Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-05-04]Op-Ed: Bitcoin scaling is pushed by the minority who “play for real”  (Read 7917 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 03:15:06 AM

Chapter 0 Introduction

What is the determining force that affects the development of Bitcoin’s onchain scaling? Three groups, users,miners and developers, almost unanimously hope to onchain scaling, except as mall part of bitcoin core developers. Most obstacles to the hard fork have been eliminated bu the obstacle from the Core developers cannot be passed.

Why?  I have always been confused about this.

I once read one article in Wan Weigang’s Elite Daily Class, which cited one article of Taleb—The Most Intolerant Wins:The Dictatorship of the  Minority. This article analyzed one principle from the perspective of philosophers and clearly explained that people who push the history forward are never the “main-school scholars’ consensus” or “democratic selections”, but a small minority who extremely insist on “playing for real”.

After reading the articles of Wan Weigang and Taleb, I can’t help sighing and comprehended that the size of Bitcoin’s block has been locked by several people who insist on “playing for real” and insist on the 1M block.

Chapter I  It is people who insist on “playing for real”that push the history forward

In his article,Taleb first mentioned the concept of “skin-in-the-game”, which means “one’s interests are in it”, namely one who has spent real money in it. When saying that you are “skin-in-the-game” in a certain field, it means you are “playing for real’.

What corresponds to it is “crowds who eat the melon” (the by-standers who watch the show  is called the crowds who eat the melon).

http://news.8btc.com/op-ed-bitcoin-scaling-is-pushed-by-the-minority-who-play-for-real

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:44:06 AM

Nice article. Taleb is also the author of "Black Swan", a very influential book that addressed the root causes of the 2008 financial crash in USA.

Here is the source article: https://medium.com/incerto/the-most-intolerant-wins-the-dictatorship-of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15#.z5ry4bucq
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: