Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Rig Build  (Read 1062 times)
BitshireHashaway (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 04:31:43 AM

I'm interested in building a bitcoin rig, however, I do not exactly have the knowledge of how to make one. So what I'm looking to do is have someone take 10 avalon asic chips (you can purchase these on ebay for ~$150), and make a computer for me that can manage the chips (I don't care about cpu, and I don't need a harddrive, just give me a space to plug in one of my current ones, I'll give you specifications if it makes a difference). I basically want a computer that can take these processors and turn it into a 3gh/s system for me that I can set up and have it running consistently.

Please give me an estimate of how much you can do this for, and if you can the estimated electricity usage you think it will have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 04:34:40 AM

Another way we can do this, is you tell me the parts, I pick them up and ship them to you, you make it and ship it back, which means I would prefer if your local.
KillaMarci

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:09:15 AM

I could do it, but I can't find those $150 chips you're talking about on Ebay. There's larger offer of like 50 chips for $2k but nothing under that price to be honest.

You want me to own Bitcoins? No problem. Tongue
18MeAJDurj9oeC5gha7nRFeqHNLdBUVoEj
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:58:49 AM

I could do it,

No you can't. Unless you're an electrical engineer of course. Then, maybe.
RedRobin2442

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:16:11 PM

Another way we can do this, is you tell me the parts, I pick them up and ship them to you, you make it and ship it back, which means I would prefer if your local.

What your asking is not possible unless your willing to spend 200k on hardware and professionals who command such a price. In fact, I dont even want to explain who wrong this is. Just what ever your are think of, stop.

BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:06:38 PM

First, here's the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalon-ASICs-Chips-Bitcoin-Mining-10-Chips-/271195230690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f247ed1e2

Second, if you guys are telling me this won't work, then what recommendation do you guys have for me to be able to get my chips working, or are they just useless? I have a close friend who is an electrical engineer, and can probably do it for me, however, they will need instructions not just here's a chip make it work, so if I want to do it this way what would  I do?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:10:42 PM

First, here's the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalon-ASICs-Chips-Bitcoin-Mining-10-Chips-/271195230690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f247ed1e2

Second, if you guys are telling me this won't work, then what recommendation do you guys have for me to be able to get my chips working, or are they just useless? I have a close friend who is an electrical engineer, and can probably do it for me, however, they will need instructions not just here's a chip make it work, so if I want to do it this way what would  I do?

You get yourself an electrical engineer and tell him "Here's a chip make it work". There are no DIY kits / readily available pcbs for those things yet.
RedRobin2442

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:17:36 PM

Dude, its NOT possible.

First. Even if you had these "chips", you have no software, firmware, or other hardware here.
Second. You must have a really nice friend who just happens to be in the exact subfield of electrical engineering. Also, why dont you go ask him how this would work??
Third. That ebay auction starts it bid at 150 and the buy it now is 700. The photo is from the avalon released images. The seller has a feedback score of 13 and all from his purchases and never a sale.

So do this. Give that guy your money. Give it to him fast! Why are you still sitting here?!

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:29:16 PM

Dude, its NOT possible.

First. Even if you had these "chips", you have no software, firmware, or other hardware here.
Second. You must have a really nice friend who just happens to be in the exact subfield of electrical engineering. Also, why dont you go ask him how this would work??
Third. That ebay auction starts it bid at 150 and the buy it now is 700. The photo is from the avalon released images. The seller has a feedback score of 13 and all from his purchases and never a sale.

So do this. Give that guy your money. Give it to him fast! Why are you still sitting here?!

This guy nailed everything. Down to the very last detail.
KillaMarci

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:46:36 PM

I could do it,

No you can't. Unless you're an electrical engineer of course. Then, maybe.

I'm currently working as a systems administrator with 2 years experience as an electrical engineer. So yes, I can. Guess I can't guarantee anything but I could atleast give it a go. Tongue

You want me to own Bitcoins? No problem. Tongue
18MeAJDurj9oeC5gha7nRFeqHNLdBUVoEj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: