Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old wallet with Bitcoin that nobody know  (Read 1413 times)
JengoFF_n0

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:21:55 PM

Imagine to yourself how many wallet with astronomic sums of bitcoin people lost or lost because they didnt give a fuck when bitcoin was tiny.
and those wallets..will  never get acceesable
I don't need to imagine i can check that on blockchain since all transactions are registered in public since start of bitcoin.
You need only to check addressed which coins don't move since around half of 2010 for example.
It seems to me that those who lost Bitcoin in those years tried or even could have returned access to their wallet. Because to restore access to today is not a big deal because all the data are assigned to a real person, so I do not think this is a problem. But to trace all operational data on financial operations. And this is certainly possible.
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:36:43 PM

It seems to me that those who lost Bitcoin in those years tried or even could have returned access to their wallet. Because to restore access to today is not a big deal because all the data are assigned to a real person, so I do not think this is a problem. But to trace all operational data on financial operations. And this is certainly possible.
It is not possible to restore your coins if you are not having the private keys and the coins lost are lost forever ,tracing the coins does not get you to the coins and it is not possible to remember the wallet address in the first place if you are away for a long time.So be careful when you are dealing with crypto currency because if you forget to take back ups it is a waste of your time and resources.
Sugar Daddy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:01:03 PM

Satoshi himself lost access to his wallets.  He's gone underground in embarrassment.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:04:48 PM

Satoshi himself lost access to his wallets.  He's gone underground in embarrassment.
From where did you hear this news  Cheesy It is possible that he lost access to his wallets but looking back at the genius of the inventor it is highly unlikely that he wont be making a hard back up of everything because he knows what he has made and unless and until he destroys those private keys on purpose he wont be losing because of negligence .
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:14:22 PM

From where did you hear this news  Cheesy It is possible that he lost access to his wallets but looking back at the genius of the inventor it is highly unlikely that he wont be making a hard back up of everything because he knows what he has made and unless and until he destroys those private keys on purpose he wont be losing because of negligence .
I think he knows how to recover even i think he is not holding the private key of his own wallet. since he is the creator of bitcoin i think he is holding a secret to get his own bitcoin or anytime i think he can make his own bitcoin without mining it..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:19:23 PM

so what is your point exactly?
the topic of "how many bitcoins are lost" have been discussed multiple times. and that only means there is going to be even less bitcoin that is supposed to be. and the more they lose the more scarce bitcoin is going to be for us BitcoinHodlers.

lower supply + increasing demand = price to the moon
Yes low supply and high demand is good for bitcoin and its holders and if someone forget their wallet is also beneficial for holders but I do not think that it will be good for the bitcoin team/technology as they have their calculated amount of bitcoin and that amount is devised very intelligently so if there will be difference in that amount then I think it will disturb the technology.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:24:19 PM

Imagine to yourself how many wallet with astronomic sums of bitcoin people lost or lost because they didnt give a fuck when bitcoin was tiny.
and those wallets..will  never get acceesable
There's a chance that most of those wallets don't have all that much stuck inside them right now, maybe in the ballpark of a few millions of dollars lost but I find it unlikely that there is much else inside of them since a ton of people would do a lot to get their stuff back.
As mentioned before though, those instances are good because they reduce the supply without changing the demand. That's a good thing in business, since prices go up.
Sugar Daddy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:28:09 AM

I think he knows how to recover even i think he is not holding the private key of his own wallet. since he is the creator of bitcoin i think he is holding a secret to get his own bitcoin or anytime i think he can make his own bitcoin without mining it..

No not possible.  I've have looked at the source code for this possiblity  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: