Bitcoin Forum
October 22, 2017, 04:18:39 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best EU country to tax profit on crypto currency trading  (Read 4644 times)
AjithBtc

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:02:36 PM

Berlin serving as the technical hub for digital growth of the country haven't regulated much on the taxation over the bitcoin and other digital currencies. Based on this I think Germany could be making a better profiting if they make regulatory steps to tax based on certain limitations.

▄██████████████    █████████████▄
    ▄██▀                                                       ▀██▄
   ██▀                                                              ▀██
 ██                                                                     ██
██                                                                       ██
 ██▄                                                                   ██
  ▀██▄                                                            ▄██▀
     ▀██▄▄                                                    ▄██▀
          ▀█████████████   █████████████▀▀
                                         ██
Cash Poker Pro
   ♠    ♦    ♣    ♥ 
              ▒▓██ ░░░ ▓█▓▒             
           ▓██████     ██████▓         
        ░▓███▓▓███ ░░░ ▓███▓████▒       
       ▓████▓▓████████████▓██████▓     
      ░░░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▒▒██▓█████▓▒░░░     
          ░███▓▒▒▓██████▒░▒███▒         
    ▓▒   ░██▓▓█████████████▓▒██▒   ░▓   
    ███▓▒██▓░▓████      ▓███░▒██▒▒███▒ 
   ▓███████▓██████  ██▓▓█████▓████████ 
   ███▓███▓▒██████      █████▒▓██▓▓▓██ 
   ▓██▓███▓░██████████  █████▒▓██▓▓▓██ 
   ▓███████▓▓█████      █████▓███████▓ 
    ███▒▒██▓░▓██████████████░▓██▒▒███░ 
    ▒▒   ░██▓▓█████████████▓▓██▒   ░▒   
      ░   ░███▓░▒▓█▓▓▓██▒░▓███▒   ░     
       ░▒▓██████▓██▒▒▒██▓██████▓▒░     
       ▒████▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓████▓     
         ▓██▓▓▓███  ░░ ▓██▓▓███▓░       
           ▒██████     ██████▓         
              ░▒▓█ ░░░ ▓█▓░             
Anonymity Fair Play Cryptocurrency New Platforms
А platform that will change the world of poker!
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█
                   JOIN US!
ICO Starts: Oct 26th 2017 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:16:32 PM

Berlin serving as the technical hub for digital growth of the country haven't regulated much on the taxation over the bitcoin and other digital currencies. Based on this I think Germany could be making a better profiting if they make regulatory steps to tax based on certain limitations.
In germany, like in 50% of EU countries, your profits are taxed based on your income, so add profit to income and tax it.

But there is 1 thing that can make germany bitcoin-tax heaven:
If you holded the bitcoins for one year or more, the profits are tax free.

░▓█████████████████▓░
          ▒▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒██▓▒░
      ░▒▓███▓                 ▒██▓▓▒░░    ░
▓▒███████▓▒        ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░    ░▓▓▓██▓▓▓▒▓
▒░██▒░░         ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓██▓▒     ░ ▒▓▓░▓
░▒▓█▒         ▒█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓████▓▓▒   ▒█▓▒▒
 ▒░██        ██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░██▒   ██▒▒
 ▓░▓█▒      ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░░▒▒▒░░▒▓██▓   ▒██░▒
 ░▓░█▓     ▓█▓▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒   ██░▓░
  ▓▒▒█▓  ▓▒█▓▒▒▓▓▒░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █▒  ██▓░▓
   █░▒█▓ ▓███▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ▓█  ██▓ ▓
    █░▓█▓ ░██▓███▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓██  ██▓░▓
    ░█░▒██  ░ ░▓███████▓██████▒  ██▒░▓
      █▒░██▓      ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ▓██░▒▓
       ▓▓░▒██▒               ▒██▓░▓▓
        ░█▓░▓██▒           ▒██▓░▓█░
          ▒█▓░▓██▓       ▓██▓▒▓█▒
            ▒█▓▒▒███░ ▒███▒▒▓█▒
              ▒██▓▒▓███▓▒▒██▒
                ░▓██▒▒▒███░
                   ▒███▒

vsyc

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:42:40 PM

After getting some good, but still limited responses, I assume that most people just do not declare income from crypto currency Cheesy
HAARP

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:04:33 PM

Slovakia is a country you don't pay any tax for bitcoin withdrawals. I've lived there 4 years and bitcoin is seemed very legal by the government authorities.
zeze18

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:48:49 PM

You may be lucky to take advantage of this opportunity, because usually a country that declares legal bitcoin will always have binding rules for bitcoin tax payments.

=

▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀              ▀▀▄▄
     ▄▀         █▄          ▀▄
   ▄▀  █       ▄█████▄       █  ▀▄
  █▀ ███      █████████      ███ ▀█
 █  ████      █████████      ████  █
▄▀ █████      █████████      █████ ▀▄
█  █████      █████████      █████  █
▀▄ █████      █████████      █████ ▄▀
 █  █████     █████████     █████  █
  █▄  ████     ▀█████▀     ████  ▄█
   ▀▄  ▀███      ▀▀      ████  ▄▀
     ▀▄   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄▀
       ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▀▀
           ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
UNIFY

██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
      ██
﹝ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD 〕  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ THE COIN YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!●●
..COMMUNITY BASED PROJECT FUNDING PLATFORM..

██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
      ██
=
FACEBOOK
TELEGRAM
TWITTER   

Thule

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:26:20 PM

Have a look at estonia or Bulgaria if you want to open a company
mohawk38

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:11:23 PM

There is a thing called 'tax residency' that might be different from you citizenship. By default, you are 'tax resident' of the country that you are citizen of.

From the moment when you've sold your crypto for fiat money ('tax event' happened), you owe the chunk of that amount to the tax authorities of the country(-ies) where you are 'tax resident'. No exceptions.

With the new OECD CRS reporting system, there is no way your tax inspectors would remain unaware about your actions with foreign bank accounts. All your transactions made in almost any country will be reported to your tax authorities automatically. And if you did not report it, then it's a big 'red flag' for them.

But if you are unhappy with the level of capital gains tax in your own country, you can change your 'tax residency' to a more favorable one, still keeping your citizenship.

Let's for instance assume that you are the resident of Latvia, where tax share of bitcoin proceeds might reportedly be as high as 31% (by the way, Latvian tax authorities do not care about the European tendency to tax cryptos with capital gains tax, offering instead to pay income tax in full - that might be the case in your country too). So you've made a decision to become a tax resident of 'Bitcoin tax heaven' - Germany.

1. You have to come to Germany, get a legal address (rent a flat), get a rental agreement, register with local authorities, get a bank account. Ideally, start doing something that would make you a local taxpayer (get a job).
2. Live there happily for more than 183 days in a calendar year. After that, you are legally tax resident of Germany. Prepare to fill in local tax forms.
3. Now the hardest part: give up the tax residency of your original country. It is not enough just to inform them (no country is happy to lose taxpayers): you have to prove that you have the 'substance' - present the documents from German tax office, prove that you live there and pay taxes there, have no plans to return, and have no many remaining 'connections' with your original country (most obvious - don't own real estate there).

If you've made it - OK, just be careful, if you are planning to get back to your original country after 'everything is done' - you will be considered German tax resident for 6 more years, since the moment you've left the country.

Whether it is so easy with German '0% tax' for cryptocurrencies after holding it for 1 year - not sure. There are some additional conditions, and one have to contact a tax lawyer beforehand. Also bear in mind that this rule might change sooner or later.

As VC George noted, offshore bank account might be a solution, but again (excluding all other potential problems), that would be a 'corporate' bank account. Are there any reputable crypto exchanges that would allow you to withdraw your money to a 'corporate' account? Bitstamp. for example, states explicitly that it works only with private accounts.
Janinho

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:40:25 PM

Thank you for this very comprehensive reply. Best info I have found so far on the web. I am planning to take a similar move, but it is very hard to find reliable info.

I am a UK resident *but Italian citizen. I am planning to move to a country with 0% tax on capital gains to withdraw profits made with cryptos and then purchase real estate in the UK with those earnings.

I wonder:

- whether this is possible or any restrictions would apply from the UK govt side
- what countries (in EU or outside) offer 0% taxation on crypto earnings. I hear Malta and Slovenia but can't find any confirmations. Costa Rica and Malaysia look more likely but probably harder to become tax resident of (just speculating).

Any insight would be hugely appreciated!

aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:13:22 PM

Usually EU citizens are paying taxes in own country or in the county they reside 180+1 days.

I think every EU county is taxing profit and profit only, but it's best to ask a tax consultant/lawyer.

But I think you need to pay the taxes only when you decide to turn your crypto to fiat.

If taxes in your county are very high, there is always an option to make one LTD in Bulgaria, Croatia or similar country with 10% taxes.

icoico
icoico
icoico

icoico
icoico
icoico

icoico
icoico
icoico
Gigabitguy

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:15:54 PM

when talking about bitcoin profit taxes, which is usually paid by private people, not companies, it might be better to look for a country where there is no tax on bitcoin profits at all.

I heard Denmark has no tax on it and Netherlands only 5%.
But I can not confirm this, only rumors.

Regarding Denmark; there is taxation, although it is often misrepresented in (danish) media.

The misunderstand is coursed by a answer from the TAX authorities regarding a firm receiving payment in bitcoin. The treasury did not see Bitcoin as a form of currency, and would therefore not tax the transactions.

HOWEVER, this changes a lot if you buy or trade bitcoins as an investments. Bitcoin is actually taxed harder than investments in stocks and bonds with about a 53% on gains and only 28% refundable on losses.

As a sidenote you can get some tax deductions from the electricity used on mining activities, however it might not be that beneficial to mine in a country with this high electricity costs.

As a dane I would give Germany a closer look IF i was a successful day trader or just had made a very good investment back in the early days. As others have pointed out it seems like you can hold profit for a year and be tax free + that lambo is gonna be considerable cheaper in Germany compared to Denmark Wink

Source in danish:
https://skat.dk/skat.aspx?oid=2156173
https://skat.dk/skat.aspx?oid=2249418
https://www.bdo.dk/da-dk/faglig-info/depechen/depechen-artikler-2017/skat-ved-investering-i-bitcoins
derekok

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:02:09 PM

You simply can't do this.

As soon as you buy the property in UK or move back or show any business or personal connection to the country the tax office will deem your move to Germany as tax evasion and will tax your capital gains. If you don't declare your gains (which you are saying you won't) you would likely end up in court charged with tax evasion which is a criminal offence.

You need to clearly understand that you can't evade UK CGT by simply moving out of the country for 6months or even a year then moving back. Any move abroad must be seen to be a complete and permanent severance with you home country. A bank account, property, even a club membership or phone contract still remaining in the UK in your name can mean you are not classed as living abroad by the tax office. If you return to stay or have any business involvement with the UK within say 10 years (there are no hard and fast rules each case is examined individually and even after 20 years you could be considered to be a tax evader) you will become liable for CGT on your gains made abroad.

So you either pay CGT in the UK or you leave for good. There is no option to return. If you have benefited from the UK then maybe you should simply pay your CGT? In the year you need to hold your BTC in Germany before you can sell to be locally CGT-free BTC could de-value by 20% making the whole exercise pointless. In fact you may then decide to move back to the UK and end up paying CGT on the lesser gain so effectively having paid CGT twice!!

Read this to see how seriously HMRC/CPS take this issue and the resources directed to wards uncovering tax evasion.
http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/articles/prosecuting_tax_evasion/

Thank you for this very comprehensive reply. Best info I have found so far on the web. I am planning to take a similar move, but it is very hard to find reliable info.

I am a UK resident *but Italian citizen. I am planning to move to a country with 0% tax on capital gains to withdraw profits made with cryptos and then purchase real estate in the UK with those earnings.

I wonder:

- whether this is possible or any restrictions would apply from the UK govt side
- what countries (in EU or outside) offer 0% taxation on crypto earnings. I hear Malta and Slovenia but can't find any confirmations. Costa Rica and Malaysia look more likely but probably harder to become tax resident of (just speculating).

Any insight would be hugely appreciated!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.