Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:46:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10000 PIVX STOLEN  (Read 6530 times)
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:03:08 AM

This is really heartbreaking. I am really sorry. I am glad you were able to find out exactly how your coins got stolen. Don't blame yourself, learn from the experience. Isht like this happens. As for the thief, may he burn in hell.
easytipz

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:52:56 AM

So, you gave your private key to a scammer.
God bless you.
vanarebane

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:15:59 AM

It is very weird, theoretically it is impossible to be hacked if you have this way to protect your computer, maybe your computer has keylogger. That could be the answer.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:16:54 AM

Wow read almost all of this. Moral of the story make sure to encrypt your wallet. Never share your private key with anyone for any reason. Do not trust people the first time you meet them on slack with your money. Know tricks that people can use to have you give them your private key. Last do more research and get more experience before attempting to set up a master node.
Cryptoadvisors

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:42:58 AM

Hi guys, yes the guy posed in PIVX support with pivx logo. I was asking for support for several days on slack and i real admin i think just said to me to watch tutorials on youtube or on their channel. I was really glad when someone help me with good codes. I didn't give up any private key or something else, and the wallet was encrypted. After i wrongly downloaded the filezilla with block and chains files to get up to date on my wallet, instantly after finishing downloading the pivx flew away from my wallet. Normally the real devs called me also stupid for downloading the file, which i was. And they banned the user and then they refused to give up his account email to send him an email begging for my coins back. All the pivx, Mike's and mine and others are in the same wallet where i can see them. Strange is that the thief didn't use any...
nightpainter

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:23:45 PM

I was hacked by a Slack user for a different altcoin.

He lead me through the steps to setup a UNIX server. One of the commands he fed me was a get command to fetch a trojan virus.

When generating the wallet, I suspect the trojan sent him my .dat file. Before I had a chance to encrypt it.
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:59:40 AM

Forgive me for the retro post but he gave him his masternode priv key.  It’s not the same as a real priv key, right?

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
Cryptoadvisors

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:14:27 PM

I myself didn't gave anything. i just downloaded an infected file and my money left the wallet after download. 10.000 pivx.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:20:02 PM

Hello, yesterday 10000 pivx were stolen from my encrypted wallet. My computer knowledge is good I have removed malware and viruses from hundreds of computers as I did it for a job for few years. Is it possible that I have been hacked is for someone to send me a key logger and then transfer my PIVX wallet.dat to their computer and then transfer funds out?
At the time of the transaction I was setting up the masternode and asked for help on slack. Maybe someone from pivx slack saw my post hacked me?
I have traced the transaction... it ended up here

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/address.php?address=DC2zB4fnzEaYyjc4SbzVgJSxAXUtK4Vk6Y

I will give a reward to anyone who can help with the discovery of my stolen coins

I am very sorry about the whole hacking incidence. Please try to careful next time. I have had this same bitter experience with my ETH wallet and I know how painful is it. I know somebody will come out to help you. Too bad!
angohanta

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:23:27 PM

As long as oyu kept your keys safe, this is impossible to happen. So it's most likely someone has either access to your pc or you go infected with malware that can steal data i.e. keylogger. Also double check evertyhing you click online, chances are there might be phishing attempts that you might not be aware of. Hopefully you can figure it out and prevent such future attacks.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:26:14 PM

Shut the fuck off, dont you see that this thread is from MAY 2017? are you blind? Or you are simple just not reading the entire thread before posting? came on, do not be so lazy, what a shit poster.
As long as oyu kept your keys safe, this is impossible to happen. So it's most likely someone has either access to your pc or you go infected with malware that can steal data i.e. keylogger.
And you do not need to be an expert to know that you can not share your private key, and that you need to keep it safe, are you a newbie or what? I am tired of this kind of people who are always trying to justify everything without not even knowing how to use an offline wallet.

Hello
angohanta

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:51:44 PM

Shut the fuck off, dont you see that this thread is from MAY 2017? are you blind? Or you are simple just not reading the entire thread before posting? came on, do not be so lazy, what a shit poster.
As long as oyu kept your keys safe, this is impossible to happen. So it's most likely someone has either access to your pc or you go infected with malware that can steal data i.e. keylogger.
And you do not need to be an expert to know that you can not share your private key, and that you need to keep it safe, are you a newbie or what? I am tired of this kind of people who are always trying to justify everything without not even knowing how to use an offline wallet.

Here comes someone raging all of a sudden, are you on a period or somethin'? lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: