Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is not a cryptocurrency  (Read 2582 times)
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:43:29 AM

maximum is 100 000 000 000 (but can be changed anytime)

wrong. supply cannot be altered per the protocol's rules.

Ah, so sorry, my fault. So tell me, how many XRP miners are there, who are agreeing over the "protocol rules" LOL

It is possible to find how many people are mining but XRP is becoming the most major currency and most of the Japan banks are attracting to it. In coming days XRP has great demand in terms of value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
derekis126

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:56:06 AM

You are right, Ripple is centralized currency, it is a gateway of fiat money, but it can be also speculating like general crypto currenries.
AnCap101

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:40:26 AM

Just a friendly reminder, Ripple is not a cryptocurrency

It is an electronic token, issued by a company. Ripple Labs Inc.

They can do what they want, they are in the USA, so they can receive national security letters - they may have received some already.

They can create tokens from thin air and basically they are a FINANCIAL INTERMEDIARY

Just like Wells Fargo blocked wire transfers to exchange because Uncle Sam wanted it, they could (be forced) do the same....they are unsuitable as an investment!

they have around 40 000 000 000 of their tokens floating around already, maximum is 100 000 000 000 (but can be changed anytime) and no one mines them!

If you want a penny crypto that can go up, for heavens sake, buy DOGE or NXT...  Wink
True.

Why should I listen to or support legacy institutions such as the banking that are in bed with the FEDs?

If its a real philosophical difference, then i respect you more. Look there are two ways to reform the system.. i ( and most of ripple community ) don't think going and building a bubble and pretending world/government/regulation does not exist - is not the best way.

we believe in reform by working "with" the system.

btw the idea that total anarchy will be great is naive, even i dreamed during my school days. Google luck with a total people bank, hoping the word of mouth is never cheated upon and transacting without any regulatory protection.

anyways as i said, if its philosophical and you are on the opposite side, i respect you. But deception does not belong to a dignified soldier. you try your way and we try ours.. which ever succeeds - world will be better place.

hope you guys stop wasting time and money on useless misinformation campaigns, because if anything, the real links . news and information make you look like fishy and actually backfires ...

that's the thing with truth... just be honest and say you hate ripple because they work with banks ( whom u hate )

I agree, If you dont like the Nazis join the nazis and change it from the inside
If you dont like ISIS join the CIA and stop the CIA from funding arming and training them
If you dont like the KKK join the KKK and change them from the inside

All of these are insane ideas

Most people got into cryptos because we dont want the criminal cartel of bankers controlling our money and we sure as hell dont want them controlling our money in the crypto sphere
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:25:03 AM

You are right, Ripple is centralized currency, it is a gateway of fiat money, but it can be also speculating like general crypto currenries.
Did you mean if Ripple is the centralized crypto scheme by the bankers? What do you mean about gateway of fiat money? Ripple has backed by a lot of the bankers institution which has made it to be the centralized crypto.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
poutintsev

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 02:15:19 AM

You are right!

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
ahtremblay

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:31:39 AM

Yes, I also agree with your opinion. It is risky when invest in Ripple. Because it is controlled by a company. What's happen if hackers attack their system? Our coins are safe? it is too hard to know.

poutintsev

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

Our what happens if the company decides to do something against us. You can never trust the one who has power. They are usually dishonest.

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
Ckjnow

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

Just a friendly reminder, Ripple is not a cryptocurrency

It is an electronic token, issued by a company. Ripple Labs Inc.

They can do what they want, they are in the USA, so they can receive national security letters - they may have received some already.

They can create tokens from thin air and basically they are a FINANCIAL INTERMEDIARY

Just like Wells Fargo blocked wire transfers to exchange because Uncle Sam wanted it, they could (be forced) do the same....they are unsuitable as an investment!

they have around 40 000 000 000 of their tokens floating around already, maximum is 100 000 000 000 (but can be changed anytime) and no one mines them!

If you want a penny crypto that can go up, for heavens sake, buy DOGE or NXT...  Wink

I agree 100% with that statement. Cool
nigeInvest

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:57:26 PM

I did not know that a ripple is not a crypto currency. Earlier I was sure that this is the usual crypto currency. Now I can not understand why on all exchangers this coin is called a crypto currency.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:01:35 PM

I did not know that a ripple is not a crypto currency. Earlier I was sure that this is the usual crypto currency. Now I can not understand why on all exchangers this coin is called a crypto currency.

Well, someone on a forum wrote a post in bold purple letters, so it definitely must be true... Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:01:54 PM

Well, someone on a forum wrote a post in bold purple letters, so it definitely must be true... Roll Eyes

hahahaha.

Well ripple is a token, sure..... that utilises blockchain technology. Is has a different adaption to other coins/tokens. they tried something different. Different must be bad, evil and stupid right?

FUD FUD FUD everywhere, been hearing it for years.... been ignoring it for years. If I had listened to fudsters I wouldn't have : mined & hodled bitcoin in 2012, mined and hodled litecoin in 2014, bought 200,000 XRP for 5c, joined onion airdrop to recieve 100k in coins, and recently bought 100,000 ETN for 2c........... everybody has an opinion....... everyone has an agenda...... and in time most of them are proven to be fools, just like the OP in this thread.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: