Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputation and Trust thread – tclo  (Read 5515 times)
nonnakip

Activity: 633
Merit: 591

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:02:34 PM

I was offered 2 BTC for 30,000 XRP. I go on ripple.com and traded my 30,000 XRP for 3.3 BTC.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tclo (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:04:34 PM

Was spamming me with an offer (and a bad one too!) via PM.

I am not pleased! Angry

If i want to be ripped off by users here, I am perfectly capable of doing that on my own, no need to spam me.
To all the other sellers in this thread: seems like you have no idea what xrp are worth these days. Roll Eyes

Everyone who has traded with me who has been happy...just read the posts above.  Not one person said they were unhappy with the deal.  The only ones complaining are the ones who weren't offered as much as they wanted...that's fine and sell to someone else (if you can get that price).  But complaining that you didn't do a trade with me is not what the thread is about.  Smiley
tclo (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:05:46 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 04:57:20 AM by tclo

I was offered 2 BTC for 30,000 XRP. I go on ripple.com and traded my 30,000 XRP for 3.3 BTC.

That's great...good for you.  There are many people buying XRP on here and some are paying more and some are paying less.  There is one person in the forums offering 1 BTC for 50,000 XRP.  Just find a price that is good for you and sell.  Smiley
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 08:26:51 AM

right. This thread is about reputation and trust so I will get to the point:

You confirm by PM a price of 4BTC for 50K xrp on May 16th and on the same day confirm price of 1BTC for 10K XRP on the forum.
You can of course charge different prices but in my view that does not bold well with reputation and trust, quite the contrary.
You are using some thin veil of obscurity to make >20% returns, on people who can't be bothered to figure out what the exchange price for something relatively new priced in bitcoins is.
That is their fault and responsibility, giving you the chance to show your true colours. A true win win

TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 09:13:27 AM

I am not pleased! Angry

If i want to be ripped off by users here, I am perfectly capable of doing that on my own, no need to spam me.
To all the other sellers in this thread: seems like you have no idea what xrp are worth these days. Roll Eyes

Dito. Got PM SPAM from him as well, offering to buy XRP for below half of their market value.

Everyone who has traded with me who has been happy...just read the posts above.  Not one person said they were unhappy with the deal.  The only ones complaining are the ones who weren't offered as much as they wanted...that's fine and sell to someone else (if you can get that price).  But complaining that you didn't do a trade with me is not what the thread is about.  Smiley

Reputation isn't only about completed deals, it's also about general behavior. And unsolicited PM SPAM with very bad offers isn't really good reputation at all. if I were another user wanting to trade with you, seeing these reports would be sufficient reason for me to stop doing business with you.

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:51:45 AM

I am not pleased! Angry

If I am looking for "deals", I'm perfectly capable of doing so on my own. I am not complaining about the bad deal you offered me, I am complaining that you offered it to me on this very forum via PM - if you want to trade, Ripple itself is perfectly capable to handle your offers at whatever price you want to pay.
Just because I received some XRP doesn't mean I consent to unsolicited offers by you.

Feel free to value XRP at whatever price you like and feel free to sell them in a thread or something - but don't spam me with something I didn't ask for.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
tclo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:07:11 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 12:18:39 PM by tclo

right. This thread is about reputation and trust so I will get to the point:

You confirm by PM a price of 4BTC for 50K xrp on May 16th and on the same day confirm price of 1BTC for 10K XRP on the forum.
You can of course charge different prices but in my view that does not bold well with reputation and trust, quite the contrary.
You are using some thin veil of obscurity to make >20% returns, on people who can't be bothered to figure out what the exchange price for something relatively new priced in bitcoins is.
That is their fault and responsibility, giving you the chance to show your true colours. A true win win

The price of XRP is very volatile..sometimes changing 50% in a day.  Lately it has fluctuated more like 20% in a day but you get my point..  Plus you have to take in account the change in price of BTC, which I am paying.  If it increases in value, then I am paying more.  Therefore, like all the other rbuyers on here, I am adjusting my prices often, usually more than once a day.  So a 20% swing is not unusual and it often results in me paying more, not less.
tclo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:09:53 PM

If I am looking for "deals", I'm perfectly capable of doing so on my own. I am not complaining about the bad deal you offered me, I am complaining that you offered it to me on this very forum via PM - if you want to trade, Ripple itself is perfectly capable to handle your offers at whatever price you want to pay.
Just because I received some XRP doesn't mean I consent to unsolicited offers by you.

Feel free to value XRP at whatever price you like and feel free to sell them in a thread or something - but don't spam me with something I didn't ask for.

Ok fair enough and I apologize for the unwanted PM.  Others have either sold to me or said "Thank you for the offer but I'm not currently selling".  Some other members PM'd me about selling their XRP at prices higher than I wanted to pay and I tell them "No thank you".  You have a right to feel differently however and I apologize for the intrusion.
Negcreep

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:20:37 PM

+1
I sold 29936 XRP for 3BTC to tclo.

Transaction was fast and hassle free.

Thank you
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:14:12 PM

pleasure doing business with you!

very quick and problem-free transaction.
thisisgil

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:36:02 PM

Very quick transaction, near instant responses, pleasant and flexible to deal with.

Thanks!

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:43:51 PM

got PM offer of 2.5 BTC for 35K XRP and sent a reply in concurrence.

reading through this thread, it looks like I was low balled..  3.5 BTC seems more appropriate..

will post updates.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
tclo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:53:22 PM

reading through this thread, it looks like I was low balled..  3.5 BTC seems more appropriate..

will post updates.

Yes read through this thread and look at all the different prices.  XRP price is volatile and the amount I offer changes ever day..sometimes two or three times a day.   IF the price of XRP drops 30%, then I can pay 30% less...and vice versa.  But I've PM'd you back and maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks.
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 03:28:00 PM

reading through this thread, it looks like I was low balled..  3.5 BTC seems more appropriate..

will post updates.

Yes read through this thread and look at all the different prices.  XRP price is volatile and the amount I offer changes ever day..sometimes two or three times a day.   IF the price of XRP drops 30%, then I can pay 30% less...and vice versa.  But I've PM'd you back and maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks.

looking good so far.. confirmed.

I appreciate the clear communication, quick transaction and trusted service tclo provides this community. You rock!!

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
nonlinear

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:04:19 PM

10k XRP traded to tclo. Paid out within minutes. Thanks
shackra

Activity: 237
Merit: 102

1 Pedro 3:15-16 (DHH)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 07:52:53 PM

Like a funk song, very cool and smoth trade Wink

Bitcoin-OTC | GPG: 43C5AF3C1C559BA2 | Telegram: https://t.me/jorge_personal
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:34:24 PM

Trustworthy trader. Sent 49600 XRP vs his BTC. He sent first for 1/4 of the transaction then I sent 3/4 first and he promptly paid.

A+
WhiteShum
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:40:04 PM

the exchange passed successfully
colour

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:19:31 AM

Just sold him 4950XRP for 0.62BTC. I sent first without escrow, he sent the BTC within 5 minutes. Nice and fast, am satisfied, can recommend!
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:46:47 AM

+1 perfect transaction. easy going, good communication and fast exchange.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀