Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:01:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mempool ATH - 140K unconfirmed transactions  (Read 1863 times)
Emoclaw (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:17:49 AM

Yes it's one of these threads again.

Let's celebrate hitting 135,129 unconfirmed transactions, a huge milestone for Bitcoin.
Right now we're at 91K, and we've been over 40K for 4 days now. Hooray for 220 satoshis per byte fees.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 10:33:50 AM

I don't find this surprising nor a reason for celebration. This is caused due to several things:
1) Miners not following user/economy consensus by not implementing Segwit.
2) Increased usage demand.
3) Spam attack.

It is very easy to make the mempool go "crazy" if there is no more capacity within the blocks and the demand suddenly increases. Additionally, we shouldn't price fees in USD (as will do in this thread) due to the constant increase in the price.

Hooray for 220 satoshis per byte fees.
There's nothing wrong with that, and it won't likely change until we see Segwit getting adopted.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:38:54 AM

There's nothing wrong with that, and it won't likely change until we see Segwit getting adopted.

Nothing wrong with that??? Maybe in your country 1USD is nothing, for many others is something.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 10:42:16 AM

Nothing wrong with that???
Again, stop pricing fees in USD. The Bitcoin price grew significantly, and this trend is likely going to continue. The recommended fee-rate is completely disconnected from the price in fiat.

Maybe in your country 1USD is nothing, for many others is something.
I don't care about others (see apathy). That is not my philosophical view, and it would be a very weak one. What you can, and should do, is complain to your miners/pools for not adopting Segwit.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:18:55 AM

Nothing wrong with that???
Again, stop pricing fees in USD. The Bitcoin price grew significantly, and this trend is likely going to continue. The recommended fee-rate is completely disconnected from the price in fiat.

Maybe in your country 1USD is nothing, for many others is something.
I don't care about others (see apathy). That is not my philosophical view, and it would be a very weak one. What you can, and should do, is complain to your miners/pools for not adopting Segwit.

You are one arrogant person, telling someone to stop pricing fees in US$.

All anyone can do is use LTC instead until BTC fixes the ONCHAIN Transaction Capacity Issues.
No one cares about Shitwit or LN Offchain Shenanigans.
After Using LTC and paying less than a few pennies, most will not go back to BTC.
Especially after only needing ~15 minutes to complete a LTC transaction with 6 whole confirmations verses hours or days for BTC to complete a transaction.

Cool

FYI:  @Lauda ,
Performance Matters and your Apathy can't change that.  Wink
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:35:42 AM

This is cores vision. A full block chain settlement layer with high fees.

We should demonise the miners as Lauda propagandises. Hopefully the revolting miners will become truly revolting as a result.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 11:37:52 AM

There is no such thing as "Cores vision". There is only a minor scaling plan ever issued on the website. Please stop spreading fake propaganda.

We should demonise the miners as Lauda propagandises. Hopefully the revolting miners will become truly revolting as a result.
We should. I highly suspect that some are either paid by certain entities to stall or they are just reaping the monetary gain of the high fees (which will reduce (at least temporarily) with a capacity increase).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:44:21 AM

And now we don't care about you and your view so everybody is happy complaining wherever the fuck we want. Smiley

naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:18:12 PM

There is no such thing as "Cores vision". There is only a minor scaling plan ever issued on the website. Please stop spreading fake propaganda.

We should. I highly suspect that some are either paid by certain entities to stall or they are just reaping the monetary gain of the high fees (which will reduce (at least temporarily) with a capacity increase).

With a bitcoin at the present time, we really need a measure which was talking about by you, I do not need to reiterate about it. People have been saying that bitcoin needs to change, BU, segwit, ... there are a lot of suggestions out there, however, I think they are not really necessary. That is why people always refuse. I hope your remedy can solve the problem.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Emoclaw (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:23:18 PM

I don't find this surprising nor a reason for celebration.

Because it's not really. That line was sarcastic.

Yes, yes there is. The fees are now on PayPal levels. The incentive of using Bitcoin for lower fees (at sane, consumer-level amounts) is gone. Businesses also care about profit, and if Bitcoin is more expensive they won't use it.

And on that note, SegWit is very far from getting miner consensus. No amount of complaining will change that.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 12:30:08 PM

And now we don't care about you and your view so everybody is happy complaining wherever the fuck we want. Smiley
That's right. The uneducated shouldn't listen to what their experts preach. You might as well join the flat Earth & anti-vaccination camps. Roll Eyes

People have been saying that bitcoin needs to change, BU, segwit, ... there are a lot of suggestions out there, however, I think they are not really necessary. That is why people always refuse. I hope your remedy can solve the problem.
BU is not a solution of any kind.

I wasn't commenting on your line. You also do realize that written sarcasm without ('/s') rarely makes any sense? Time for a lesson: Poe's Law.

Yes, yes there is. The fees are now on PayPal levels. The incentive of using Bitcoin for lower fees (at sane, consumer-level amounts) is gone. Businesses also care about profit, and if Bitcoin is more expensive they won't use it.
Anyone who thinks that low fees are Bitcoin's main or only appeal is short-sighted though.

And on that note, SegWit is very far from getting miner consensus. No amount of complaining will change that.
No Segwit == no solution. The alternatives are much worse.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:42:56 PM

Lauda is being petty and Gave me a false negative trust rating, how can it be removed?

We have had no business dealings or trades, and I would like Lauda Lies removed from my screen name.

Thanks.

Cool

Bad Form Lauda

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:45:21 PM

Complaining makes sense if it is directly pointed at entities (i.e. all pools that signal BU instead of SW) responsible for Bitcoin not allowing to grow further.

Complaining is pointless also for the reason that if you want to enjoy faster confirmations, that you have to include higher than average fees. It's that simple.

If you're not willing to include a higher than average fee, then you have to accept the extra hours of waiting before your transaction finally gets its first confirmation. It's all up to the people.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:47:41 PM

That's right. The uneducated shouldn't listen to what their experts preach. You might as well join the flat Earth & anti-vaccination camps. Roll Eyes

People have been saying that bitcoin needs to change, BU, segwit, ... there are a lot of suggestions out there, however, I think they are not really necessary. That is why people always refuse. I hope your remedy can solve the problem.

I wasn't commenting on your line. You also do realize that written sarcasm without ('/s') rarely makes any sense? Time for a lesson: Poe's Law.

Anyone who thinks that low fees are Bitcoin's main or only appeal is short-sighted though.

No Segwit == no solution. The alternatives are much worse.

ShitWit will not solve anything, many of you claim spam is the problem,
Spam will continue.

Funny how the fees are important to everyone but you, are you getting a cut from being in the BTC Core Troll Army?

By the way since you LIED on me , I might as well block as many of your lies as possible now, since you tainted my screen name.

Cool
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:16:00 PM

I'm am seeing a record breaking 168mb in my mempool.

Core developers - Ostriches - have had their head in the sand for over 2 years now.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:25:23 PM

Thank goodness we have a 1MB anti-spam limit or this spam would really be bloating the chain!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:12:54 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2017, 09:25:18 PM by AgentofCoin

Core developers - Ostriches - have had their head in the sand for over 2 years now.

It is not about putting their heads in the sand and more about not having a
conclusive solution that doesn't cause long term damage. We have not
reached a point of understanding where we can devise a near perfect answer.

As an example, imagine you had a car that can not exceed 32 kph (20 mph)
in speed, but you wish to reach a destination within a certain amount of time.
The blocksize hardfork solution is like adding a boosting agent into the fuel,
that will speed up the travel time, but will cause damage to the engine and
prematurely age it which causes failure. The SegWit softfork solution is like
a simple tune up of the engine itself so that it runs more efficiently with a
speed increase, without the damage done to the engine's structure itself.
That is the basic difference. One is short term and the other is long.

Core Developers do not wish to shorten Bitcoin's life for short term convenience.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:49:00 PM

do not listen to retared BU propaganda  Angry

those who complain about making a transaction worth 5$ complaining about 1$ fee are eihter retarded or BU shills

even the Romans did not use gold coins to pay for food...do you use $1000 bills at a starbucks? No? A $1000 bill is divisible into 100 000 units but yet nobody would do that. Or write a cheque. Or do a wire transfer.

And today, there are wallets like Jaxx that have Shapeshift built-in; I think there are others too

So just swap a Bitcoin for 100 LTC and use that for your chump change. BTC block size needs to be increased, but not to the point that all micropayments fit into the blockchain. I must admit that LTC (or others) acceptance is not very good yet but I guess this will not be an issue much longer with Shapeshift & Co. API's being marketed as we speak.

Current version of BU is unacceptable (Asicboost).

Those who write that the purpose of BTC is gone now because the fees are on Painpal level, are so retarded, that I will not even to argue that point to preserve my brain cells.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Truth is the new hatespeech.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:57:40 PM

Ah don't say that. If you are a Chinaman, holding the exclusive patent for ASICBOOST, and your problem is "How can I leverage that to control Bitcoin" then BU is the perfect solution  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:01:29 PM

There you have it, digital gold.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: