Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:09:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/Cheapest Way To Cash Out BTC?  (Read 2537 times)
RavinTavin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

RavinTavin from MyFreeCams

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:50:16 AM

What site has the cheapest/simplest way to cash out BTC?

Thank you!
RavinT

BTC DonationSee Profile Bellow Online Daily 7pm-1am  Eastern Time Zone. USA, times may vary Wink
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/RavinTavin <--- Click! 18+ Only

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RavinTavin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:55:24 AM

(currently using Coinbase, they charge 1%+15 cent)

BTC DonationSee Profile Bellow Online Daily 7pm-1am  Eastern Time Zone. USA, times may vary Wink
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:27:46 AM

I haven't tried yet but I'm thinking transfer them to MtGox and sell them there and then use Dwolla to get them to your bank account. Dwolla has very low fees.   

However you have to get verified at MtGox which can take a couple of weeks at this point. I started out #23000 in the queue but down to 13000 after about 4 days.

But this is my strategy and it will hopefully have the lowest fees, even though may take awhile longer than some other options.
whereismymoney13

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:52:36 AM

I haven't tried yet but I'm thinking transfer them to MtGox and sell them there and then use Dwolla to get them to your bank account. Dwolla has very low fees.   

However you have to get verified at MtGox which can take a couple of weeks at this point. I started out #23000 in the queue but down to 13000 after about 4 days.

But this is my strategy and it will hopefully have the lowest fees, even though may take awhile longer than some other options.

Mt Gox lost my business when pressing the sign-up button constantly showed an error page. Recently opened a CoinBase account, still waiting to verify, but seems like a great wallet/exchange if the deposits end up being fairly quick. My $0.02.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 05:55:57 AM

https://localbitcoins.com

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
tclo

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:09:10 AM

Yes that is the lowest cost way...sell to someone locally for cash, and probably skip all the taxes too.

I just figured out that I can use Dwolla with CampBx.   I didn't have to get verified at either one and just sent the BTC to CampBx and then sold on their exchange and sent the cash to Dwolla for just 25 cent (USD) fee.   You can transfer up to $1000 a day.  And it was an automatic transfer and just took about a second or two at most.

So that is a big problem solved for me.  You can also do ACH transfer to bank account on CampBx for just $2.  But takes a week or so to get verified for the first one.  CampBx offices are in the USA btw....actually just about 10 miles from me.

But this has got to be about the least expensive way to do it, not counting local bitcoins, which i am going to try for fun. You can actually make money that way and charge more than the market rate for BTC.   I just added 7% to Mtgox price for my first ad.  

I'm not sure how you do it when you meet in person but I guess you just have the person give you the cash and you send it on your laptop.  Although I guess there is a way to do it on paper too although I don't know how.
RavinTavin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:24:16 AM

Yes that is the lowest cost way...sell to someone locally for cash, and probably skip all the taxes too.

I just figured out that I can use Dwolla with CampBx.   I didn't have to get verified at either one and just sent the BTC to CampBx and then sold on their exchange and sent the cash to Dwolla for just 25 cent (USD) fee.   You can transfer up to $1000 a day.  And it was an automatic transfer and just took about a second or two at most.

So that is a big problem solved for me.  You can also do ACH transfer to bank account on CampBx for just $2.  But takes a week or so to get verified for the first one.  CampBx offices are in the USA btw....actually just about 10 miles from me.

But this has got to be about the least expensive way to do it, not counting local bitcoins, which i am going to try for fun. You can actually make money that way and charge more than the market rate for BTC.   I just added 7% to Mtgox price for my first ad.  

I'm not sure how you do it when you meet in person but I guess you just have the person give you the cash and you send it on your laptop.  Although I guess there is a way to do it on paper too although I don't know how.

Trying to avoid person to person! I think I made a good choice, thanks guys!
RT

tclo

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:30:02 AM

Trying to avoid person to person! I think I made a good choice, thanks guys!
RT

How do you get your BTC into Coinbase though if they are at a different exchange?   Can you send them the regular way?
RavinTavin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:46:02 AM

Yes with your wallet address. That is found at your Linked Accounts page at the bottom.

Rt

tclo

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:35:30 PM

Yes with your wallet address. That is found at your Linked Accounts page at the bottom.

Rt

Ok I see it.  Well that's good to know about another option to get funds out.  You never know if Dwolla will become more unfriendly to BTC community.  I will stick with sending funds through CampBx for now but opened an acct with Coinbase as a backup.
clipcoins

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:01:51 AM

Yes Dwolla through CampBx is good but Coinbase actually gets you more $, even with the 1%, because their exchange price is much higher.  They must use the current Gox spot price or close to that.  Camp BX prices are significantly lower and also the bid ask spread is significantly larger.

Opened Now: Clipcoins.com
Tywill

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 08:37:14 PM

I've been using CampBX and Dwalla, does coinbase let you use Dwalla? If not how do you get your money?
RavinTavin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 12:38:30 PM

I've been using CampBX and Dwalla, does coinbase let you use Dwalla? If not how do you get your money?

ACH transfer for 1% + .15 cents

naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:10:32 PM

CoinBase only accepts USD  Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: