Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:20:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are bitcons getting old? THE STATE OF BITCOINS.  (Read 1968 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:40:30 PM

are bitcoins getting old to you.  for those that have been in it at least a year or more what are your feelings on bitcoins?  Are you still excited for them? about them? still see a future with them? are your board with them? getting old? same old bullshit kinda up kinda down....its a huge bubble its going to go to fifty cents....its going to be ten thousand dollars in three weeks!!!.

all this is starting to get over played dont your think? what can we do besides cashing in and walking away....or cashing out.

let me know your thoughts on THE STATE OF BITCOINS?
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:45:16 PM

With the amount of money I've been making there is no way this is getting old. It just keeps getting MORE exciting. I've been here since a couple weeks before the June 2011 crash.
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:59:00 PM

Ya bitcoins is old already.... considering that you can probably still go out in the real world and only get maybe at best 4/10 people who might have heard of it, let alone know how to use it or did their research on it,

like nameless the amount of money some of these businesses are making due to bitcoin are unmatched, not only that nothing will make them as much money as their current lucrative business because of bitcoin,

fundamentals are always going to be the same in bitcoin which is that we have a limited number of coins in the end with an undetermined marketcap its like having shares in a company except in this case bitcoin is the company and we have so many hands working towards its success

Amagi metals reports like 3 quarter million since the acceptance of bitcoin and MTGox is on the fast-track to being billionaires if not already,

bitcoin is not old at all its not even known about yet
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:06:19 PM

With the amount of money I've been making there is no way this is getting old. It just keeps getting MORE exciting. I've been here since a couple weeks before the June 2011 crash.

VERY NICE! good job man, please dont let me "start date" fool you.  I have been in bitcoins since they were 2.50 BEFORE the crash. i was buy and using them. i used up all my coins and was doing life things like getting married and all that fun stuff when i went back to BTC i was likeWFT why are they so expensive! five bucks!!! I had no idea that they had gone all the way up to 32 and dropped, i was buying when the dust was just settling, i would buy and use or sell just a few here and there maybe a few hundred worth ya know like 58 coins here 230 coins there. no big deal. then the steady climb started and didnt take it sirious till it was above 20. and at 40 i was like ok i gotta get some more....and keeeep them this time. so at 60 ( it was going so fast then ) i got me some.   

i loved the climb and even the dip, though i lost money, was exciting. now its just kinda... there.

like the old saying goes "if it aint got that swing, it dont mean a thing"
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

Ya bitcoins is old already.... considering that you can probably still go out in the real world and only get maybe at best 4/10 people who might have heard of it, let alone know how to use it or did their research on it,

like nameless the amount of money some of these businesses are making due to bitcoin are unmatched, not only that nothing will make them as much money as their current lucrative business because of bitcoin,

fundamentals are always going to be the same in bitcoin which is that we have a limited number of coins in the end with an undetermined marketcap its like having shares in a company except in this case bitcoin is the company and we have so many hands working towards its success

Amagi metals reports like 3 quarter million since the acceptance of bitcoin and MTGox is on the fast-track to being billionaires if not already,

bitcoin is not old at all its not even known about yet

im talking about the people that have been in it for a year or more. the ones that watch the ticker all day as one of there tabs while at work or have the laptop open at home with the constant bitcoinity chart going in the background while making dinner.  I am not talking about bitcoin itself, or if its dying.  I think its just in the beginning stages of the beginning stages of just almost starting to begin to begin but has not begun  Wink

guess after two and a half years of being excited i hit a "wall" today. just kinda was like huh. mabe i just need a break from bit and come back in a year and see how loaded i am:)
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:14:22 PM

there are millionaires being made with bitcoin absolutely not, as someone who has been doing exactly that for longer than 1 year I can say that nothing will ever make me as much money as bitcoin did and im well aware of that,
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:16:41 PM

Maybe you're thinking too short term with this? Zoom out and see what has happened the past two years. Bitcoin needs time to grow, it's a bottom-up movement and the infrastructure needs to be built up around it so you'll have to have patience. If all you do is speculate on the price then you might not see the forest for the trees.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Gab1159

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:19:16 PM

No not at all. Bitcoin is the most exciting experiment I've ever been part of.
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:36:59 PM

In 5 years people who burned out or gave up on bitcoin are going to regret it. Probably.

Seeing as to how young bitcoin is, what more can I say, this is is just the beginning. Probably.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:26:36 AM

In 5 years people who burned out or gave up on bitcoin are going to regret it. Probably.

Seeing as to how young bitcoin is, what more can I say, this is is just the beginning. Probably.

i think your probably right, probably.  Wink

no!!! not selling. ill be into BTC for at least three more years.

just cant wait for the next boom. 
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:28:59 AM

there are millionaires being made with bitcoin absolutely not, as someone who has been doing exactly that for longer than 1 year I can say that nothing will ever make me as much money as bitcoin did and im well aware of that,

made you millions?

its funny if i put that 2,000 into bitc instead of this other stock at the time i put the 2k into that stock i would have 212,000.00 pay off my house and rub my body in yay. haha. now that stock is worth pennys. damnit!!!!!!!
UltimateReaper

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:35:05 AM

i think your probably right, probably.  Wink

no!!! not selling. ill be into BTC for at least three more years.

just cant wait for the next boom. 

Well probably.  Cheesy

I'm tied up on getting my BTC so I can't do anything but wait for a while anyway. I've got no real resources so I'm going to develop my own Bushido and patiently trade on the exchanges through the highs in lows in an effort to gain a little bit more BTC at a time. A far more disciplined form of "day trading".

And same I plan to be here for a long, long time. Hopefully.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:13:15 AM

I do not really watch the ticker all day, I check on it when I come into work and have a page open that shows a price but up or down is no big deal to me. It was a wild ride in the $2-$8 (imagine swings from $100 to $400 and back) range during the Bitcoinica manipulator days.

Now I am just focussed upon getting a Bitcoin business going and moving from a life where I used government currency to bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:28:38 AM

So, basically, your problem with bitcoin is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkB-VQviLI

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bitcoin ain't never gettin old, but I'll tell you what's getting old, is this U.S. Dollars crap I've had in my wallet, I've been using them since I was 5 and they just keep depreciating, it's like every year they're worth less and less. It's almost like someone's printing way too many of them... It's a hassle to pay electronically with them, not to mention insecure (I have to give a merchant my CC number to pay, have to give a person my bank account number on my check to pay, no such thing as a tx number tied to that individual transaction so you don't have to trust merchants to not commit fraud.) It's like we live in an alternate universe where asymmetric key cryptography doesn't exist and the double spending problem hasn't been solved. This paper fiat is SO getting old, man.  Wink

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:25:43 AM

yes, i'm getting older, every day.  Wink
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:48:27 AM

a bunch of joksters up in here huh  Wink   Grin Grin Grin  ive lost that loven feeeelin when i held, i saw the drop.... i knew it was a bubble.... but i held. i know it will bounce back and im not hurten. i spent like 40 coins and im still not down.... well with that last purchase i might be. but still i got a lot of goods for free.... in a way. 

ya i think tomorrow morning i wont be "board" with bitcoins anymore.....ill be more like.... yawn...... check puter..... rub eyes.....wate for it......... yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooowwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeee yaho yaho wooopppiii  (yes i live in a 50s western)
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:21:50 AM

I haven't been around since the early days (I'm very far from an early adopter), but as an 18 year old, I have made a damn nice amount of money simply through technical knowledge and mining. In fact, I plan on buying myself a nice Subaru Impreza WRX pretty soon with my profits.  Cool
UltimateReaper

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:35:15 AM

I haven't been around since the early days (I'm very far from an early adopter), but as an 18 year old, I have made a damn nice amount of money simply through technical knowledge and mining. In fact, I plan on buying myself a nice Subaru Impreza WRX pretty soon with my profits.  Cool

OTZ I'm probably one of the few poeple who knew about bitcoin within the first year of it's beginnings... and yet... I couldn't even buy a subaru sombrero with my profits..  Cheesy Okay I'll be fair, I could probably get 2 dozen sombreros if I buy in bulk  Grin
http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/m/m_s/madao_70309-480x360.jpg
I got into trading really late, the end of my first month of trading is drawing near. But this is just the beginning! I've been studying the market and learning more everyday. I've learned a hell ton of lessons within a very short period time. Armed with my new found knowledge I expect my next month of trading to be mucho bueno
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:25:45 PM

My opinion is that we "Just got started". For the mainstream Bitcoin never existed until April 2013, there's going to be more and more interest in crypto currency, alot of new ventures are just jumping in, just think of all the other markets stocks and commodity, the vast majority are dry or provide petty returns or require huge complicated investments. Even if you don't look at it from a speculative point of view, its potential as a currency is just incredible.

I remember Gold & silver felt "old" back in 2007, its been rising for years and everyone was talking about how its going to crash or stabilize, but people who invested at the time in it made a killing today. I think we are at that "early" stage, and with the support of the bitcoin community i hope to see it grow .

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:41:01 PM

My opinion is that we "Just got started". For the mainstream Bitcoin never existed until April 2013, there's going to be more and more interest in crypto currency, alot of new ventures are just jumping in, just think of all the other markets stocks and commodity, the vast majority are dry or provide petty returns or require huge complicated investments. Even if you don't look at it from a speculative point of view, its potential as a currency is just incredible.

I agree about just getting started, but I also think we are still pretty far from the mainstream.  While this forum may have 100k members (18k in the month of April) - seeing only 39k on r/Bitcoin (#341 of all subreddits) when a subreddit like r/LeagueOfLegends has 266k subscribers is very telling. 

It just seems like the people who have spent time learning about it and really wrapping their heads around it see the value, while maybe one in ten people I talk to outside of these forums have even heard about it, much less understand it.

I have tried to tell the people close to me about it just so they can learn and make their own decisions.  Cryptocurrency's potential to be a disruptive force in finance, is as you say, incredible.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: