Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Litecrunch.com] Litecoin P2Pool - 0% Fees - Los Angeles, CA  (Read 1140 times)
LOLMoney (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:15:22 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 12:29:56 AM by LOLMoney

Litecrunch.com
P2Pool running on Windows 2003 in Los Angeles, California, United States.

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Litecrunch

How to connect:
Connect your miner to: http://Litecrunch.com
Port: 9327
Username: Your LTC Wallet Address
Password: x

Please make sure your username is your Litecoin wallet address, otherwise your hashes will be donated to the pool, which I would appreciate, but doubt would be something you would want.  Wink

Make sure to use a wallet address that can accept mined transactions. Don't use deposit addresses for exchanges.

Features that all P2Pool nodes offer:
- PPLNS.
- No registration.
  - Just start mining!
- Payout instantly whenever a block is found on any node.
- No minimum payout as long as you have an active share.
- P2Pool pays the block reward AND all the TX fees in that block!
  - Other pools keep the TX fees for themselves.
- The miner that finds the block gets an extra bonus! (0.5% of the block payout)
- Decent graphs show your progress and speed.
- No coins stored in the server's wallet.
  - Better security.
  - Payouts show up as a mined transaction.
- If node goes down, mine at another P2Pool node.
  - No loss of PPLNS shares, other nodes guarantee your payout.
  - Use other nodes as backups in your miner config.

FAQs
Why should I mine on P2Pool?
P2Pool is a distributed mining pool. Nodes from around the world pool their hash power together to find blocks. A block found on any node = a payout for everyone, on every node!
Distributed hashing power helps keep the Litecoin network strong and safe.

Why should I not mine on P2Pool?
Some people do not like PPLNS, as payouts vary based on the luck of finding blocks. P2Pool must operate this way in order to leave 0 coins on the server.
P2Pool works best for miners who stick around for a while (see "What is PPLNS" below).
Miners with low hash rates may have huge variance. Please see my post here to determine if mining on P2pool is right for you.

Why should I mine on your node?
If you want to mine on P2Pool but don't want the hassle of setting it up, I've done all the work for you!
Although I do my best to keep it updated and secure, problems can always surprise anyone, so make sure you have a backup node or pool in your miner config.

Why does my miner say it has found a lot of shares but I have no payouts and P2Pool doesn't list my payout address?
The real P2Pool share difficulty is much higher than on normal pools. P2Pool essentially lies to your miner and tells it to work on relatively easy shares so that it submits shares every few seconds instead of every few hours. P2Pool then ignores any submitted shares that don't match the real share difficulty. By doing this, P2Pool can more accurately report your local hash rate and you can see if you are having problems quicker.
Miners with low hash rates may have huge variance. Please see my post here to determine if mining on P2pool is right for you.

What is PPLNS
Pay Per Last Number of Shares.
Let's use a car analogy:
 Say you start mining (step on the gas). When you begin, your PPLNS rate is low but increasing (speedometer starting from 0 and going up). After several hours, you will reach your actual PPLNS rate. If you increase your hash rate (step harder on the gas), it will take some time for your pay rate to adjust. When you stop hashing (remove your foot from the gas), your pay rate will slowly decline (coasting to a stop), until hours later it reaches 0.
PPLNS method of payment is hop proof because it takes longer to ramp up to your actual pay rate.
PPLNS is influenced by luck. Whenever P2Pool finds a block, all miners are paid instantly at their current pay rate. If P2Pool finds several blocks in a row, everyone is paid again and again and again at their current pay rate. If P2Pool doesn't find a block for a while, then no payouts are issued.

What is a "mined" transaction?
A "mined" transaction is how a solo miner, or how a pool is paid for finding a block. A mined transaction contains the current block reward and all the TX fees collected in that block.
Mined transactions take 120 confirmations before they can be spent.
When P2Pool finds a block, it looks at the current pay rate of all miners, and rewrites the mined transaction, giving the correct amount to every miner.

If I switch from one P2Pool node to another, will I lose my PPLNS shares?
You can switch nodes on P2pool as much as you like with no penalty as long as you keep using the same payout address as your username.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LOLMoney (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:08:16 PM

Quite a few people have asked for a quick getting started guide. I have created a .zip bundle to get you started CPU mining while you research other mining methods.

http://litecrunch.com/gettingstarted.html
LOLMoney (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:29:29 AM

Pool has been under DDoS the past 3 days. While the server was still up, there was an increase in bandwidth useage. No shares have been lost, but your ping time to the server might have increased.

An abuse email was also sent to the server provider on Friday the 24th around 8.30PM EST which brought the server down. I was accused of running a botnet C&C server [No, I was not.] and that it was being used to DDoS mtgox.com. I have no reason to DDoS mtgox. I am all for the movement that mtgox is attempting to make to support Litecoins and feel that the cryptocurrency movement needs to move forward. Due to this the server was down for almost 24 hours [23.5h]. Due to this, I have found another provider and will be moving it over the weekend.

I apologize for anyone who is mining at my pool. With the pool being open for almost a month, this was not the way that I was planning to celebrate.

While I do hope you continue to mine at Litecrunch, I do understand that it is your choice where you mine. Due to this, to keep you in mind, I do suggest that you continue to mine at another p2pool as your shares will carry over, but this is completely up to you. If your miner supports failover, mining at another pool [with the same username] will work best for you due to the way p2pool functions.

Currently the pool is up and running, feel free to follow us on Facebook for more updates.
https://www.facebook.com/Litecrunch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: