Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best driver for NVIDIA GTX 670 & cgminer?  (Read 1418 times)
bitbrandon (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:38:04 AM

First, before this post gets flooded with tons of "NVIDIA is a waste of time" or "it's not profitable" etc. please understand these things.

1.) I already have the hardware, which I purchased for gaming last year.
2.) Crazy enough, I actually make a profit currently, but it is so little that you might as well consider me crazy.

Now onto the issue.

I've gone through about 3-4 different video drivers under linux and I'm still getting 100% CPU usage whenever I run cgminer. I've also updated cgminer about 4 times as well. None of this seems to help while I run linux and I can only get away from the issue when I run under windows, but considering I do most of my stuff under linux and just gaming under windows, it's a real pain. I have to either go without mining for a few hours or mine and pretty much do nothing on my machine. I've seen a post or two about a possible issue with OpenCL and NVIDIA cards or something, but I have yet to find a real fix for the issue. Maybe there is none, but I just wanted to know if someone knew if a certain older driver would work better, similar to how the ATI side has to use an older driver etc. to get good hashes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: