Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:06:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Much Does Ethereum Inflate By?  (Read 517 times)
fintekneeks (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 10:09:47 AM

We ask what Ethereum's inflation rate is while looking at the historic information on this topic as well as the latest assertions.  In addition, since Ether and Bitcoin are almost always compared to each other (even if they're solving different problems), we look at this assertion.

One point I want to make about bitcoinaires: most of them own both Ether and Bitcoin.  Don't mistake a bitcoin maximalist for a bitcoinaire and vice versa.  A person can like both projects and understand their differences.  The cryptosphere as a whole will evolve with projects solving other problems, so anyone with the attitude of bitcoin vs. everything (and this is a very small group) is going to misunderstand the future.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
romanturbo

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:18:50 AM

Its an interesting question. I've been investigating this coin but...
I cant see nothing good about it.

It doesnt seem to have any kind of fixed supply. So..... will it be inflating forever?
Is Vitalik some sort of "trusted setup"?
Doesn't it seems like Too Centralized? A guy can do whatever he wants with the coin.

Please correct me if im wrong. But its hard to me seeing the benefits of this, and not a ponzi scheme.
fintekneeks (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 12:48:37 AM

For what Ether aims to be for (ultimately the token for the Ethereum platform), the token itself must be adaptable.  When it began, it had an infinite inflation rate of 18 million a year - though as gas was burned, the supply would be reduced.  The community is evaluating this now and the reason is simple: is this a good model for a token that must be used for Ethereum?  Will this work with a POS future - if they definitely go this route?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: