Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:41:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny articles about legal Marijuana business cash problem  (Read 296 times)
leopard2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:51:31 PM

Just stumbled over this one

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/13/the-biggest-problem-facing-marijuana-dispensaries-is-banking/

Hilarious. Hmmm, I heard about this fancy new thing, Bitmoney or whatsitcalled, works over the interwebs they say, maybe you guys know more about this? Perhaps that would help  Cheesy

Truth is the new hatespeech.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:05:20 PM

Just stumbled over this one

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/13/the-biggest-problem-facing-marijuana-dispensaries-is-banking/

Hilarious. Hmmm, I heard about this fancy new thing, Bitmoney or whatsitcalled, works over the interwebs they say, maybe you guys know more about this? Perhaps that would help  Cheesy
I'm still surprised that weed shops are having a hard time finding places to operate as banks for them. I would have expected for them to be a lot more support from at least a few people somewhere.

They might be able to operate using Bitcoin, but during market trends like the ones we're experiencing it might be hard for them to find confidence in maintaining any sort of serious stockpile of Bitcoin without selling off fairly quickly and ending up with a bunch of fiat held in an exchange.

Either way, they should look into it. It solves a lot of their financial security issues pretty quickly.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:28:24 PM

It's not new. Companies dealing with drugs which are legal in one state can only use banks which only operate in that state, not banks operating in all US states.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:35:17 PM

Banks are prejudiced against medical marijuana dispensaries and workers in the adult entertainment industry.

DEA (Drug enforcement agency) which is under federal control routinely robs medical marijuana dispensaries also, confiscating all the cash they have on hand, which never makes it into the evidence bin and instead ends up in the pockets of the DEA.

There is a strange conflict between state level gov which legalize medical marijuana, and the federal government which operates the DEA and uses it as a tool to rob and harass medical marijuana retailers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: