Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:45:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Luke Jr expect segwit to be activated?  (Read 1211 times)
aarturka

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:28:38 AM

Good points, but what if that is exactly Jihad Wu's and Roger Ver's motives? What if they really want to crush BTC because they got big positions in some altcoin like ETH or LTC and they will short BTC as the flippening occurs? Or what if jihad Wu gets paid millions++ by the PBOC to kill BTC? You never know with those bastards, this is why I think having a position in LTC (and even if I dont like it, ETH) is reasonable, you never know if they will go to the end and finally kill BTC's leadership.
What's the point of having Alts? If they can destroy Bitcoin, the only decentralized crypto, to destroy scamcoins would be very easy in eth it's enough to snub out Buterin for example. So there's no alternatives, either Bitcoin thrives or all crypto go to hell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:51:34 AM

Good points, but what if that is exactly Jihad Wu's and Roger Ver's motives? What if they really want to crush BTC because they got big positions in some altcoin like ETH or LTC and they will short BTC as the flippening occurs? Or what if jihad Wu gets paid millions++ by the PBOC to kill BTC? You never know with those bastards, this is why I think having a position in LTC (and even if I dont like it, ETH) is reasonable, you never know if they will go to the end and finally kill BTC's leadership.
What's the point of having Alts? If they can destroy Bitcoin, the only decentralized crypto, to destroy scamcoins would be very easy in eth it's enough to snub out Buterin for example. So there's no alternatives, either Bitcoin thrives or all crypto go to hell

alt are there for diversification, if you want to invest big amount in a cheap coins for a great return you can do it, without altcoin you can't

alt serve the sole purpose to increase your bitcoin balance, ok maybe ETH have more than this to offer, but we would see when this thign change to pos what will happen

besides i don't think any alt can dream of destroying bitcoin, and investors are the one that decide where they want to put their money, not some Jihad Wu and Roger Ver guys...
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6145

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:19:50 PM

And no, UASF will not cut it, it will create a disturbance and crush the price, LTC will keep profiting. I think it's time to admit facts: BTC is trapped in a really tricky situation and we are losing on LTC gains, if it doesn't correct soon im going to pass out.

You are correct in my opinion, UASF is not a magic solution. If there is no agreement, it will lead to a chain split, just like a hard fork. It has a slightly different game theory because "segwit opponents" would have to initiate the fork, but in a context of high polarization it will have the same outcome.

But Bitcoin can escape: with a compromise between the Core and the moderate forces of the BTU/miner fraction. I'm every day more convinced that we should go for a version like Segwit2MB where the code "guarantees" that a hard fork has to take place in the future, but with less size increase (e.g. 17,7% per year like in BIP 103).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:09:23 PM

But Bitcoin can escape: with a compromise between the Core and the moderate forces of the BTU/miner fraction. I'm every day more convinced that we should go for a version like Segwit2MB where the code "guarantees" that a hard fork has to take place in the future, but with less size increase (e.g. 17,7% per year like in BIP 103).

With 95% mining segwit will be NEVER activated.
That proposal where 95%  of network will go for segwit is just plain stupid it will never happen.

Today ETH miners are getting almost same $$$ as BTC miners when marketcaps will be equal then they will mine 3x more $$$ than BTC. That will force them for changes if not let it be we will see new king on the hill.
In hisstory when old king dies noone cries and everybody are happy from new king.
If BTC miners won't get any solution, (Unlimited is bugged joke) they don't deserve 1st place in crypto.
LTC as copy coin and controlled by mining cartel if pice of shit to me wit h12 miners government on top.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:14:19 PM

Luke Jr should be taken with a grain of salt. 

He believes blocks should be smaller.  He also believes the sun revolves around the earth.  Really.

He does believe the earth is the center of the universe? lmao.

Luke JR may be a delusional christian fundamentalist nutjob, but that does not change the fact he is a great programmer and has been proven right on numerous occasions when it comes to bitcoin, so my opinion about him as a bitcoin coder remains very high, again, even if he is wrong about pretty much everything else, but this is a bitcoin forum so as long as he keeps my bitcoins safe with his great code, I couldn't give a fuck if he thinks his religion is the correct one out of the other trillion ones.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:02:09 PM

alt are there for diversification, if you want to invest big amount in a cheap coins for a great return you can do it, without altcoin you can't

Once a correction happens to Bitcoin, everyone who has invested their hard earned money in the alts are going to lose their investment. I still remember how Litecoin crashed from BTC0.03 to BTC0.004 ($21 to $1) when Bitcoin came down from $700 to $230.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:07:48 PM

Once a correction happens to Bitcoin, everyone who has invested their hard earned money in the alts are going to lose their investment. I still remember how Litecoin crashed from BTC0.03 to BTC0.004 ($21 to $1) when Bitcoin came down from $700 to $230.

This dime is different. Ask yourself: What did Litecoin had to offer back then, that Bitcoin couldn't?

Yes, Litecoin always had the transaction volume advantage, but Bitcoin never had any problems of unconfirmed transactions staking up and fees going too high.

The current fundamentals are much different. Now some people are finding Bitcoin useless for certain usages, so they will be forced to find an alternative, and for the time being, Litecoin now equipped with segwit is the only coin ready for mainstream usage. It's impossible that Litecoin stagnates as long as BTC can't scale due no segwit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: