Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [LTC][EU/US][CPPSRB] Hypernova, your mining pool – 1% fee  (Read 16047 times)
Soak (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:16:32 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 10:02:58 AM by Soak

Hello! We are happy and proud to announce the opening of a new pool : Hypernova

We made sure to offer you the best experience with our pool, we have been working hard for that.

Advantages and features

• 1% fee: Because everyone want the maximum profit from mining, the pool only deduct 1% of total rewards for the variance handling, security, hosting, and humans time and efforts costs.
  • CPPSRB reward system: The best solution we have found to pay your work. Every share you send is paid an amount in LTC, relative to the current network difficulty. When the round reaches the threshold of 49.5 LTC (total reward block - 1% fee), the last shares needed to finish the rounds are shelved for later payments.
  • Custom difficulty per worker: You are free to choose the difficulty you want for each worker you set up on your account: 8 or 16 for CPU – 32, 64 or 128 for GPU.
  • User defined automatic payouts: Don't worry about waiting for rewards, simply define an auto-withdrawal amount and receive it when your balance is fulled.
  • Near from you: Hypernova want to give you the fastest ping possible to ensure a good quality of service. We have four load balancers (three in USA and one in Europe) for this task.
  • Nice web interface: Keep an eye on the pool, and your account with a clean, simple and an eye-catching web interface with detailed statistics and graphs, on your computer, tablet or smartphone, without problem.
  • Security: We don't joke with the security of the pool. SSL certificate and pin code for critical changes on the accounts like payments details.
  • Google Chrome notifications: Be alerted when a block is discovered without install any addon to Google Chrome. Simply turn on this option in your account and allow Hypernova to send you them.
  • Support and community: If problems arise or you simply want to talk, join us on IRC. We are on the #hypernova channel on Freenode server.

Technologies

• Powered by Prism: A custom solution for communicate with the protocol and distribute work to the workers. Coupled to low ping, you will get the lowest amount of rejected shares that you ever seen. Exclusive to Hypernova.
  • Powered by Stratum or Long Polling proxy: You are free to choose which protocol to use, depending of what your miner support. Stratum is the recommended protocol for the best efficiency. In harmony with Prism, Stratum will give you the best efficiency you have never seen before. If you choose the Long Polling interface, note that you use a proxy on the back-end which communicate transparently with Stratum.
  • IPv4 and IPv6: Hypernova supports both protocols, and your computer will choose automatically the one it expect to etablish the connection.

How to join us?

First of all, you need to create an account on Hypernova, then create a first worker.

• Address: mining.eu.hypernova.pw for Europe, mining.usa.hypernova.pw for North America (East coast), mining.usa.dallas.hypernova.pw for North America (Inland) or mining.usa.la.hypernova.pw for North America (West coast).
  • Port: For Stratum (recommended if your miner support it), use 3333. For Long Polling proxy, use 9332.
  • Username: You must register an account and create a worker. Once that done, simply put Username.Worker as username in the miner (e.g. John.Home)
  • Password: Your worker password

cgminer example: cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://mining.usa.hypernova.pw:3333 -u John.Home -p 12345

Feedback

Please fell free to post in this topic if you have any suggestions, concerns or issues with the pool. We hope to see you soon on Hypernova!

Also, please note that grammatical errors can be on the website, because we are not native English speakers. Thank you for kindly helping us by sending your corrections to feedback@hypernova.pw or on IRC (not here to avoid the flood about it on the forum).

Pool back-end developer is M0nsieurChat, front-end developer is Soak. Only officials and accurate informations will come from both.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:30:23 PM

Can't connect with info given here. Account created etc. but timing out. Never mind. Tried using stratum which is apparently not available.

DISREGARD!
Soak (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:42:11 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2013, 09:58:50 PM by Soak

Can't connect with info given here. Account created etc. but timing out. Never mind. Tried using stratum which is apparently not available.

DISREGARD!

It would really be helpful if you could describe your problem. As we are looking on the statistics, you are currently mining on the pool and already have a bunch of logged shares.

We don't use Stratum because we have coded our own software to distribute work, called Prism. Stratum is a good protocol for ASIC stuff but not better with GPU, so that's a natural choice for Litecoin.
phrozenspite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 09:50:25 PM

this is going to be an odd question perhaps but could you confirm that the pay system is definitely rbpps.  wemineltc had said theirs was rbpps but was actually just proportional.  i guess the simplest way to clarify this, on long rounds is it possible for the pool to take a loss and make it up on short rounds

Soak (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:58:52 PM

this is going to be an odd question perhaps but could you confirm that the pay system is definitely rbpps.  wemineltc had said theirs was rbpps but was actually just proportional.  i guess the simplest way to clarify this, on long rounds is it possible for the pool to take a loss and make it up on short rounds

We never lost or gain more money than we should because we pay the miners per shares submitted, proportionnaly to their work and the shares difficulty. The pool take 1% and we distribute the rest to the miners who participed to the round, accordingly to their work.

So I can say we are a really strict RBPPS pool, nothing more, nothing less.
phrozenspite

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

Ah, i'm not sure, that sounds like a score based or proportional system still.  Am i correct that including the 1% fee that no more or less is paid with this pool than the 50 ltc every round divided according to people's weighted contributions whether its a 5 share round or a 5 million share round?

TheSwede75

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:59:09 AM

I have been mining for 6+ hours at around 500+ KH/S and seem stuck. We haven't found a block etc. Over 5k reported by miner but somehow hypernova reports almost none. Also not updating hash rate. What is up with the pool? I am 'TheSwede' and have 2 workers (just stopped both as it seems nothing it working).
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 06:20:33 AM

Gave it a  test...
Threw 50Kh/s at it , and it reported 10..........

Did the same to "us.litecoinpool.org" and it reported 55kh/s

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
Soak (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:24:36 PM

Ah, i'm not sure, that sounds like a score based or proportional system still.  Am i correct that including the 1% fee that no more or less is paid with this pool than the 50 ltc every round divided according to people's weighted contributions whether its a 5 share round or a 5 million share round?

We distribute 50 LTC-1% so 49.5 LTC to all miners who mined on the previous "pool round" (in fact we calculate pending earnings every time we found a block, and we upgrade balance after 120 confirmations) proportionally to the work they submitted, taking into account the difficulty of every share submitted to adjust the earnings, obviously.

M0nsieurChat, the back-end developer wait for his account to be white-listed, I think he will detail more how works the things behind the scenes.

For information, shares under the "round facts" block on the account is not accurate for the moment, we working on that. The shares used for the payout calculation are still valid, you don't have to worry about that.

And a very good news, we just found our first block!
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:11:11 PM

Does indeed seem to be catching up with stats etc. Good job!
phrozenspite

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 03:04:33 PM

Yeah, I don't mean to be a downer but that was my concern. Your described system is proportional/score based not rbpps. Round based pay per share is like regular pay per share where each weighted share has a fixed value in coins calculated based on expected number of shares at that current difficulty.  The difference comes in rbpps waits till a block is found and confirmed, and doesn't pay orphans.  Check coinotrons https://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=statistics round stats, some rounds they only pay out a small amount of coin, others over the block reward if it goes longer.
Might want to rethink the description, there was a lot of disappointment and confusion over pay at wemineltc which is why I asked.

M0nsieurChat

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:20:24 AM

I didn't knew it was taking ~2 days to be able to post on this forum.. So here it is : Hi ! I'm M0nsieurChat, the co-founder of Hypernova.

Okay sorry for confusing you with using the term RBPPS.
Here is an example to be clear: Hypernova needed 1000 shares to solves its block. Bob submitted 300 shares, Sarah 300 shares as well and Josh 400 shares. Bob will get 15 LTC, Sarah 15 LTC aswell and Josh 20 LTC.

We called it Round Based Pay Per Share because at every end of a round (aka round based), we finally know how much shares the pool needed to solve this block. As we know the network's reward : 50 LTC.
As we know the reward and the total shares needed, we can extrapolate the price per share.
As we know aswell every the number shares individually submitted by every of its miners, we can safely and easy know how much we need to pay them.

So sorry again for that confusion. Hope the example above is understable.

PS : We need more hashrate to solve blocks quicker and get paid quicker !
Soak (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:57:53 AM

I changed the reward system to Proportional because at the end that's what we use Wink

We need more people to give it a try and some word of mouth, help us to grow Grin
willhash4food

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:16:00 PM

Nice proportional pool. Layout is top notch. 96% efficiency and rising!

They see me minin'... they hatin'...
Woshie

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:20:32 PM

How come there's a 16 character limit on the account password? I'm a big fan of long passwords, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Smiley
Soak (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:33:24 PM

How come there's a 16 character limit on the account password? I'm a big fan of long passwords, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Smiley

16 caracters are enough for a pool account, if you choose a secure password with some random letters and numbers. We store passwords with encryption don't worry about that. Wink
M0nsieurChat

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:11:16 PM

Hypernova found its 2nd block ! Thanks for all miners supporting us from the beginning (or from 10 minute ago).

We're really starting to get serious and efficient.

100 LTC's redistributed and counting...
Soak (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:31:05 PM

We found 3 blocks since the launch one week ago Grin

Thanks to all our members who came mine on our pool these days, that was not simple because we spotted some bugs but now we are in a good shape and all the bugs will be fixed in the next days. We created this pool to propose a robust alternative to others one, so we want to keep our promise.

We have focused on security and we have implemented a 4-digits pin code for critical changes on the accounts like payments details. Tonight we will implement SSL certification.

We are always in need of miners, the more we are, the less time we take to find blocks. Everybody is welcome Smiley
M0nsieurChat

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:51:12 PM

As Soak said, we've doubled our hashrate the last 24h. Thanks to all of you !

The website is now accessible with HTTPS and SSL is enforced on the old links to the HTTP website.

Come visit us a http://hypernova.pw and give us our chance !

Already 4 blocks since opening..
Cazz0r

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:37:07 AM

I'm loving this pool so far, kudos to M0nsieurChat and Soak!

I've found a couple bugs which have been sorted out really fast, over the course of the last week I've seen various new features added to the site and the continual development and involvement both admins show is outstanding, the community is slowing building in IRC and everybody is friendly. I really hope the speed for this pool takes off and more people come to, what I feel, is one of the better pools going.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: