Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT ★ Your password may have been stolen!!!  (Read 5445 times)
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:15:35 AM

I too experienced someone has tried to get into some of my cryptorelated accounts with my email and an old password. They too seem to have got into some accounts that I no longer use. As I used to have same password for every sites. Still the question is from where they got the passwords.
They are targeting every crypto related sites.
For your own security avoid doing that, if at some point a hacker gets hold of your password then that hacker will get access to almost all your life, that is why it is better to use different passwords for each account that you have in different websites, that way you will be able to limit the damage a hacker can do to you in case they get one of your passwords.

In Addition to that try to make your password been randomized with extra special characters with capslock on some letters on it so that hackers and breachers will get a hardtime to do some dirty workds with our account and also we must set the 2fa and never used our main email interms on registering on some account that should be random to or try to make a dummy so that it adds more security to us.

I would advise using a password manager, I can't stress how important it is to have a different password on each account!
And how impossible it is to memorize every (strong) password for hundreds of websites.

I too have used only 2-3 passwords previously, until a few months ago somehow one of my passwords was obtained, my bitcointalk account, my gmail and many exchange websites etc. have been breached.
Luckily where my funds were located I was using 2FA, however, it took a week or so to recover access to my bitcointalk account etc.

I was lucky the attacker wasn't very smart, I have noticed a few attempts of him trying to scam someone from my account, however I reacted with a scam accusation against myself with a newly created acc (signed PGP, addresses etc.) so no has been scammed.

Using the same password on many websites (not all of which are secure), and even secure websites get hacked, and hackers obtain usernames and passwords!
If you're using the same password everywhere, the same or simmilar username, you're risking everything.

Use a password manager!

Looking for a signature campaign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:09:24 AM

I too experienced someone has tried to get into some of my cryptorelated accounts with my email and an old password. They too seem to have got into some accounts that I no longer use. As I used to have same password for every sites. Still the question is from where they got the passwords.
For your own security avoid doing that, if at some point a hacker gets hold of your password then that hacker will get access to almost all your life, that is why it is better to use different passwords for each account that you have in different websites, that way you will be able to limit the damage a hacker can do to you in case they get one of your passwords.

In Addition to that try to make your password been randomized with extra special characters with capslock on some letters on it so that hackers and breachers will get a hardtime to do some dirty workds with our account and also we must set the 2fa and never used our main email interms on registering on some account that should be random to or try to make a dummy so that it adds more security to us.

I would advise using a password manager, I can't stress how important it is to have a different password on each account!
And how impossible it is to memorize every (strong) password for hundreds of websites.

I too have used only 2-3 passwords previously, until a few months ago somehow one of my passwords was obtained, my bitcointalk account, my gmail and many exchange websites etc. have been breached.
Luckily where my funds were located I was using 2FA, however, it took a week or so to recover access to my bitcointalk account etc.

I was lucky the attacker wasn't very smart, I have noticed a few attempts of him trying to scam someone from my account, however I reacted with a scam accusation against myself with a newly created acc (signed PGP, addresses etc.) so no has been scammed.

Using the same password on many websites (not all of which are secure), and even secure websites get hacked, and hackers obtain usernames and passwords!
If you're using the same password everywhere, the same or simmilar username, you're risking everything.

Use a password manager!

WHich exchanges were you using the same password?

I think more and more there is a good chance that there was some leak on Bitcointalk again. Because thats the common demominator in all of these failed logins that I have been getting.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:39:21 PM

Use a password manager!

I think more and more there is a good chance that there was some leak on Bitcointalk again. Because thats the common demominator in all of these failed logins that I have been getting.

I remember Btc-e, I don't remember everything that was breached, because it was a lot of websites I used maybe once or twice
Betcoin.ag account, gmail, bitcointalk etc.

Looking for a signature campaign.
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:05:17 AM

Use a password manager!

I remember Btc-e, I don't remember everything that was breached, because it was a lot of websites I used maybe once or twice

I'm using my antivirus as random password generator and they are doing their job quite good. Stay safe.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Absentis

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:49:07 AM

Use a password manager!

I'm using my antivirus as random password generator and they are doing their job quite good. Stay safe.

That's a good idea of having an antivirus like thus generating random passwords, how could I wish I also have that kind of protection. If  you are satisfied with the working condition of that application, then use it as your permanent protection for your pc. Random password has it's secured combinations and I guess the attackers will be having hard times finding it, but the important thing to do is you must keep confidential passwords and don't share it to anybody; cover your keys as you key in your password at the public places.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:18:19 PM

Use a password manager!

I don't use either of those services which all links to Bitcointalk again.

So most likely its someone who is using the hacked database from 2 years ago and hoping someone is still re-using the same passwords. Because no other site that I am using seems to have been leaked or hacked.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:34:50 AM

Use a password manager!

So most likely its someone who is using the hacked database from 2 years ago and hoping someone is still re-using the same passwords. Because no other site that I am using seems to have been leaked or hacked.

I guess that is true. Since I don't think mine was compromised too since I was using the same password on most of the sites I use. Which reminds me, I should really change all those before something bad happens. I really need a system or password manager since there are so many sites that needs passwords and everyone of them has different requirements for the password.
jamyr

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:58:21 PM

Use a password manager!

I guess that is true. Since I don't think mine was compromised too since I was using the same password on most of the sites I use. Which reminds me, I should really change all those before something bad happens. I really need a system or password manager since there are so many sites that needs passwords and everyone of them has different requirements for the password.
Since you have posted that publicly, be sure to stick to your statement
to change your password(s).

I have also reminded my crypto-friends to not recycle their passwords especially their email. And if possible use different emails for different sites.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:47:51 PM

Use a password manager!

Since you have posted that publicly, be sure to stick to your statement
to change your password(s).

I have also reminded my crypto-friends to not recycle their passwords especially their email. And if possible use different emails for different sites.

People sure use similar password to diffrent site for convenience reason and actually im one of those guys doing that but aslong as our email will not be hack surely i can assure that i am on safe hands. And the only counter measure for major hacking that might occur someday is I registered some dummy emails and other user ID on each site so that hacker cannot track easily on which site I am on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:11:49 AM

People sure use similar password to diffrent site for convenience reason and actually im one of those guys doing that but aslong as our email will not be hack surely i can assure that i am on safe hands. And the only counter measure for major hacking that might occur someday is I registered some dummy emails and other user ID on each site so that hacker cannot track easily on which site I am on.

What you said is correct because it is not so easy to maintain different user ids and passwords for each and every site. But you should protect your account by enabling 2fa feature if you're going to load any funds in any particular site. Nowadays hacking is becoming more sophisticated and they can find ways to hack the accounts. If you enable 2fa feature then it is difficult for hackers.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 03:37:56 AM

What you said is correct because it is not so easy to maintain different user ids and passwords for each and every site. But you should protect your account by enabling 2fa feature if you're going to load any funds in any particular site. Nowadays hacking is becoming more sophisticated and they can find ways to hack the accounts. If you enable 2fa feature then it is difficult for hackers.

But as adaseb says its better to have an password manager if you can spend time to list those ones but its very unconvenient for me since I need to spend time to look for my password for particular sites if I do that. But what I do here is I registered using different emails with different username's which is related to me or shall we say that the word already lock on my head but my password has similar on each site's account I've made. And for that doings I didn't suffer any hacking issue for now since its very hard to guess what would be my Account credentials since at the first place i used different  names and emails for this matter.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:22:26 AM

But as adaseb says its better to have an password manager if you can spend time to list those ones but its very unconvenient for me since I need to spend time to look for my password for particular sites if I do that. But what I do here is I registered using different emails with different username's which is related to me or shall we say that the word already lock on my head but my password has similar on each site's account I've made. And for that doings I didn't suffer any hacking issue for now since its very hard to guess what would be my Account credentials since at the first place i used different  names and emails for this matter.

Everyone will have different ideas to protect their accounts but I don't like using any password management system. I maintain one password for all gambling sites and similarly another password for all my emails. But email ids or usernames will be different for each site. And I will always enable my 2fa function before depositing money into any online sites.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:06:50 PM

Password managers are not always full proof. Remember when there was that TeamViewer leak and many people got their computers hacked? Basically people didn't change their "Support 4 digit pin" and it left a hole and hackers basically had full access to people's computers. And they basically used the password managers to login to Paypal, Amazon, etc and bought stuff for them.

Using a different username and same password is a little more effective but instead of forgetting the password you will forget the username. Or you will use username's like adaseb, adaseb1, adaseb2, and the hacker can easily get access to all your accounts since the password is the same. Not very secure at all.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:03:00 PM

Password managers are not always full proof. Remember when there was that TeamViewer leak and many people got their computers hacked? Basically people didn't change their "Support 4 digit pin" and it left a hole and hackers basically had full access to people's computers. And they basically used the password managers to login to Paypal, Amazon, etc and bought stuff for them.

Using a different username and same password is a little more effective but instead of forgetting the password you will forget the username. Or you will use username's like adaseb, adaseb1, adaseb2, and the hacker can easily get access to all your accounts since the password is the same. Not very secure at all.

So what are you suggesting here? You are suggesting us to use different username same password but at the end you said that it is effective but not secure at all. So which on is really better? As for now I only put 2FA for every site that I connect to make sure that I am protected from this hacker. I found out this is pretty much safest thing to make 2FA protection
Hutalar

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:30:53 PM

Easy way to protect your whole accounts.Install ESET NOD32 it can secure your whole data.White hat hackers responding to ESET NOD32 that thread has been found in ESET NOD32. Kindly Fix the issue.So for more accounts ESET NOD32 Antivirus is a best Antivirus to protect your whole accounts at a same time.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:52:32 AM

Easy way to protect your whole accounts.Install ESET NOD32 it can secure your whole data.White hat hackers responding to ESET NOD32 that thread has been found in ESET NOD32. Kindly Fix the issue.So for more accounts ESET NOD32 Antivirus is a best Antivirus to protect your whole accounts at a same time.

I tried that virus scanner before and had nothing but issues with it. Its pretty much no different than the other half dozen or so virus and malware scanners available on the internet.

What you need to realize is that most of these viruses are keyloggers. and its very difficult to detect any 0day keyloggers. All a virus creator has to do is change a few parameters and release a different varient of the same viruses and it won't get detected. That's why when you get viruses in your computer they usually have numbers right after the name because its the same viruses just a different varient like BadVirus, BadVirus2, BadVirus3, etc.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
salsa321

Activity: 698
Merit: 503

Substantiate your success.

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:27:59 PM

we used make pass like address btc,
it will be hard to stolen
angrybirdy

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:46:09 PM

we used make pass like address btc,
it will be hard to stolen

You should've not divulge that in a forum. Hopefully you did not use your btc-add as your password.

-

Any update on where the leak might have came from?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███