Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:44:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to build core wallet as standalone file  (Read 404 times)
bitfawkes (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:58:46 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a way to build a coin wallet for linux in standalone file, when I build any wallet it depends from library I use to compile it, and for example if I remove from system libdb5.1-dev the wallet doesn't start... It does't happens with precompiled daemon like bitcoind or dogecoind downloaded from ufficial page. I'm asking, what is the way to build a coin from source including all package it need? I don't find a tutorial or guide to do it, can someone help me?

thanks.

bitfawkes

Sometimes people who no one imagined could do certain things, those who do things that no one can imagine.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

In order for a standalone binary to work, it needs to be statically linked. Bitcoin Core does this through its depends system which builds all of the dependencies and statically links them to the Bitcoin Core binaries. However most altcoins don't do this because most altcoin devs do not understand all of the intricacies involved in making the Bitcoin Core releases.

bitfawkes (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:12:26 PM

In order for a standalone binary to work, it needs to be statically linked. Bitcoin Core does this through its depends system which builds all of the dependencies and statically links them to the Bitcoin Core binaries. However most altcoins don't do this because most altcoin devs do not understand all of the intricacies involved in making the Bitcoin Core releases.

You have been great in your explanation, can you in tell me a tutorial to link libraries statically? My target is to be able to compile any wallet and to run it in a system it have no libraries installed as bitcoin yet do.

Sometimes people who no one imagined could do certain things, those who do things that no one can imagine.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 05:18:25 PM

You have been great in your explanation, can you in tell me a tutorial to link libraries statically? My target is to be able to compile any wallet and to run it in a system it have no libraries installed as bitcoin yet do.
Bitcoin Core builds the binaries through the gitian build system which you can read about here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md and here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-process.md. If you use the same process for an altcoin (assuming that the dependencies and gitian descriptors are correct), then you will get standalone binaries.

bitfawkes (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:07:16 PM

Bitcoin Core builds the binaries through the gitian build system which you can read about here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md and here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-process.md. If you use the same process for an altcoin (assuming that the dependencies and gitian descriptors are correct), then you will get standalone binaries.

You have been kindly, I appreciate. Have a nice time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: