Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 10:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lowest possible miners fee  (Read 548 times)
hopeneedshope (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:20:25 PM

Hello, I want to ask a question about the lowest miners fee possible.

If I pay 0.00001 BTC (4 satoshis per byte) as a miners fee, will that transaction EVER confirm?

I do not mind if it takes a long time, but will it EVER confirm or be kicked out?

Basically the question is will a transaction with 0.00001 BTC fee EVER or NEVER confirm.

If it takes a very long time, its fine.

Theoretically. Let's assume that the number of unconfirmed transactions is low (and not the crazy 100k that we saw this week)
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:33:02 PM

Hello, I want to ask a question about the lowest miners fee possible.

If I pay 0.00001 BTC (4 satoshis per byte) as a miners fee, will that transaction EVER confirm?

I do not mind if it takes a long time, but will it EVER confirm or be kicked out?

Basically the question is will a transaction with 0.00001 BTC fee EVER or NEVER confirm.

If it takes a very long time, its fine.

Theoretically. Let's assume that the number of unconfirmed transactions is low (and not the crazy 100k that we saw this week)

There is no minimal limit. You can send transaction without any fee but is very probable it will never be confirmed.

If the transaction is not being constantly rebroadcasted ( some wallets rebroadcast txs automticaly ) should be dropped within few days (cancelled and BTC returned to sending address)

As you can see even zero fee txs can be confirmed (but this is special case. It's payout from kano mining pool ... the pool includes these transactions in own blocks.

hopeneedshope (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:53:14 PM

if I send very low fee (0.00001 BTC), how long it take to confirmed? will it ever be confirmed?

If its a few days to confirm, its still fine

Is it possible to accelerate such a transaction later so that it will be confirmed? or will the transaction be destined to return to original wallet
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

if I send very low fee (0.00001 BTC), how long it take to confirmed? will it ever be confirmed?

Is it possible to accelerate such a transaction later so that it will be confirmed? or will the transaction be destined to return to original wallet

Hmm, yes. It will be confirmed but can take days, weeks, months.... or just one hour ... you never know, nobody knows. Few weeks ago my 4 satoshis/byte tx was confirmed within day ... that time was less than 15k waiting transactions

to accelerate tx use free https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ or paid version https://pushtx.btc.com/

If you do not need quick transfer (like moving them between your wallets) go and try it. At least this lowers the fee average. BTW You know why fees are so high? because we (users) are hungry to make quick transfers, thus offering them. If everybody would use lower fee we all would be happy.( I'm pretty sure miners would adapt )

You can also enable replace-by-fee function (if your wallet supports it)

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:34:58 PM

It totally depends how many transactions are in the mempool. Will it get confirmed this week? No. There are 100k transactions. Maybe next week or in a month but it's hard to say because who knows how many people will be trying to send bitcoins in the next coming weeks.

Why do you want to send such a low fee? Just send like 20 sats/byte to be a little safer at least. That will confirm at some point and definitely won't break the bank. Not that even 100 sats/byte is really that expensive unless you've been cashing out a lot on faucets lol. As it's already been said https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ will definitely be needed for this tx.
Davkul

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

I don’t care

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:21:22 PM

I mean it depends. It could get confirmed but that's most likely going to get stuck.
You should never send such a low fee, I mean it's common sense. Check this site https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1181

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 03:56:29 AM

Why do you want to send such a low fee? Just send like 20 sats/byte

Was going to say the same thing. I use 20 sats/byte and my transactions always confirm, sometimes on slow days very quickly, but usually it takes about 24-48 hours. With a standard P2PKH tx one input one output cost is less than penny.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: