Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:05:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple announcing lock-up next month (june) - Shoot to stars  (Read 53466 times)
f0rmdeep (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:21:00 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2017, 10:26:11 PM by f0rmdeep

One of the major fears about Ripple has been uncertainty about their supply and what if Ripple releases too much of their supply into market, thereby suppressing price.  Although, Ripple being a Licensed, Regulated,
 and Registered company that can be 'Sued' in court for fraud has eliminated much of this worry.

But seems like Ripple wants to be world class in every. among the internal community.

In their internal community, 'Rumors' are dense about Ripple releasing an extensive lock-up agreement spanning a whole decade and more.  removing all market worries about supply.

What does this mean ?

1.) Suddenly All worries about supply will be defeated in one official move.
2.) The supply available will only be the current supply.
3.) Overnight will make XRP lot more precious, valuable and most probably will spike up price greatly given so many use-cases and no more new supply in the horizon.

Additionally, as a remainder unlike Bitcoin, ETH etc which are "Inflation" currencies that increase their supply over time, Ripple is Deflationary. Meaning, NO new coin can ever be mined/created, and Supply reduces over time as every transaction destroys certain amount of XRP.

people are closely watching for hints in this years Consensus2017 event ( by Coindesk ) (https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/859105209854906373)

and it does not end there. Its also rumored that Ripple will use their on-platform escrow feature to enforce this lockup and show off to the feature to their customers. (Ripple has on-platform cryptographically secure escrow that does not depend on 'any' external services)

I have given head's up, i think once this is done, There is no stopping XRP's higher evaluation. and My personal guess is Much higher.

Good luck everybody !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:51:18 PM

+1
impressive

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:43:27 PM

There is no doubt that this would be a segwit-level event for XRP. I would say 1 dollar instantly after the announcement and even more in the future.
I don't like the corporative features of the coin, but right now it can be a great buy, no doubt about it.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:45:12 PM

There is no doubt that this would be a segwit-level event for XRP. I would say 1 dollar instantly after the announcement and even more in the future.
I don't like the corporative features of the coin, but right now it can be a great buy, no doubt about it.
do you know about SBI VC  this summer m8?

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:59:30 PM

do you know about SBI VC  this summer m8?

Not much, from what i have heard, its big deal, and supposed to be announced and open for business for existing customers August 2nd Week ?

Its a VERY BIG deal, because SBI will be the first "National Banking Organization" to run a virtual currency exchange, and XRP is at the center of everything. Infact even JPY, USD and BTC will be represented by XRP iou on the platform, including their own SBI inhouse coin as well.

All in all, after this year, Ripple will be new Google equivalent of 21st century in financial world. People who missed the boat are gonna cry for an opportunity of a lifetime missed, and many new multimillionaires made. I have less, but i am total strong and long on xrp.

Btw if you know more than this , please share.

Zegra

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:04:21 PM

The thing I'm wondering though is how much do the banks pay for a Ripple? We are pumping on our exchanges but who says the banks aren't buying it much cheaper from Ripple itself, I doubt the banks go on Kraken or Poloniex for their stash Smiley
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:13:16 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2017, 11:23:47 PM by f0rmdeep

The thing I'm wondering though is how much do the banks pay for a Ripple? We are pumping on our exchanges but who says the banks aren't buying it much cheaper from Ripple itself, I doubt the banks go on Kraken or Poloniex for their stash Smiley

Hey you are right, but I am glad you are right. I also felt the same way in the beginning, let me bring you up to speed on how it works...

So, Basically Ripple sells banks , market makers and many other institutional customers, through a bit-licensed and registered unit called XRPII . The jurisdiction is NewYork ( bit-license in NewYork is allows international operations - some what like IMF )

Surely their customers like banks get a better deal, BUT ALSO buy under "different" terms and conditions :-). that's the trick. Ripple is very smart. Mostly the OTC sale agreement bans market manipulation, makes them hold XRP reserves and limit use for actual liquidity need etc and not trading.

Which means , institutional reserves make it very stable. And also dont forget, selling XRP for real usecases like banks and trading organizations ( ex: CME ) is one of the revenue sources for ripple.  Its like you grow apples and your regular and market customers get discount- but still you can't sell them for senseless values, but also you will make sure customers get to know the superior taste of your apples by strict guidelines on how to use/store and sale it.

The 2017 first quarter market report is very impressive. looks like many banks want to make sure to have enough XRP reserves, at-least something enough to start their use-cases. here's the link : https://ripple.com/insights/q1-2017-xrp-markets-report/

Their management and strategy teams are bloody sharp honestly - i got to admit and now they even have SWIFT Business VP with them (http://www.financemagnates.com/executives/moves/ripple-poaches-marjan-delatinne-swift-spearhead-european-sales/)... Man ! think about it for a moment... Business And marketing Head- VP of their competitions comes and joins them ! ... way ahead of the game.

hope it helps. thanks.
Zegra

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:35:33 PM

Thank you for your reply, f0rmdeep. I'm grateful you make posts with content to make sure everyone is aware of why this is a good investment instead of using cheap pump-/moontalk. So if I understand this correctly the Ripple we are buying is meant to be used for ourselves if we want to do transactions? Instead of selling it to banks or whatever. So even though the price for a Ripple gets pretty high now and Ripple gets burned for every transaction, the amount of Ripple burned is just 0.00001 or something, so at current prices the transaction fee is only 0.0000009 euros? Which is nothing. And this is why the price can still go a LOT higher without it being plain stupid. Do I understand everything correctly? I haven't had the time to properly research this coin even though I invested a lot (initally just to join the pump but now I deciding if I'll be a holder) so feel free to correct me where my understanding of this coin is wrong. I think it's important for me to know what I bought if I want to keep it longterm.
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:53:57 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 12:25:02 AM by f0rmdeep

Thank you for your reply, f0rmdeep. I'm grateful you make posts with content to make sure everyone is aware of why this is a good investment instead of using cheap pump-/moontalk. So if I understand this correctly the Ripple we are buying is meant to be used for ourselves if we want to do transactions? Instead of selling it to banks or whatever. So even though the price for a Ripple gets pretty high now and Ripple gets burned for every transaction, the amount of Ripple burned is just 0.00001 or something, so at current prices the transaction fee is only 0.0000009 euros? Which is nothing. And this is why the price can still go a LOT higher without it being plain stupid. Do I understand everything correctly? I haven't had the time to properly research this coin even though I invested a lot (initally just to join the pump but now I deciding if I'll be a holder) so feel free to correct me where my understanding of this coin is wrong. I think it's important for me to know what I bought if I want to keep it longterm.

Oh you are most welcome. and Yep, from the little i have understood, you surely got it right !

IOV is still ahead of its time, and people are catching on. I once heard Chris Larsen somewhat speak on these lines.

"Before internet, every network had to worry about connecting to each and every partner networks. This also meant they have to worry about using same routers, same settings, same software, and one went wrong, it all fell apart. After internet ( network for information ) , one only have to worry about connecting to internet and having bandwidth to download or upload. All packets are IP Packets, and now no one worries about the burden of many separate partner networks

Now if you think of the same way for "value" instead of "information", then currently every bank has to trust hundreds of other banks in many countries, and maintain accounts with foreign reserve (bandwidth), to be able to perform remittances. This also includes the risk of some remote foreign bank going belly up. Now with Ripple, all banks have to just worry about connecting to RCL and having enough bandwidth (XRP - universal bridge)

Like internet, initially people will have hard time to catch on, but before you know there will be millions of websites serving different needs. Same way, before we know there will be many services on RCL, all consuming XRP"

now that's really being way ahead of his time. Still people are catching on to this. first time i realized what he was actually speaking about, it gave me goosebumps. the very simplest of usecase is simply giving xrp to banks as they need it dynamically ( happens automatically, especially useful for micro payments worldwide  )

example from ripplefox

:

and example of  bank transactions that can use "injection", especially for micro-payments where fees exceeds amount to be transferred (usually anything below 48 US Dollars approximately for most countries)

Fidor Germany ->Snapswap UK transaction -> https://charts.ripple.com/#/transactions/4F88B09740DC70A8CA7658ADD183903D47BC1A503273A9899BB216AA229BDA11
ATB Canada -> ReiseBank Germany Transaction -> https://charts.ripple.com/#/transactions/C48EF02E1ECA569E08F31F81EA356BBA7790E1CD2F8EDFB9EF2BD4C80197BB93
NBAD Dubai OMR/OMAN issuing account and related transactions Overall summary ->
https://charts.ripple.com/#/graph/rBZXeehEonjsJUbKMHuKAYuN8zw5gA8JXk

one such OMR/OMAN transaction : https://charts.ripple.com/#/transactions/EC0512583F5B4AB78400DD613DD59D7475DF85CCD3E098690BA80ABFD4AC0965

EGP central banks approved accounts and some transactions -> https://charts.ripple.com/#/graph/rBZXeehEonjsJUbKMHuKAYuN8zw5gA8JXk Ex : https://charts.ripple.com/#/transactions/4D4137F4CC3F66E5D3A09A0DDCE1E37F5A619C0BB55AC2FD4F9EDC7E17905B63

I am sure there are many many more, same like us, banks also like their privacy, so i think they are not going to go publish each and every transaction they do. But, after SBI completes the XRP trials this august they are running with 50+ Banks, we will have like a million transactions to go through :-) (found a translated link here: https://twitter.com/Chan_Maddanna/status/857400519429697541)

Best of luck, laters.. !
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:25:18 AM

do you know about SBI VC  this summer m8?

Not much, from what i have heard, its big deal, and supposed to be announced and open for business for existing customers August 2nd Week ?

Its a VERY BIG deal, because SBI will be the first "National Banking Organization" to run a virtual currency exchange, and XRP is at the center of everything. Infact even JPY, USD and BTC will be represented by XRP iou on the platform, including their own SBI inhouse coin as well.

All in all, after this year, Ripple will be new Google equivalent of 21st century in financial world. People who missed the boat are gonna cry for an opportunity of a lifetime missed, and many new multimillionaires made. I have less, but i am total strong and long on xrp.

Btw if you know more than this , please share.

you pretty much covered it,lol
theres is alot more SBI plan to do with XRP aswell...
wow,
Thomson Reuters StreetEvents•May 1, 2017
Transcript of 8473.T earnings conference call or presentation 28-Apr-17
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-8473-t-earnings-160224293.html

we would like to converge as soon as possible. So FinTech 1.0, 1.5 needs the web presence, and it basically is a system that allows the exchange of information. In FinTech 2.0, you're able to exchange value over the Internet. That's the difference. And you don't necessarily need the web any longer. And blockchain, of course, can be used on the web, and DLT, Distributed Ledger Technology, is also developing. Currently, companies like Ripple or R3 Corda is adopting this technology. So we would like to take advantage of this technology to develop the system. And we would like to strive to complete the transition process from 1.0 to 1.5 to 2.0 within 3 years. And we would like to quickly reach the phase of FinTech 1.5 as soon as possible. Then how are we going to do it?
So let me talk about some details.

For example, in the area of Robo Advisor, we have an alliance with WealthNavi. From their point of view, I'm sure they are grateful, because this tie-up is doing very well. We have started to launch WealthNavi for SBI SECURITIES. And we currently already have 12,000 accounts as of April 26 ever since we launched this service, and customer assets have reached JPY 5.6 billion.

Furthermore, with Microsoft and Liquidity Market and FXTRADE, we are partnering to develop FX trading service utilizing AI. We are basically trying to complete a system, develop a system that is able to automatically respond to inquiries.

And creation of new financial businesses and improvement of operational efficiencies through the utilization of blockchain, a core technology of the FinTech 2.0 era, is another topic that I would like to talk about. For blockchain, in the Financial Services Business, we believe it can be applied in a variety of areas. Of course, we would like to make our business more efficient by reducing cost, so it's feasible in that way. But it can also be applied to making transactions more efficient, whether it be derivatives, bonds, commodities or repurchasing, or cross-border. Blockchain can be used in a variety of fields, and we would like to do all of the fields.

In SBI SECURITIES, they're also looking at the feasibility together with IBM to see what we could do to apply blockchain to the financial market infrastructure for bond-processing operations. Shocked

For Virtual Currencies -- SBI Virtual Currencies, this summer, we will finally be scheduling the launch. We will do bitcoin. XRP will be handled here as well and other types of regional currencies. And also fixed rate type of currencies are what we would like to carry. For example, it might be fixed at JPY 1. And we would like to also create SBI coins, and we have all these dreams and ideas in place right now in the world. We would like to create unprecedented market through this launch.

And also for R3, there are more than 80 of the world's major financial institutions that are participating in this consortium. And whether it be Nomura, Daiwa, they are members and so are we. And we have made investments towards R3 as well. And R3 has a project, and we have decided to participate, which is Corda. We are striving to turn Corda into a global standard. And the global standard is yet to be decided. Ripple is focusing on this area. We are focusing on Ripple as well as Corda and R3. If there are other types of technology available, we would like to also look at that as well. That's how valuable it is. And currently at this point in time, the conclusion has not yet come out. However, for this consortium, there are more than 80 financial institutions that are participating. And   Kiss our partner, Ripple, Grin has more than 75 distinguished financial institutions as members. And in Japan, a lot of initiatives are underway by using Ripple.

So strengthening alliances with FinTech investee venture companies is another area I'd like to talk about. APIs, Application Programming Interfaces, and turning this open is something that will become increasingly important. Because the FSA are always telling financial institutions to be more active on this front, whether it be SBI Sumishin Net Bank, which did open up its APIs, this is something we would like to roll out to other areas as well. And considering -- we are considering API connections with about 10 technology development companies in the accounting and asset management field.

Furthermore, for a transaction lending, information from big data, cloud accounting service company-provided information is what we will be looking at to offer accounting transactions. Shocked

SBI Virtual Currencies are only offering 2 cryptos...BTC & XRP ...remember, this is different from the banks , xrp nostro, xrp bridging service use case.
GUYS ....  XRP is not gonna be under 10cents for much longer....when this goes live in summer (june/july) expect around 50cents to $1 by end of this yr...
when it goes mainstream along with many other worldwide organisations joining...XRP could easily go over $5 each by 2020

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:27:30 AM

incase some missed it heres another feature that is awesome...
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2017/03/02/pathshuffle-turning-ripple-fully-anonymous-cryptocurrency/
PathShuffle Turning Ripple Into A Fully Anonymous Cryptocurrency
Tamer Sameeh March 2, 2017

An Overview of PathShuffle:

PathShuffle was presented in a recently published paper as the first ever path mixing protocol for Ripple’s path based transactions. The paper introduced “path mixing”, a unique approach to mitigate deanonymization attacks in Ripple and credit networks in general. Path mixing assumes that each user has two wallets; an input wallet and an output wallet. The path mixing protocol will transfer the predetermined amount, let’s say β IOU, from every input wallet to every output wallet so that an attacking adversary, who controls a significant part of the network, cannot determine which pair of input and output wallets belong to whom. This is noted as “successful path mixing”.
"
PathShuffle is fully compatible with Ripple’s network as proven by the creators’ proof-of-concept implementation, who managed to successfully carry out real-time coin mixing transactions over Ripple’s network.

&
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170424006427/en/BlockChain-U.S.-Financial-Institutions-Reality-eZforex.com-Ripple  = huge
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/banking/finance/banking/google-backed-payment-company-ripple-in-talks-with-npci-banks-for-account-to-account-transfers-globally/articleshow/58393329.cms      = huge

f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:30:45 AM

Thomson Reuters StreetEvents•May 1, 2017
Transcript of 8473.T earnings conference call or presentation 28-Apr-17
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-8473-t-earnings-160224293.html

we would like to converge as soon as possible. So FinTech 1.0, 1.5 needs the web presence, and it basically is a system that allows the exchange of information. In FinTech 2.0, you're able to exchange value over the Internet. That's the difference. And you don't necessarily need the web any longer. And blockchain, of course, can be used on the web, and DLT, Distributed Ledger Technology, is also developing. Currently, companies like Ripple or R3 Corda is adopting this technology. So we would like to take advantage of this technology to develop the system. And we would like to strive to complete the transition process from 1.0 to 1.5 to 2.0 within 3 years. And we would like to quickly reach the phase of FinTech 1.5 as soon as possible. Then how are we going to do it?
So let me talk about some details.

For example, in the area of Robo Advisor, we have an alliance with WealthNavi. From their point of view, I'm sure they are grateful, because this tie-up is doing very well. We have started to launch WealthNavi for SBI SECURITIES. And we currently already have 12,000 accounts as of April 26 ever since we launched this service, and customer assets have reached JPY 5.6 billion.

Furthermore, with Microsoft and Liquidity Market and FXTRADE, we are partnering to develop FX trading service utilizing AI. We are basically trying to complete a system, develop a system that is able to automatically respond to inquiries.

And creation of new financial businesses and improvement of operational efficiencies through the utilization of blockchain, a core technology of the FinTech 2.0 era, is another topic that I would like to talk about. For blockchain, in the Financial Services Business, we believe it can be applied in a variety of areas. Of course, we would like to make our business more efficient by reducing cost, so it's feasible in that way. But it can also be applied to making transactions more efficient, whether it be derivatives, bonds, commodities or repurchasing, or cross-border. Blockchain can be used in a variety of fields, and we would like to do all of the fields.

In SBI SECURITIES, they're also looking at the feasibility together with IBM to see what we could do to apply blockchain to the financial market infrastructure for bond-processing operations. Shocked

For Virtual Currencies -- SBI Virtual Currencies, this summer, we will finally be scheduling the launch. We will do bitcoin. XRP will be handled here as well and other types of regional currencies. And also fixed rate type of currencies are what we would like to carry. For example, it might be fixed at JPY 1. And we would like to also create SBI coins, and we have all these dreams and ideas in place right now in the world. We would like to create unprecedented market through this launch.

And also for R3, there are more than 80 of the world's major financial institutions that are participating in this consortium. And whether it be Nomura, Daiwa, they are members and so are we. And we have made investments towards R3 as well. And R3 has a project, and we have decided to participate, which is Corda. We are striving to turn Corda into a global standard. And the global standard is yet to be decided. Ripple is focusing on this area. We are focusing on Ripple as well as Corda and R3. If there are other types of technology available, we would like to also look at that as well. That's how valuable it is. And currently at this point in time, the conclusion has not yet come out. However, for this consortium, there are more than 80 financial institutions that are participating. And   Kiss our partner, Ripple, Grin has more than 75 distinguished financial institutions as members. And in Japan, a lot of initiatives are underway by using Ripple.

Furthermore, for a transaction lending, information from big data, cloud accounting service company-provided information is what we will be looking at to offer accounting transactions. Shocked

SBI Virtual Currencies are only offering 2 cryptos...BTC & XRP ...remember, this is different from the banks , xrp nostro, xrp bridging service use case.
GUYS ....  XRP is not gonna be under 10cents for much longer....when this goes live in summer (june/july) expect around 50cents to $1 by end of this yr...
when it goes mainstream along with many other worldwide organisations joining...XRP could easily go over $5 each by 2020
[/quote]

WOW, thanks for that ! really did not know its that extensive and not sure how i missed it. I mean it was on Thomson Reuters ! god sakes ... this is superb ! thanks again
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:31:55 AM

Ripple Reddit user...ripcurldog (thanks m8)

https://ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf
Very informative, highly reccomend every Rippler reads this.

*As a digital asset, XRP is a useful trading instrument to reduce spreads and expedite market
thickness. In this paper, we will dive deeper into this concept. We will compare how cross-border
payment processing works in legacy systems versus on Ripple and on Ripple using XRP as a
bridge asset. We will detail an industry-first ROI analysis of distributed financial technology and
digital assets for global interbank transactions.

Page 6
The Cost-Cutting Case for Banks - The ROI of Using Ripple and XRP for Global Interbank Settlements
Ripple. All Rights Reserved.
Economic Implications of a Universal
Bridge Asset
Banks currently incur significant infrastructure costs processing cross-border payments.
Employing Ripple and XRP can help banks eliminate or lower these costs:

Foreign Exchange:
The cost of spread for the purchase and sale of a currency pair in
the wholesale market at institutional rates. This spread can be between fiat currencies or
between fiat currency and XRP held on the bank’s balance sheet. When XRP is used, the
model assumes that banks hold XRP on their balance sheets and provide their own liquidity
for FX transactions. Third-party market makers can also be used.

Currency Hedging:
 The cost of hedging a basket of currencies held in nostro accounts
globally.

Treasury Operations:
The funding cost required to maintain account minimums, the
overhead of managing currencies and counterparties across accounts, and the cost of
occasionally rebalancing
 cash between those accounts locally and internationally.

Liquidity:
 Liquidity costs have two components: the cost of capital locked “in-flight” as an
international wire is processed (typically two days) and the time to fund the local nostro
account (typically one day depending on the local rail). Liquidity cost can be calculated as the
cost of funds applied to the time-weighted average amount of capital locked up.

Payment Operations:
 The manual intervention cost of exceptions and error handling
requiring headcount and the cost of using local rails.

Basel III (LCR)
:
 The opportunity cost to the sending institution of holding lower-yielding,
high-quality liquid assets (as designated by pending Basel III regulations) against credit
exposure during the in-flight period.
For a representative respondent bank
 with $12 billion in annual payment volume (across 5
corridors, 157,000 transactions/month, global average transaction size of $6,300 for international
transactions) and a 6 percent cost of capital

page 9
Now let’s evaluate cost savings to our representative bank using Ripple and XRP as a universal
bridge asset. The cost model below assumes our same respondent bank converts 50 percent
of its payments-related float into XRP after implementing Ripple, custodying the XRP itself.
Banks can either source and custody XRP themselves or contract third-party liquidity providers. Shocked
Currency hedging is the only cost with an initial, short-term increase due to the potential higher
volatility of XRP as a new asset. As XRP gains usage, this volatility is expected to trend downward

page 11
This model includes a conservative assumption of hedging costs with initially high volatility of
XRP. However, institutional holdings and active trading of XRP can greatly reduce the volatility of
XRP, significantly lowering the hedging costs. In a low volatility state, assuming the volatility of
XRP is the same as that of a basket of liquid global currencies,
Shocked  costs can decrease an additional
3.8 bps ($10 billion system-wide)
21 or 60 percent compared to the current system, translating to
total system-wide cost savings of over $33 billion annually with lower volatility of XRP.

An incentive program stimulates XRP adoption in market making by rebating liquidity providers
for quoting against XRP in the immediate term, thereby supporting spread reduction over time
against a new asset. The incentive serves to offset volatility risk for market makers and provides
an algorithmic distribution schedule for XRP. As adoption and use of XRP increases, so does its
liquidity and price stability.
More gd info
https://ripple.com/files/ripple_vision.pdf
What’s in it for third-party liquidity providers?
Through its novel design, Ripple facilitates competitive bidding on liquidity provisioning.
Third-party market makers, such as hedge funds, enjoy access to an entirely new and ever-
growing opportunity to provide liquidity for global payments, profiting from spreads.  Shocked

f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:35:54 AM

Ripple Reddit user...ripcurldog (thanks m8)

https://ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf
Very informative, highly reccomend every Rippler reads this.

thanks ! that paper is really informative.
Robben123

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:31:01 AM

Additionally, as a remainder unlike Bitcoin, ETH etc which are "Inflation" currencies that increase their supply over time, Ripple is Deflationary. Meaning, NO new coin can ever be mined/created, and Supply reduces over time as every transaction destroys certain amount of XRP.

I dont understand this fact about Ripple. Are there any official statistics? How many XRP are being destroyed per transaction? What if all XRP are getting destroyed? Can they "produce" new XRP? How many years it would take until all XRP are destroyed?
wingfr

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:50:26 AM

I dont understand this fact about Ripple. Are there any official statistics? How many XRP are being destroyed per transaction? What if all XRP are getting destroyed? Can they "produce" new XRP? How many years it would take until all XRP are destroyed?

XRP spent as transaction fees are destroyed. The default transaction fee is currently 10 drops (=0.00001 XRP). There should be enough XRP to last for thousands of years despite this destruction. If the value of XRP changes, the transaction fee can be adjusted by the consensus of the network.

The rate of loss of XRP due to losing passwords is thousands of times more significant compared to the amount lost as transaction fees.

Because XRP are divisible, even if only 1 XRP remained, it could be divided up among the users of the network and be enough for the whole world to use.

Sources : https://ripple.com/build/transaction-cost/
and https://wiki.ripple.com/Ripple_credits
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:11:41 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 12:31:47 PM by f0rmdeep

XRP spent as transaction fees are destroyed. The default transaction fee is currently 10 drops (=0.00001 XRP). There should be enough XRP to last for thousands of years despite this destruction. If the value of XRP changes, the transaction fee can be adjusted by the consensus of the network.

The rate of loss of XRP due to losing passwords is thousands of times more significant compared to the amount lost as transaction fees.

Because XRP are divisible, even if only 1 XRP remained, it could be divided up among the users of the network and be enough for the whole world to use.

Sources : https://ripple.com/build/transaction-cost/
and https://wiki.ripple.com/Ripple_credits

I agree with @wingfr. The destroyed XRP is very minimal, the more important point is that "more XRP cannot be created/mined ever". and as @wingfr mentioned, due to lost password, ( and also many more legitimate reasons like escrow and timelocking ) many XRP gets sequestered.

So without a doubt it is deflationary - for the simple fact that supply cannot increase. Infact this is also the original reason why so many traditional bitcoin houses hated it. because they could not mine it/control it/ corner the markets like chinese-miners issue etc.. and cannot make big money.

this is the true reason why so much misinformation campaign is running against ripple in my humble opinion.

This article : https://twitter.com/Ripple/status/859528573912104960 is particularly brilliant and i really recommend you @Robben123.  It will answer a lot of your doubts with very good fundamentals.

Good luck.
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:24:11 PM

One of the major fears about Ripple has been uncertainty about their supply and what if Ripple releases too much of their supply into market, thereby suppressing price.  Although, Ripple being a Licensed, Regulated,
 and Registered company that can be 'Sued' in court for fraud has eliminated much of this worry.

But seems like Ripple wants to be world class in every. among the internal community.

In their internal community, 'Rumors' are dense about Ripple releasing an extensive lock-up agreement spanning a whole decade and more.  removing all market worries about supply.

What does this mean ?

1.) Suddenly All worries about supply will be defeated in one official move.
2.) The supply available will only be the current supply.
3.) Overnight will make XRP lot more precious, valuable and most probably will spike up price greatly given so many use-cases and no more new supply in the horizon.

people are closely watching for hints in this years Consensus2017 event ( by Coindesk ) (https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/859105209854906373)

and it does not end there. Its also rumored that Ripple will use their on-platform escrow feature to enforce this lockup and show off to the feature to their customers. (Ripple has on-platform cryptographically secure escrow that does not depend on 'any' external services)

I have given head's up, i think once this is done, There is no stopping XRP's higher evaluation. and My personal guess is Much higher.

Good luck everybody !

This will be amazing for XRP valuation.  Thanks for the info.
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:18:26 PM

This will be amazing for XRP valuation.  Thanks for the info.

I agree, especially love this (totally worth your 5 minutes ) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEVF4LV_gI&t=16s

and this :  ( Subtitles are in English, make sure to turn Subtitles on - this is Big - thank me later ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otERf5Nn9e8
Relictus

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:12:42 PM

@f0rmdeep,

The txids you provided belong to accounts (excluding Reise bank) that have been activated by Ripple Employees. These accounts show activity ~9 months to a year, that indicates a testing of sorts, and not day-to-day use.

For example, NBAD that is reportedly 'live' since January, does not report any txs, nor issuing wallets. There is no transactions in recent ledgers in NBAD related IOUs.
Could you provide a txid for a recent NBAD transaction?

Until we have a press-release by a bank, that says "Yo, we integrate Ripple. Here's our wallet addresses and IOUs (as per Ripple's gateway guidelines)", you may only guess that the entities transacting behind these wallets that match a market/asset of a suspected FI do indeed belong to a said FI.

Also, where did you get the info about SBI VC implementation specifics?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: