Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biostar TB350-BTC - first AM4 Mining Motherboard  (Read 2996 times)
Elder III (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:11:41 PM

Hopefully this bad boy will mine with 6 GPUs since it's specifically designed for mining. If it does indeed work with 6 GPUs then it will be my first choice to pair with a nice Ryzen 8 thread CPU for mining XMR or other CPU coins.

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=882

Has anyone found them for sale yet?
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:18:44 PM

Hopefully this bad boy will mine with 6 GPUs since it's specifically designed for mining. If it does indeed work with 6 GPUs then it will be my first choice to pair with a nice Ryzen 8 thread CPU for mining XMR or other CPU coins.

Nope but definitely going to watch for them, thanks for the heads up.
Deep In The Mines LLC

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 05:41:49 PM

We will have these in stock before any other US company according to recent talks with Biostar. They are expected early June.

Deep In The Mines LLC Cryptocurrency miners, power supplies, breakout boards and accessories!

Authorized Biostar and Silverstone Reseller.
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:47:29 PM

We will have these in stock before any other US company according to recent talks with Biostar. They are expected early June.

Lol Biostar tells everyone that.  But the date is correct.
Elder III (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:03:10 PM

Any chance that you guys will test one with 6 GPUs prior to selling them? As far as I have been able to find out thus far no AM4 board works with 6 GPUs and  not stable with 5 even. I imagine that these will work with 6 since it's designed specifically as a mining motherboard, but it's always nice to see it verified by reputable folks first (I consider you reputable just to be clear). Smiley
Deep In The Mines LLC

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 06:32:32 PM

Any chance that you guys will test one with 6 GPUs prior to selling them? As far as I have been able to find out thus far no AM4 board works with 6 GPUs and  not stable with 5 even. I imagine that these will work with 6 since it's designed specifically as a mining motherboard, but it's always nice to see it verified by reputable folks first (I consider you reputable just to be clear). Smiley

Not sure about the testing part yet. From what Biostar said 6 GPUs will work with this board.

Deep In The Mines LLC Cryptocurrency miners, power supplies, breakout boards and accessories!

Authorized Biostar and Silverstone Reseller.
acostaja

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:58:41 PM

Only issue is the cpu cost for this mobo, the cheapest Rizen 5 cost 160$, its expected soon a Ryzen 3 but i doubt could beat an intel Pentium at 50-60$, depends on how stable is this mobo and how much will cost the full setup: mobo+cheapest cpu+ 2-4GB Ram.
Elder III (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:23:01 PM

Only issue is the cpu cost for this mobo, the cheapest Rizen 5 cost 160$, its expected soon a Ryzen 3 but i doubt could beat an intel Pentium at 50-60$, depends on how stable is this mobo and how much will cost the full setup: mobo+cheapest cpu+ 2-4GB Ram.

Well, you can make back the cost of that in a few months, so it's a wonderful option in my opinion. Ryzen is a very very good CPU Miner and worth serious consideration for mining.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:02:15 AM

Biostar to mine 6 gpu card is very special mobo.
jeremyf327

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:27:45 PM

Yes, I can't wait for this one. I've only used the MSI and Asrock boards for mining. Asrock H81 pretty good out of the box and just a few tweeks on the MSI z97. Is the Biostar board usually good to go out of the box?
Elder III (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:58:03 AM

Yes, I can't wait for this one. I've only used the MSI and Asrock boards for mining. Asrock H81 pretty good out of the box and just a few tweeks on the MSI z97. Is the Biostar board usually good to go out of the box?

We have 3 Biostar TB85s that are all plug and play out of the box. Excellent 6 GPU mining motherboard. The B250-BTC is supposed to be the same, just for a more recent socket/chipset. I have read that they work out of the box, but have not had any to test myself.
Phil21

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:57:35 PM

I just got one of these TB350-BTC boards going last night (thanks deepinthemines!).  Unfortunately I'm having quite a lot of problems getting it to recognize any GPUs that use the standard V006 USB 3.0 risers.

I'm running ubuntu 14.04, and have 4x GTX 1060's, as well as 2x RX580 for testing - neither GPU types show up at all in lspci within linux.  As far as I can tell, the motherboard is not detecting anything in those slots at all.  I can't imagine all 6 risers/cables are bad, so I'm at a bit of an immediate loss.

I've not had much time to do much more debugging than cable swaps/reseating/single card testing/etc.  A straight unpowered ribbon-cable 1x -> 16x riser works fine, just can't get the USB risers to work whatsoever.

Figured I'd post here to start a discussion if others are seeing this at all - otherwise I'll report any progress (or lack thereof) here if others are interested.  Any suggestions appreciated!

I was also using this machine as a means to mess around with Ryzen as well in a server setting, so it wasn't meant to be the most cost effective.  One thing to note with this (and any AM4 board) is that there is no iGPU available on any current CPUs, so you will need to use the card in the 16x slot.  Not a big deal for most, but if you are planning on putting these in rackmount chassis and co-locating the lack of an external video connector may be problematic.  Also problematic when your risers don't work at all Wink
Phil21

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:31:38 AM

Quick update on the above post: Looks like I may have a bad batch of risers, as they are exceedingly unreliable.  I've ordered another set, and will update this thread with results when they arrive.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:36:16 AM

Biostar TB350-BTC - first AM4 Mining Motherboard

bought one two weeks ago . haven't used it yet ... i will in time. there is no big rush to me to use it ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: