Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:18:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Organic Hemp Wick - Butane Lighter Alternative + Now Have FREE Samples!  (Read 4955 times)
Earthlite Organics (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 04:45:21 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2011, 07:24:33 PM by Earthlite Organics

Hello there everyone.

I currently have a micro-sized side business selling organic hemp wick.

What is hemp wick, you say?
It is a hemp twine, dipped in beeswax. It burns like a match or a lighter, and you use it as an alternative to butane lighters and sulfur-burning matches.

It improves the taste of your smoke while decreasing the amount of dangerous chemicals inhaled.
I am serious about the change in taste.
Ironically, beeswax burns so clean it is approved by the American Lung Association.

http://i55.tinypic.com/vorgnb.png

I will be selling 20foot amounts wrapped around wooden tags at the current rate of 0.30 BTC. Prices are based on the 30day USD average on http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

For comparison, the two major brands of hemp wick sell 15.5 feet for 5 US dollars in retail shops. If anyone ends up trying and loving the wick, bulk purchases are also possible. I 50, 100 or 200 foot rolls at a discounted rate.
http://i55.tinypic.com/53uw02.jpg

This is not to make a living for myself - I am not trying to rake in the chips. My motivation and intention is to help support the bitcoin currency. I am willing to send samples of wick as well, just cover the 50 cent shipping.

The more we can increase the diversity of goods and services that offer/accept bitcoin, the stronger it becomes.

I have a website in the works, but will put up the link later when I get more of a reputation and posting history on here.

I'm aware of my low post count... I am a good guy, not a scammer.
If any folks out there want to help me build community trust, let me send you a sample! They are now free, one sample request per user. If you like it, think about donating anything, or better yet, buy a bundle! You can also leave me positive feedback on this thread in exchange for the sample!

From now on, if you wish to buy some wick or get a sample, PM or IM me, and I will give you your own address to send to. Total facepalm move to use one addy for different people. There are no problems with any current orders, but changing this part of my policy will allow me to track all of the orders better in the future.

Namaste,
Shfinkel
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 05:37:18 PM

Bump for great justice.

Though it seems to me I may have to become more a part of the community before people would commit purchasing from me.
It's understandable. ^_^
Crystal Excursion

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I'm Crazy about Bitcoin, trading Quartz for BTC

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 05:55:40 PM

Great Product, Hang in there...Smiley

Hey.. Skype Me.. Beffjaker
see my website, PM if Interested, Thanks !
Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 05:58:55 PM

Great Product, Hang in there...Smiley

I will! That's why I put "sewing seeds" in the topic. :-D
PM if you want a sample! Maybe you can send me a little quartz, I love gems.

Got a nice pendant with a perfect 1.5 inch double terminated quartz, and I  stuck a little Herkimer diamond in there as well

Grin
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:10:18 PM

I may purchase this in the near future.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 07:56:14 PM

I may purchase this in the near future.

Thanks dank!

If you like the wick and refer your friends there is free wick in it for you as well.
gdrop

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:29:30 AM

Do you burn the string by itself just like that? Like a really long candle?

How fast does it burn?
Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 06:51:55 PM

Do you burn the string by itself just like that? Like a really long candle?

How fast does it burn?

Yes, just burn it by itself, and hold it with the tag. Like a super long candle indeed. ;-)

It burns about 1.5 to 2 inches per minute.
If enough people like it and are interested, I can get glass wick holders - small glass vials with a cork in the top. The cork has a hollow metal tube going through the center. Put the wick in it and string it through the top, boom, you got a sexy glass lighter!

antidote

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

I'm used to paying under 10 cents a foot for beeline but you are selling it for over 25 cents a foot.  you do deals on spools or anything?  like a 200 ft spool for 1 btc?
Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 11:12:39 PM

I'm used to paying under 10 cents a foot for beeline but you are selling it for over 25 cents a foot.  you do deals on spools or anything?  like a 200 ft spool for 1 btc?

I could do 200 for 1.2 BTC - the .2 just to cover shipping since I'd need to flat rate it.

Totally doable though!

Do you think that 200ft spools might be popular? If I get enough demand I will offer 200 foot spools as part of the normal "menu," as it were.

Thanks,
Shfink
Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 01:30:10 AM

One sample and one 200 foot roll are being shipped out tomorrow!

Thank you to antidote and Joscience for helping me to get the ball rolling, you won't be disappointed.

Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 11:08:48 PM

All orders have been processed and shipped out.

Thanks again guys!
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:13:35 PM

interesting product.

but... you have to light it with something first, in order to light a cig with it?

kinda complicated...

isn't there a spark-lighter thingie you could put it in that would get it going without the hassle?  like one of those WWI trench lighter knockoffs or something?  brass.  brass sells.

if i could take it out and make it light without having to light it with something else first, i'd probably buy one.
Crystal Excursion

Activity: 98

I'm Crazy about Bitcoin, trading Quartz for BTC

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 05:21:31 PM

interesting product.

but... you have to light it with something first, in order to light a cig with it?

kinda complicated...

isn't there a spark-lighter thingie you could put it in that would get it going without the hassle?  like one of those WWI trench lighter knockoffs or something?  brass.  brass sells.

if i could take it out and make it light without having to light it with something else first, i'd probably buy one.
I was wondering the same thing... I Imagine that a pipe smoker could sit with a candle burning table side, when he repacks his Pipe, he just lights the Hemp Wick from the candle, to the pipe. Thus reducing use of lighter or Matches

Hey.. Skype Me.. Beffjaker
see my website, PM if Interested, Thanks !
Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 06:42:33 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 09:43:31 PM by Earthlite Organics

interesting product.

kinda complicated...

isn't there a spark-lighter thingie you could put it in that would get it going without the hassle?  like one of those WWI trench lighter knockoffs or something?  brass.  brass sells.

I would love to design some custom brass combination lighter/wick holder, but I  need more momentum on the wick side of things first. That way I have money to invest. I think I even saw a custom metalworking service for BTC on the forums!

Wrap it around your pipe, or wrap it around a lighter. Makes things really easy.  Grin

The intent of this product is not quick convenience, but if you've experienced it you may find its def worth the minimal extra work to light the wick with an ignition source.

That is why I  will send you a sample....I will do it for free from now on....

Earthlite Organics (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 09:49:23 PM

I'd like to announce I am sending out samples for free now!

PM me the address it should go to.

If you like it, give me some positive feedback on this thread, toss any amount as a donation, or buy a bundle of wick! ^__^

You can also refer your friends. Tell them I sent you and I will give you free wick or a portion of the sale!
tanerlorn

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:46:10 AM

LOVE these things.

Guys, this is perfect no matter what you smoke. Every friend I have showed this to has said they want some.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:36:24 AM

I've paid Earthlite 0.3 BTC for shipping costs to EU on a sample. I'll post here when it arrives.
The payment:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1Bgu7ZkTuPT8pfgTwuqP1zfuFXGnnMokPs

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
haydent

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:49:51 AM

+1 bump  Cheesy

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
Jessica

Activity: 174

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:22:16 AM

That looks so cool. Even though I don't smoke.
Can you make candles with 'em?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: