Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please recommend wallet  (Read 2760 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:25:17 AM

I won't suggest any particular wallet but I would certainly give you some tips to ensure security. First of all, try to maintain an offline wallet and take backup at regular intervals of time. Secondly, if you are opting in for online or web wallet then do check terms and conditions of such service provider as some service providers have restrictions on the expenditure of the users and if you go against it then they can freeze your wallet without issuing a refund.
The best thing to do when having an online wallet is to turn on the 2fa and also have a strong password so he can minimize the risk of getting hacked or having any kind of hacking attacks that can be a threat for his money. Offline wallet is the best if he will use a paper wallet because it is safe and hack proof.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:30:57 AM

If you use the official wallet of each altcoin then it is a difficult job. You can use coinbase as an alternative, so we will have no difficulty in altcoin fund management.
Usually when I can not find a wallet for altcoin. I usually use the exchange. And I thought it would be a bit safe. Make sure you choose a proven safe exchange. Such as poloniex, bittrex, etc
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 11:16:11 AM

I won't suggest any particular wallet but I would certainly give you some tips to ensure security. First of all, try to maintain an offline wallet and take backup at regular intervals of time. Secondly, if you are opting in for online or web wallet then do check terms and conditions of such service provider as some service providers have restrictions on the expenditure of the users and if you go against it then they can freeze your wallet without issuing a refund.
The best thing to do when having an online wallet is to turn on the 2fa and also have a strong password so he can minimize the risk of getting hacked or having any kind of hacking attacks that can be a threat for his money. Offline wallet is the best if he will use a paper wallet because it is safe and hack proof.

Yes, the paper wallet is hack proof, until it is kept in a secure place. When it comes to web wallet there is a risk even if 2fa enabled because you can secure your account and not the exchange or the service provider's portal. We have already seen many incidents in the past where exchanges got hacked and users lost their funds so it is always recommended to keep funds in secure offline wallet.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:21:46 AM

If you use the official wallet of each altcoin then it is a difficult job. You can use coinbase as an alternative, so we will have no difficulty in altcoin fund management.
Usually when I can not find a wallet for altcoin. I usually use the exchange. And I thought it would be a bit safe. Make sure you choose a proven safe exchange. Such as poloniex, bittrex, etc

Suggesting a wallet exchange is a bad idea. It causes inconvenience for all our transactions. They can be very reputable, however, making logins many times frustrating, in addition, the cost we pay is often higher. An offline wallet is always the best option.

Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:28:34 AM

Suggesting a wallet exchange is a bad idea. It causes inconvenience for all our transactions. They can be very reputable, however, making logins many times frustrating, in addition, the cost we pay is often higher. An offline wallet is always the best option.
Agree that's all bad idea... then a few case... someone can't withdrawal the funds of balance or like get hacked account.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:59:46 AM

Yeah it seems to be hard to find a wallet that contains many addresses for various altcoins. If you dare to take risks. Then you can use the exchange for your altcoin wallet,
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:55:22 PM

you can chose bittrex or coinbase
Lol i think bittrex is included in the exchange. And many people say that storing bitcoin in exchange is something that is at risk. So think again when you want to save in exchange
but if you want to save altcoin more better you save in The default wallet of each altcoin
kaisar21

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:38:25 PM

poloniex.com
is the best sir fee 0.0001
TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:02:12 PM

if you re not do any "bad" thing like gambling,etc. you can use coinbase with all it is security like 2fa in your email and for your coinbase account. but i suggest don't do anything that can make they freeze your account

warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:12:38 PM

Multi-currency wallets I don't know but bitcoin is very convenient to store at XAPO. When you make money from it you do not take a Commission.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:54:21 PM

Multi-currency wallets I don't know but bitcoin is very convenient to store at XAPO. When you make money from it you do not take a Commission.
Yes, XAPO it's a very good wallet, I use this wallet since 2014, In this long period i don't have any problem with it. Furthermore transactions from xapo to other xapo account is instantly, You don't need to wait for confirmations, also all transactions are without any fees, xapo pay the fees for users.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: