTC ....

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
twelph (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:48:45 PM

Seeing how things are on here.... nothing outside of LTC and BTC ....

If you went by what's going on here, it would seem that Feathercoins have taken the top spot from LTC Smiley

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:20:26 PM

Ha ha,
Takes a lot of balls to bash alt currencies while selling Feathercoin. The ruler of shitcoins!
Byte-Gox

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:19:41 PM

You forgot fair distribution from the beginning, unlike Satoshi which still has 2 Million bitcoins hoarded. Scammer tag??
human

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:28:32 PM

Better buy NameCoin. Its the same like BitByteCoin except that it has an additional feature (for registering key/value pairs). Thus all your benefits apply to NameCoin, too.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 10:39:42 PM

Benefits of Bytecoins:
  • Because Bytecoins has the exact same development team as the original Bitcoin, you can feel safe in knowing that all issues will be resolved in a timely fashion, and that development will never slow down or cease.
  • Proven against double spending. Are you aware that all of these other alternate crypto-currencies with faster confirmation times are not necessarily any more secure? Notice how exchanges require more confirmations from LTC than BTC. Much of the perceived quickness of the coins have nothing to do with security.
  • ASIC Proof is not a long term benefit. Sure it allows gamers to get in on the mining action, but you would be fooling yourself if you believe this will last forever. FPGAs are already being developed for Litecoins, and once LTC is traded on MTGOX, you can be assured that ASICs with larger memory capabilities will start being built to mine them.
  • Bytecoins are infinitely divisible. Having more of currency in circulation is not a benefit unless you are afraid of long numbers. mBTC and uBTC will soon be common terms in the bitcoin/bytecoin community.
  • Because BTE shares the same code as BTC, porting software and hardware applications from one to the other could't be any easier.
  • Bytecoins are the only current answer to the chain bloat being experienced by Bitcoins. Having an identical trusted currency that can take some of the weight off of the Bitcoin network will benefit both currencies in the long run.
  • You can start mining them now! The network difficulty is still low, early adopters are still welcome.

The perceived benefits of these other alt crypto-currencies are starting to worry me. If you have an argument for or against any of these points, feel free to post here! Yes I have a large holding of BTE, and yes this is my attempt to get this alt-currency back into the spotlight Tongue

I agree with all of this logic, and this is why Bytecoin is my preferred altcoin.  This is why I believe Bytecoin will have value long term.

I like to have a lot of choices available, and I hope many of the altcoins become valuable.  But Bytecoin is likely to remain my top choice.

DryPowder

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:36:54 AM

I’m in from day 1; I’m throwing my hash power to TRC and BTE.

Keep Your Powder Dry
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:41:52 AM

Benefits of Bytecoins:
  • Because BTE shares the same code as BTC, porting software and hardware applications from one to the other couldn't be any easier.

hey thanks for the free promotion!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:43:03 AM

You forgot fair distribution from the beginning, unlike Satoshi which still has 2 Million bitcoins hoarded. Scammer tag??

satoshi earned his coins imo  Grin

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: