Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUI miner won't start (?)  (Read 8888 times)
Paya (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:06:24 PM

Hi guys, I have a problem with GUI miner so any help would be much appreciated!

So... I've been playing around with GUI miner for few days and it worked excellent with two of my rigs: one with single 9800GT/WinXP, then with the other rig with same OS and single ATI 5770. Today I've built another machine using spare parts from my PC store, now with two 5770s and again Win XP. But now, after unpacking and launching GUI miner, I'm getting an error message saying that the program has failed to start because "application configuration is incorrect" and that I should try to reinstall.

I have latest ATI drivers installed, also tried with adding SDK 2.1 (which I didn't have on my previous single ATI 5770 rig)... but no result. Perhaps this problem might have something to do with dual graphic cards? Am I missing something there?

Thanks a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frizzl

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:48:58 PM

i doubt its the vid cards I would start by deleting GUIminer, make sure to delete the the poclbm.ini  in your documents and settings profile.  The re dl and try again.

Paya (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:45:08 PM

Yeah it's definitely not about the dual cards setup. I've just unplugged one... and got the same thing with single card: "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Message is showing almost instantly after double-clicking guiminer.exe.

I've just checked this single 5770 in Caps viewer... everything seems to be OK: OpenGL4.1, OpenCL 1.1, Catalyst 11.6 with SDK 4.2 installed. I also deleted previously unpacked GUI miner folders, re-downloaded and then tried both the latest version of GUI miner (...614) and previous one (...609). Catalyst control centre also looks fine, no problems reported or hinted... yet GUI miner still refuses to launch for no reason I am aware of.

On a side note, where exactly is that poclbm.ini file (mentioned in previous post by frizzl) located? Didn't find it in Documents and setting. I've tried searching both hard drive partitions but again couldn't locate it.

I am really confused and running out of ideas. Program works very nice with two other rigs with same OS, and, tbh, lunching GUI miner is pretty straightforward procedure where average newbie like me cannot really make a mistake... or at least it looked that way until now.

Sad
SystemTech

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 06:28:45 AM

Are you running windows 7 or XP?
I have found that on 7 it in the C:\Users\Username\AppDdata\Roaming\poclbm\

On XP id assume its in :
C:\Document and setting\User\Application data\Roaming\poclbm\ or something along those lines.

Hope it helps.
itsmine

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:15:52 AM

Perhaps it is the mining client you are using with gui miner.  Can you see the gui miner window?  Or does it totally not work with xp?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: