Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Litecoin] How to make precompiled binary file from source code?  (Read 443 times)
zenzen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:08:35 AM

Hello,
I want to create precompiled litecoind daemon binary executable for linux from Litecoin source code, I compile successfully but the files size too big, ex: my litecoind file's size is 97Mb, the litecoind which downloaded from litecoin.org is 8.9Mb.
Everyone has any idea?
Thanks.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:13:03 AM

Hello,
I want to create precompiled litecoind daemon binary executable for linux from Litecoin source code, I compile successfully but the files size too big, ex: my litecoind file's size is 97Mb, the litecoind which downloaded from litecoin.org is 8.9Mb.
Everyone has any idea?
Thanks.

/usr/bin/strip litecoind

oh, there is some litecoin-cli perhaps, which is needed to. Communicates with the deamon process. Whole setup could be accessable by commandline, or RPC API
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:15:01 AM

Hello,
Everyone has any idea?
Thanks.

/usr/bin/strip litecoind

oh, there is some litecoin-cli perhaps, which is needed to. Communicates with the deamon process. Whole setup could be accessable by commandline, or RPC API

And nooo, stripping a binary does not mean it's doing a sexy dance for you afterwards. Those data are left inside the binary for debugging purposes.
And I should stop watchin' pron and call it the day instead, going to bed.
zenzen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:20:17 AM

I search for litecoind file in usr directory, but it was found only one file in usr/local/bin/litecoind (97Mb).
I followed building process with this guide https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md:
Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install # optional
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:35:34 AM

The large litecoind within /usr/local/bin is just the build including the debugging symbols as mentioned by the other user and it is harmless to use it as is.
If you want it to be rightsized then just run strip on it or adapt the makefile.unix and disable the debugging symbols.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: