Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Built PPCoin-QT for Mac, Looking for Testers (Updated)  (Read 1709 times)
jefflarkin (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:45:50 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 03:42:24 AM by jefflarkin

Update 2 (April 30, 2013) I've worked through my distribution issues. Please use the .dmg file below instead. FYI: safari does not currently work with Mega, so if you don't have an alternate browser installed, please contact me for an alternate link.

PPcoin-Qt.dmg (10.9 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!gQwxGTJC!B6D6f1RWbFRBTp-4U0KYYAmAfzEz-myKVzyIPEppHfk
MD5 (PPcoin-Qt.dmg) = 295a2a0f6d1dc845bc9dbd029c48e0d0

I will submit my changes to Sunny and contribute the build process to the wiki on github. Please still report your results of testing.

Some of you have expressed interest in donating a bounty for this wallet. While nobody should feel obligated to do so, if you wish to express a thanks in cryptocoins, any of the addresses below will go to me. Thanks in advance.

PPC: 1JHUggETfxJ5kXxJMjGB613dw65XaomnsA
BTC: 1JHUggETfxJ5kXxJMjGB613dw65XaomnsA
LTC: LTWt7KZvhXpDxLf3UvPBnTZG14CQwjyavS

Update: (April 30, 2013) I'm pretty sure that I have a working app, although I'm still struggling with some distribution issues. If you would like to try it, please see the link below. I don't know that this will work, so no warranty is implied, use at your own risk. If you try it, please post your machine, os version, and any issues you encounter.
Important: mega downloads don't work in safari, if you don't have an alternate browser installed, please PM me for an alternate download link.

PPcoin-Qt.zip (10.6 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!QRBBGD7C!b39-xjpnNYJs28PnIfVstULk8VFo9mfAbZfP4Uda5m0
MD5 (PPcoin-Qt.zip) = 79121dc27dcb77e42dc6dcf62efb1008

Hi folks. I've been hacking on ppcoin for Mac over the past week. Getting the daemon built was pretty straightforward, but the QT wallet took me a few days to fight through some QT configuration issues. Before I make this widely available (SunnyKing, please PM me), I'd like to talk with the maintainer of bitcoin-qt or litecoin-qt to check and make sure that my binary has the same level of compatibility as those clients. At the moment I've only been able to build the QT client for 64-bit OSX, but I'm hoping I can fix that with a rebuild of QT from source. If you're the person who builds the official QT client for BTC or LTC, please PM me so that I can just sync up and make sure I'm providing the same level of support you do. Thanks!

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 05:51:01 AM

Kudos to Jeff for providing mac build support for ppcoin. Could you maybe host your build on e.g. sourceforge for now, so other users can start using it. Appreciate the hard work!
JDDev

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:08:34 AM

I can test out your Mac binary on my MBP Retina as well as an iMac. Both are 64-bit though.

Thanks for making this available!
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:21:19 PM

Great to hear the Mac client is coming along!  Bought some PPC in anticipation  Smiley
jefflarkin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:10:18 AM

Some early testers reported mixed results with my first build (works great on my machine! =P). I'm in the process of rebuilding some of the dependencies tonight (for example, it appears that current versions of boost do not work on i386 targets for OSX) and hope to be able to provide a new test build later tonight or tomorrow. Hang tight, the long wait for a PPCoin wallet on OSX may soon be over. =) To those of you who have already offered to test, I'll send you a PM when I have something for you, thanks for your interest! =)
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:29:43 AM

Very good to see this coming along.

I look forward to trying it out, thanks for your efforts.

jefflarkin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:24:19 PM

I'd planned on just sending this out to a few people who have expressed interest in testing the Mac Wallet, so if it doesn't work, it'll not work for just a few people. But what the heck, why not fail big? I'm still working through some distribution issues, but if you'd like to test the OSX wallet, it can be downloaded via the link below. There's no warranty implied here, I honestly don't know if it'll work on any machine other than my own.

PPcoin-Qt.zip (10.6 MB)

If you try it, please post the model and OS of your machine and whether or not it works for you. If it fails, please also post what happens so that I can try to debug.
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:56:04 PM

Thanks Jeff, I'll give this a try soon.

Just a FYI here that may save some fellow Mac users some frustration:

Mega download links don't work on Safari/Mac yet (and won't really give you any error message).  Try Chrome or Firefox.

jefflarkin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:32:02 AM

Thanks Jeff, I'll give this a try soon.

Just a FYI here that may save some fellow Mac users some frustration:

Mega download links don't work on Safari/Mac yet (and won't really give you any error message).  Try Chrome or Firefox.

Sigh, go figure... If anyone hits this problem and doesn't have an alternative browser, please PM me and I'll send you a dropbox link. I don't want to give that link to everyone, but a few people will probably be ok.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:42:49 AM

Much thanks, will give this a try and some feed back soon!
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:33:47 PM

It works fine for me, no issue so long.

First I tried to download ppcoin-qt with Opera on any OS, without success. Then with Camino on Mac, message says browser is too old. Last with Firefox on Ubuntu Linux, that worked fine.

Created wallet, downloaded blockchain, received some coins, configured some items, all went well.

Created receiving  addresses, encrypted the wallet, received some coins, sent some coins, works as known from other clients.

Is there a daemon like ppcoind on Ubuntu Linux? How can I identify it? I wished to mint PoS-blocks, if possible.

jefflarkin (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:20:38 PM

It works fine for me, no issue so long.

First I tried to download ppcoin-qt with Opera on any OS, without success. Then with Camino on Mac, message says browser is too old. Last with Firefox on Ubuntu Linux, that worked fine.

Created wallet, downloaded blockchain, received some coins, configured some items, all went well.

Created receiving  addresses, encrypted the wallet, received some coins, sent some coins, works as known from other clients.

Is there a daemon like ppcoind on Ubuntu Linux? How can I identify it? I wished to mint PoS-blocks, if possible.

Yes, I've built the daemon too. You can get it from:

ppcoind.zip (2.0 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!FIxTlSgR!DsFrWTqrQNA1NRIOwqbTT3ngTTEiLlDdeT5_zoDui-A
MD5 (ppcoind.zip) = a886c561352abbb273982e93c8df0356
kazzy

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:19:25 AM

The PPcoin-qt.dmg link isn't working Sad

Update 2 (April 30, 2013) I've worked through my distribution issues. Please use the .dmg file below instead. FYI: safari does not currently work with Mega, so if you don't have an alternate browser installed, please contact me for an alternate link.

PPcoin-Qt.dmg (10.9 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!gQwxGTJC!B6D6f1RWbFRBTp-4U0KYYAmAfzEz-myKVzyIPEppHfk
MD5 (PPcoin-Qt.dmg) = 295a2a0f6d1dc845bc9dbd029c48e0d0

I will submit my changes to Sunny and contribute the build process to the wiki on github. Please still report your results of testing.

Some of you have expressed interest in donating a bounty for this wallet. While nobody should feel obligated to do so, if you wish to express a thanks in cryptocoins, any of the addresses below will go to me. Thanks in advance.

PPC: 1JHUggETfxJ5kXxJMjGB613dw65XaomnsA
BTC: 1JHUggETfxJ5kXxJMjGB613dw65XaomnsA
LTC: LTWt7KZvhXpDxLf3UvPBnTZG14CQwjyavS

Update: (April 30, 2013) I'm pretty sure that I have a working app, although I'm still struggling with some distribution issues. If you would like to try it, please see the link below. I don't know that this will work, so no warranty is implied, use at your own risk. If you try it, please post your machine, os version, and any issues you encounter.
Important: mega downloads don't work in safari, if you don't have an alternate browser installed, please PM me for an alternate download link.

PPcoin-Qt.zip (10.6 MB)

Hi folks. I've been hacking on ppcoin for Mac over the past week. Getting the daemon built was pretty straightforward, but the QT wallet took me a few days to fight through some QT configuration issues. Before I make this widely available (SunnyKing, please PM me), I'd like to talk with the maintainer of bitcoin-qt or litecoin-qt to check and make sure that my binary has the same level of compatibility as those clients. At the moment I've only been able to build the QT client for 64-bit OSX, but I'm hoping I can fix that with a rebuild of QT from source. If you're the person who builds the official QT client for BTC or LTC, please PM me so that I can just sync up and make sure I'm providing the same level of support you do. Thanks!

harryRosswell

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:20:53 AM

yeah that`s true man.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: