Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth + Decred  (Read 4263 times)
Zuop (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:03:14 PM

Hello guys,

I'm fairly new to the whole mining topic (yeah, I missed the train and stuff like that but I started mostly because of interest. I do it on my PC ;-) ).

I got the Claymore Dual Miner Up and Running with my Eth Wallet and everything seems to be fine.

So now I wondered about the Dual Mining feature.
I struggle setting this up. What I did:
  • Created a wallet at https://wallet.decred.org
  • Got a decred wallet address
  • Searched for a decred pool
  • Modified the start batch file for Claymore Miner

So the batch now looks like this:
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal ethwallet -epsw x -ethi 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3343  -dwal decredwallet -dpsw x

Claymore starts up with
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #xx...
DCR: Stratum connecting to ...
DCR: Stratum - Connected
DCR: Authorization failed
: (null)

Can someone help me to clarify what this means? All shares from DCR will be rejected.

Thanks in advance,
Zuop
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:26:30 PM

Read here http://www.decredpool.org/index.php?page=gettingstarted how decredpool works. You need to create a worker. Use stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:3252 if you want to mine directly with your wallet as user and without going trough the hassle of signing up.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:33:10 PM

Sounds like you have your Decred pool account information wrong. In the config.txt you need to add the pool and login info like this:

Code:
-epool <ETH POOL>:<PORT>
-ewal <ETH POOL WORKER>
-epsw <WORKER PASSWORD>
-dcoin dcr
-dpool <DECRED POOL>:<PORT>
-dwal <DECRED POOL WORKER>
-dpsw <WORKER PASSWORD>
-mode 1

Then in the epools.txt and dpools.txt you can specify any failover pools.
Zuop (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:42:05 PM

@Jamievs @Vann

Thank you for the information. I was not aware I need to create a decred Account + Worker (I was using the web decred https://wallet.decred.org).
Also pointing out to use the config file was helpful, as i wrote a .bat file with the commands and probably would have not used a password as for the eth pool I use "x".

I have a few further questions:
  • Is stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3333 the right pool for Claymore Miner? On the website there's only info about ccminer and Nicehash & sgminer.
  • MyName.MyWorker is the wallet so if I would like to change decred to anything else I can do it with MyWorker + pw?
  • In the config file -mode needs to be 0 for dual mode does it?
  • In the epools.txt a sample uses ALLPOOLS: 1, what does this mean?

Thank you again, you helped me already,
Zuop
Valiant Thor

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:31:55 AM

I recommend using the epools.txt and dpools.txt so that you can setup failover pools.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:58:02 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 03:24:39 AM by Vann

@Jamievs @Vann

Thank you for the information. I was not aware I need to create a decred Account + Worker (I was using the web decred https://wallet.decred.org).
Also pointing out to use the config file was helpful, as i wrote a .bat file with the commands and probably would have not used a password as for the eth pool I use "x".

I have a few further questions:
  • Is stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3333 the right pool for Claymore Miner? On the website there's only info about ccminer and Nicehash & sgminer.
  • MyName.MyWorker is the wallet so if I would like to change decred to anything else I can do it with MyWorker + pw?
  • In the config file -mode needs to be 0 for dual mode does it?
  • In the epools.txt a sample uses ALLPOOLS: 1, what does this mean?

Thank you again, you helped me already,
Zuop

For Claymore's miner you should use:

Code:
stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3344

The other stratum port 3333 is for the Nicehash and sgminer and will give you rejected shares. The worker account setting depends on the pool you use. Some pools like Dwarfpool,  you use your wallet address and any password. Other pools like decredpool.org, you need to register an account on the pool and create individual workers and passwords in your account that you then setup in the miner command line or configuration file. Yes, for dual mining mode with Claymore's miner you set -mode 0 (which is also the default if not specified). The allpools settings allows the miner to use the default pools for the dev fee. You only need to set it if the pool you are mining at does not have an account for the dev fee. All the configuration options are in the Readme file.

-allpools Specify "-allpools 1" if miner does not want to mine on specified pool (because it cannot mine devfee on that pool), but you agree to use some default pools for devfee mining. Note that if devfee mining pools will stop, entire mining will be stopped too.
Zuop (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:43:15 PM

Hi again,

thanks for the advice.

Everything was running for a complete day, but now after I modified the epools & dpools files I have a 100% rejection rate for DCR shares although at the beginning it says DCR Authorized.
I can't find anything on this on the internet, can you think of anything I could do? Even when I restore the original pools file all shares rejected.

Thank you very much,
Zuop
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:37:24 PM

Make sure you're using the newest Claymore miner
Zuop (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:57:34 PM

I have the latest Claymore Miner (v9.3) and as mentioned it already worked.. somehow, without any obvious reason, it does not work for DCR on my machine anymore  Huh

Zuop
vatusasid

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:26:00 PM

I have the latest Claymore Miner (v9.3) and as mentioned it already worked.. somehow, without any obvious reason, it does not work for DCR on my machine anymore  Huh

Zuop

Just reinstall the drivers.
Zuop (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:17:45 PM

Crazy. To close the topic:

I didn't reinstall the graphic driver like supposed (maybe this would have been an option in the next days).
I change the server back to stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3343 and created a new worker on decredpool, now it works again? That's crazy because changing the server back to 3343 was one of the first things I tried after it broke..

Nevermind, I got the help I asked for, thanks guys for helping a beginner! Really appreciate it.

Cheers Zuop
rig-6-1070

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

decredpool.org

Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock.

how to fix,

i wrote an email and used to contact..

getting no feedback or email

pls help
andrei.dr

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:55:39 PM

Hello guys,

I'm fairly new to the whole mining topic (yeah, I missed the train and stuff like that but I started mostly because of interest. I do it on my PC ;-) ).

I got the Claymore Dual Miner Up and Running with my Eth Wallet and everything seems to be fine.

So now I wondered about the Dual Mining feature.
I struggle setting this up. What I did:
  • Created a wallet at https://wallet.decred.org
  • Got a decred wallet address
  • Searched for a decred pool
  • Modified the start batch file for Claymore Miner

So the batch now looks like this:
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal ethwallet -epsw x -ethi 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3343  -dwal decredwallet -dpsw x

Claymore starts up with
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #xx...
DCR: Stratum connecting to ...
DCR: Stratum - Connected
DCR: Authorization failed
: (null)

Can someone help me to clarify what this means? All shares from DCR will be rejected.

Thanks in advance,
Zuop

Hello! I've also missed the train in this matter, but I recently got informed very well about this. I hope that was useful to you!
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

Asic start mining DCR thus the difficulty went up.
So, everybody ( but not you   till now) decide to stop spending energy to Dual mine DCR because you are spendinge more than what you gain
So, pools recognize you haven't an ASIC e reject your connection
Most of the people is now mining XVG with the 11.x Claymore dual miner
BurriT

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 03:36:44 PM

Is mining pools for Decred on http://yiimp.ccminer.org/ is still working ?

I am traing on my Claymore’s dual ethereum miner v15 with no luck :/

Code:
2021.02.28:15:58:33.180: duas B2S: Could not connect to blake2s pool yiimp.ccminer.org:3252:

Thx for any infos.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 03:49:04 PM

Is mining pools for Decred on http://yiimp.ccminer.org/ is still working ?

I am traing on my Claymore’s dual ethereum miner v15 with no luck :/

Code:
2021.02.28:15:58:33.180: duas B2S: Could not connect to blake2s pool yiimp.ccminer.org:3252:

Thx for any infos.

Read the post above yours about dual mining decred.  also:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2162413.0
BurriT

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 09:52:00 PM

I don't understand why they put in readme.txt information about not working from 2018 mining pool.... This is gravy train :/
XVG is hopeless also.

Thx for your remarks, man.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 01, 2021, 03:49:28 PM

I don't understand why they put in readme.txt information about not working from 2018 mining pool.... This is gravy train :/
XVG is hopeless also.

Thx for your remarks, man.

Well Claymore miner has been around for about 6 years now.  And it hasn't been updated since 2019.  A lot of time those readme files initially get made, and then stuff (like new features) get added to them, but obsolete information stays.  Those pools listed in the readme are just examples, made to show you the correct syntax, not necessarily to recommend a pool.

If you want to dual mine, I think the only option at this point is Zilliqua.  Check this out for more info:  https://cryptomining-blog.com/12610-get-even-better-profit-by-dual-mining-ethereum-eth-and-zilliqa-zil/
BurriT

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 01:47:57 AM

Thx for the advice.. I have started mine in dual mode with Zilliqua.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: